---University of Kansas Class of 2011---

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drhalo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
let's hear it for the jayhawks

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey good luck getting this thread started. I started one last year and there just aren't a lot of us (KU Med students) that frequent these boards. I'm a med student at KU, (M1) and am willing to answer any questions you might have. Congrats class of 2011. Good luck when next year comes around!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi NR! I'm probably going to be at KU next year, and I wanted to know if you had any advice about preparing, etc. In my case, I'm taking this semester off, so I might be a little rusty when class finally starts. Do you think it would be helpful to read some sort of primary on anatomy/phys or something along those lines (I have a lot of spare time)? If so, what books can you recommend? I've never taken an anatomy class before, so I'm a little worried.

Thanks for the help!
(and tough loss last night :( against TTech)

Hi NR! I'm probably going to be at KU next year, and I wanted to know if you had any advice about preparing, etc. In my case, I'm taking this semester off, so I might be a little rusty when class finally starts. Do you think it would be helpful to read some sort of primary on anatomy/phys or something along those lines (I have a lot of spare time)? If so, what books can you recommend? I've never taken an anatomy class before, so I'm a little worried.

Thanks for the help!
(and tough loss last night :( against TTech)

Nah, I was out 3 years before starting med school. You'll be all right.
We didn't start anatomy till December, and we're doing it in system blocks (meaning our anatomy portion was just the thoracic area plus vertebra/spinal chord) so there isn't near as much to do in one period of time. I haven't taken the first practical yet, but I don't think its gonna be bad. I really wouldn't buy any text books because the school puts a lot of textbooks that you'll need on your computer/internet. I bought a few before starting just to find that I wasted something like $200.

If you REALLY are determined to prepare before starting you can get Robert Klein's and George Enders review book, "Pretest: Anatomy, Histology, and Cell Biology". Both authors are teachers your first year and the stuff is pretty good for the first block. You can also get BRS Biochemistry.... I can't speak for how good it is, I bought it but really never used it.:laugh:

Our first block was Foundations and it really had a hodgepodge of material that is supposed to help prepare you for the rest of the year. Most of it is biochemistry/cell biology and histology. That is the major focus, then the rest is introduction to a variety of things (embryology, nervous system function, interviewing skills, medical ethics, etc).

As far as buying textbooks, don't do it. Not only will quite a few of them be on your computer but the M2s will put on a textbook sale right away in the first two weeks of school. You should be able to find everything you could want there for a fraction of the price. Sometimes your big bro/big sis will let you have their books too.

Concerning the next six months. I'm sure your excited for med school and counting the days. (I did). Really try to enjoy this next six months because in a year, med school will have lost its glammer. (It really takes only about a few weeks after it starts to lose its glammer). You'll be glad if you make the most of the next 6 months. So, let yourself be selfish. Sleep in, travel, spend a lot of time with friends. Do what you won't have time to do next year. And if your bored, make some money and save it up for while your in school.

that was a very thorough and helpful response!:)

I just wrote a long pm to someone with questions about KU and thought it would be worthwhile to stick it here as well. I apologize if any of it is repeats from previous posts.

Concerning curriculum...
We just started a systems based curriculum this year. There have been a few hiccups but everything should be ironed out for you for next year. A good example of this curriculum is the current block we're in. It is cardiopulmonary. We started out doing the thoracic anatomy, including the heart and lungs of course, along with major muscles, nerves, vessels, for the chest and back. Along with anatomy, we learned about physiology, pathology, histology, clinical skills, heart sounds, etc of the heart and some addition info concerning circulation and innervation/autonomic nervous system.
We had an written exam and a lab practical four weeks into the block. Just recently we started the pulmonary part of the block. Our exam is in two weeks (total block length, 8 weeks). For individuals that are not satisfied with the grade they recieved on their final, they have the opportunity to retake the test after the weekend (different test of course). They are also letting us retake the anatomy practical, but I think this is a one time thing since it was our first practical. After this next exam, we'll have a day off, and then we'll start the GI system. Some blocks are 8 weeks, some are 4 weeks, some are 6 weeks, I think with the 4 week or 6 week blocks there is just one exam, not two.
In addition to lecture (3 hours of lecture a day), we have PBL about twice a block, small group session once a block, histology lab once or twice a block, physiology labs a few times a block, and clinical skills once or twice a block. So far, (as mentioned, I'm an M1) we have learned interviewing skills, learned how to take vital signs, done a preliminary cardiac exam and a preliminary lung exam. We also do a preceptor visit once a block that is meant to help us practice our skills in a clinical setting.
I think thats probably enough info on the curriculum, but let me know if you want more information.

I like KU, but its hard to know how it compares to other schools since KU is really all I've ever experienced. Why did I choose KU? Well, it was either KU or the osteopathic school in town, and I picked KU for the loan program that I'll mention later on. One thing I like about my class is that we seem very normal. I feel like I fit in with my classmates and that was something I was concerned about before starting med school. If you spend enough time on SDN you start thinking everyone is published, traveled the world, recieved 35+ on the MCAT, and has 20,000 hours of volunteering. I'm sure there are some individuals in my class who are exceptional, but I have not detected any semblance of competition or snobbery in the class.

One thing that is pretty cool about KU, they've gone completely computerized. We all buy a notebook (same one) as a part of our fees and were given it during orientation. Everything we need to use to study, take notes, etc is on that notebook. I've really liked this. Even most of our textbooks are either online or downloaded onto the notebook.

Concerning facilities... I'd say that the school itself doesn't have the best facilities. It is pretty much mixed in with the rest of the campus. I've heard a rumor that they plan on building on a new wing that will be dedicated to the school of medicine though.
The hospital has made some major improvements recently. I think Kansas budgeted something like 5 million dollars on a new cancer center they just built. They also put in a couple of new buildings and they are not done with their project. I think some of things will be important to us once we get into our clinical years (or residency for that matter)

Concerning cost... If you are in state, tuition is something like $20K a year. If you are out of state (me) tuition is ~$36K a year. They are not likely to let someone who is out of state first year claim residency later on. Some states are lenient about in state tuition. Kansas is not.

Concerning focus.... Kansas is very much about trying to get primary care doctors out into their underserved areas. All but 4 counties of Kansas are considered underserved. If you are interested in primary care, I would emphasize this. If you have Kansas ties (if you are OOS) I would emphasize this. If you are interested in working in primary care in rural or underserved area, definitely emphasize this.

Kansas has a very neat loan assistance program that I am a part of (though I am about to get out of it). If you are absolutely certain you want to work in primary care (defined as family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, or emergency medicine) and are willing to work in underserved Kansas, the KMSL program will essentially pay your tuition plus a monthly stipend of $1500 for four years of service in underserved Kansas. There are pretty steep penalties if you back out after your first year (why I'm planning on backing out now instead of later) so its not a good thing unless you are absolutely sure that primary care is what you want, but for those who are certain of this, its a fantastic deal. Especially if you are out of state like me, cuz it is essentially ~$55K that they are paying. My loans would be $55K times 4 less if I continue with this program.... but I'm not absolutely positive about primary care, so I'm pulling out.

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure what else to say. Do you have any questions?

Hey good luck getting this thread started. I started one last year and there just aren't a lot of us (KU Med students) that frequent these boards. I'm a med student at KU, (M1) and am willing to answer any questions you might have. Congrats class of 2011. Good luck when next year comes around!

Looks like I'm another one of the few KU class of 2011 kids ;)

By the way, thanks for the support, lilnoelle!

Drhalo, are you in boston for your undergrad? Or just from there?

yes, lilnoelle is my hero too! i now understand why the wizard of oz guy :love: her!

and gymbum, i went to college in boston but lived there for several years. are you from there?

yes, lilnoelle is my hero too! i now understand why the wizard of oz guy :love: her!

She is super-sweet and helpful! :thumbup: Also gymbum, you look pretty easy on the eyes. :oops:

Just to point out why I'm invading your board, I am from Kansas and was scared away from picking KU by the curriculum change last year; but I have to say that I think that my decision was based on a poor assumption in retrospect having spoken to a few M1's. Definitely the computerized testing is a big plus IMO. Just beware that they are hardcore on determining resident status.

lilnoelle, can you comment on any experiences you had with competing Missouri schools? I mean, did you specifically want to go to KU, or did you just get no love in your declared state of residence? Just curious--you have a very unique prospective since Big 12 country is pretty well-known for favoiring in-staters heavily.

Members don't see this ad :)
lilnoelle, can you comment on any experiences you had with competing Missouri schools? I mean, did you specifically want to go to KU, or did you just get no love in your declared state of residence? Just curious--you have a very unique prospective since Big 12 country is pretty well-known for favoiring in-staters heavily.

Ha! Actually, I applied and interviewed at Mizzou. They apparently didn't like me cuz I got a flat out rejection from them in March where I got a straight out acceptance from KU in March. Confusing? Yes.
Mizzou was my first interview and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. I naively didn't realize that my background (growing up in a relatively uneducated family in a rural area) was benefitial to me. Rather, I thought they were somewhat detrimental to my application. My first interview wasn't anything to brag about, and my second interview was terrible. I gave an answer that the interviewer didn't like concerning nationalized healthcare and I got lectured for 15 minutes. From then on, I was intimidated and didn't know what to say. I didn't handle it well. My interview at KU, however, was about as perfect as it could be. My first interview was with a good old farmboy from Kansas, who was excited that I was there. We had a lot in common and I am rather certain he was the reason I was accepted. My second interview had a rocky start, (first question was "tell us about yourself" aack) but by the end, I felt like I had made a good impression.

If accepted at both KU and Mizzou, I would have probably gone to Mizzou for the cheaper tuition. I'm glad I didn't end up there though. I think I would've hated the emphasis on PBL and going to Mizzou would've meant taking my family out of Kansas City and making my husband find a different job. As it is, we moved to a bigger house closer to my hubby's parent's town, my husband is still at the same job, and my hubby runs the kids to his parents house the weekends before exams. It worked out quite well.

Does anyone know the requirements for the Kansas Medical Student Loan, besides commitment to work in a underserved community?

hey peeps, welcome to KU med....i'm a product of the old curriculum but nonetheless i'd be happy to answer any questions about life around these parts. congrats!

~felipe

If my wife and I move to KC and become residents, there is no way that we can get in state tuition after a year or two? Even if my wife works and we buy a home? Anyone know?

hey felipe, how is the parking around the medical school? also, some people mentioned that they lived in that tall apartment building next to campus. is it easy to live farther out than that (traffic-wise)?

I just wrote a long pm to someone with questions about KU and thought it would be worthwhile to stick it here as well. I apologize if any of it is repeats from previous posts.

Concerning curriculum...
We just started a systems based curriculum this year. There have been a few hiccups but everything should be ironed out for you for next year. A good example of this curriculum is the current block we're in. It is cardiopulmonary. We started out doing the thoracic anatomy, including the heart and lungs of course, along with major muscles, nerves, vessels, for the chest and back. Along with anatomy, we learned about physiology, pathology, histology, clinical skills, heart sounds, etc of the heart and some addition info concerning circulation and innervation/autonomic nervous system.
We had an written exam and a lab practical four weeks into the block. Just recently we started the pulmonary part of the block. Our exam is in two weeks (total block length, 8 weeks). For individuals that are not satisfied with the grade they recieved on their final, they have the opportunity to retake the test after the weekend (different test of course). They are also letting us retake the anatomy practical, but I think this is a one time thing since it was our first practical. After this next exam, we'll have a day off, and then we'll start the GI system. Some blocks are 8 weeks, some are 4 weeks, some are 6 weeks, I think with the 4 week or 6 week blocks there is just one exam, not two.
In addition to lecture (3 hours of lecture a day), we have PBL about twice a block, small group session once a block, histology lab once or twice a block, physiology labs a few times a block, and clinical skills once or twice a block. So far, (as mentioned, I'm an M1) we have learned interviewing skills, learned how to take vital signs, done a preliminary cardiac exam and a preliminary lung exam. We also do a preceptor visit once a block that is meant to help us practice our skills in a clinical setting.
I think thats probably enough info on the curriculum, but let me know if you want more information.

I like KU, but its hard to know how it compares to other schools since KU is really all I've ever experienced. Why did I choose KU? Well, it was either KU or the osteopathic school in town, and I picked KU for the loan program that I'll mention later on. One thing I like about my class is that we seem very normal. I feel like I fit in with my classmates and that was something I was concerned about before starting med school. If you spend enough time on SDN you start thinking everyone is published, traveled the world, recieved 35+ on the MCAT, and has 20,000 hours of volunteering. I'm sure there are some individuals in my class who are exceptional, but I have not detected any semblance of competition or snobbery in the class.

One thing that is pretty cool about KU, they've gone completely computerized. We all buy a notebook (same one) as a part of our fees and were given it during orientation. Everything we need to use to study, take notes, etc is on that notebook. I've really liked this. Even most of our textbooks are either online or downloaded onto the notebook.

Concerning facilities... I'd say that the school itself doesn't have the best facilities. It is pretty much mixed in with the rest of the campus. I've heard a rumor that they plan on building on a new wing that will be dedicated to the school of medicine though.
The hospital has made some major improvements recently. I think Kansas budgeted something like 5 million dollars on a new cancer center they just built. They also put in a couple of new buildings and they are not done with their project. I think some of things will be important to us once we get into our clinical years (or residency for that matter)

Concerning cost... If you are in state, tuition is something like $20K a year. If you are out of state (me) tuition is ~$36K a year. They are not likely to let someone who is out of state first year claim residency later on. Some states are lenient about in state tuition. Kansas is not.

Concerning focus.... Kansas is very much about trying to get primary care doctors out into their underserved areas. All but 4 counties of Kansas are considered underserved. If you are interested in primary care, I would emphasize this. If you have Kansas ties (if you are OOS) I would emphasize this. If you are interested in working in primary care in rural or underserved area, definitely emphasize this.

Kansas has a very neat loan assistance program that I am a part of (though I am about to get out of it). If you are absolutely certain you want to work in primary care (defined as family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, or emergency medicine) and are willing to work in underserved Kansas, the KMSL program will essentially pay your tuition plus a monthly stipend of $1500 for four years of service in underserved Kansas. There are pretty steep penalties if you back out after your first year (why I'm planning on backing out now instead of later) so its not a good thing unless you are absolutely sure that primary care is what you want, but for those who are certain of this, its a fantastic deal. Especially if you are out of state like me, cuz it is essentially ~$55K that they are paying. My loans would be $55K times 4 less if I continue with this program.... but I'm not absolutely positive about primary care, so I'm pulling out.

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure what else to say. Do you have any questions?

Nice summary Noelle....

I'm still hoping for an interview, though my app got screwed up, and my stats probably aren't where they need to be.

I'm still holding out hope that my growing up in Rural KS and wanting to practice in Rural KS will have some effect in whether or not I get an interview.

Nice summary Noelle....

I'm still hoping for an interview, though my app got screwed up, and my stats probably aren't where they need to be.

I'm still holding out hope that my growing up in Rural KS and wanting to practice in Rural KS will have some effect in whether or not I get an interview.

Have you written that letter of intent yet?

If my wife and I move to KC and become residents, there is no way that we can get in state tuition after a year or two? Even if my wife works and we buy a home? Anyone know?

Its possible, but not really likely. I would call the school to find out. I think the office of the registrar handles Kansas residency applications. Their phone number is (913) 588-7055. They'll tell you what they look at when they decide if a person is a resident for tuition purposes.

hey felipe, how is the parking around the medical school? also, some people mentioned that they lived in that tall apartment building next to campus. is it easy to live farther out than that (traffic-wise)?

Well, I'm not felipe.... but I'm here, so I'll answer. Parking is not fantastic. Most people buy a parking pass (about $60 for a year long pass) but the "yellow lots" which are for us lowly students and employees are the furthest lots they have. I guess it depends on what you are used to. I was used to an undergrad where we walked from the dorms to class or parked right by the building that classes were in. There is quite a walk from where you park to where classes are held at KU Med. They do have shuttle busses that stop at the parking lots about once every ten minutes. I rarely take them because I can usually get to the school faster by walking.
At the beginning of the year (when everyone is still going to lecture) if you show up less than twenty minutes before lecture, you may have a hard time finding parking. If you show up after the first lecture of the day (between 9 and 12:30) you'll probably have a very hard time finding a (legal) place to park. As the year goes on, its not quite as bad because not as many people are attending lectures.
Concerning living arrangements, a lot of individuals live a distance from the school and I would say traffic isn't much of an issue. (at least its not for me) It would be nice to live within walking distance of the school though.... and there are quite a few appartment buildings in that area and also quite a few houses that are for rent. I guess it just depends on what you want, convenience or a nicer neighborhood.

thanks lilnoelle - i was just trying to give you a break and bother someone else for once! :)

Nice summary Noelle....

Go to practice in Hays or Great Bend. Both are okay towns to live in but are severely in need of docs. I have relatives there who have to wait a long time to get in.

Regarding living arrangements, keep in mind that you have to live on the Kansas side to keep in-state tuition. This is a factor because the school is literally a few blocks from the state line, and I've been told that MO housing options are cheaper.

Keep in mind that they will consider your status at the time of your application--they will not assume that you will become a resident before you start. You should be eligible for Kansas residency after you've lived there for a year without going over half-time status as a student.

Here is the attitude of the Kansas legislature--oh, you're not actually FROM here? Prove to me that you want to stay. Okay that's a good start, what else do you have to say for yourself? It's ultimately subjective and non-negotiable.

Even at interview time, they will consider your propensity to stay in the state as a condition of your admission. By the rules, you should be able to get in-state status for both AMCAS and tuition purposes, but just be aware that they REALLY want people who do plan to practice there.

Does anyone know the requirements for the Kansas Medical Student Loan, besides commitment to work in a underserved community?

Nikki, is this just for Scholars in Rural health program? Or for in general? Since you mentioned working in an underserved community, I'm thinking you might mean the rural health program... if so here's the basic info and requirements... if not, sorry I'm not much help!

Concerning living arrangements, a lot of individuals live a distance from the school and I would say traffic isn't much of an issue. (at least its not for me) It would be nice to live within walking distance of the school though.... and there are quite a few appartment buildings in that area and also quite a few houses that are for rent. I guess it just depends on what you want, convenience or a nicer neighborhood.

A few of my good friends that are students now, who are also KC natives, are living with their parents for their first year... most are something like 10 to 20 minutes away and seem to have been pretty satisfied with the arrangement. I'd say living a little further seems to be a pretty viable option :)

Go to practice in Hays or Great Bend. Both are okay towns to live in but are severely in need of docs. I have relatives there who have to wait a long time to get in.

Even at interview time, they will consider your propensity to stay in the state as a condition of your admission. By the rules, you should be able to get in-state status for both AMCAS and tuition purposes, but just be aware that they REALLY want people who do plan to practice there.

I've got my sights set on somewhere in NE KS since that's where I grew up....but who knows. I have a friend with a dental practice in Western KS and loves it. First thing would be to get an interview, then hope for the best.

I lived 25 of my 30 years in KS, and want to live there when I'm out of school...it makes sense for me to go there!

Nikki, is this just for Scholars in Rural health program? Or for in general? Since you mentioned working in an underserved community, I'm thinking you might mean the rural health program... if so here's the basic info and requirements... if not, sorry I'm not much help!

Nope, shes talking about the Kansas Medical Student Loan, which is a loan repayment program where they will pay all of your tuition (even if your OOS) plus up to a $1500 stipend every month for you to commit to 4 years of primary care in an underserved area. Its a great deal if your absolutely certain you want to do primary care, but a rotten deal if you change your mind. (steep penalties)

Waterstone apartments is nice. They are about 10 minutes from the school and its a straight shot. Its near 35 and by Walmart, a grocery etc. Also Its about 10 minutes from the plaza going in the opposite direction

thanks for the info, lilnoelle and nikki. waterstone apartments looked pretty decent.

if anyone is looking for a roommate, i'm currently in the market. i'm female and would prefer a female roommate, so if interested please pm me. thanks! :)

I'm excited I found this thread...I was accepted in November and haven't attended any other interviews I've been extended...I'm so excited about being a Jaydoc :)

i'm from olathe. runningdoc, do you go to pitt state?

lilnoelle, i know you've sort of addressed this already, but exactly what is the MS-I class schedule like? Is it lecture 8-12 M-F and then lab 1-3 or 1-5? i moved recently and can't find my interview materials anywhere. how's everything going this semester for you?

hey lilnoelle, disregard the question from the previous post. i found the class schedule from last year's thread. thanks!

Yep, I go to Pitt! Are you from there? I'm from JoCo so I'm in Olathe all the time :)

no, i'm not from pitt but i have a few friends there who are education majors. they seem to like it! i'm hanging around olathe a lot these days since i graduated in december. i'm getting pretty nervous about starting school again.

for the current med students, do you have any idea how safe the cambridge west apartment complex is? it's cheaper than rainbow ridge and i also liked the layout better (bigger rooms). the narrow hallways between buildings kind of creeped me out, though.

no, i'm not from pitt but i have a few friends there who are education majors. they seem to like it! i'm hanging around olathe a lot these days since i graduated in december. i'm getting pretty nervous about starting school again.

for the current med students, do you have any idea how safe the cambridge west apartment complex is? it's cheaper than rainbow ridge and i also liked the layout better (bigger rooms). the narrow hallways between buildings kind of creeped me out, though.

Which one is that? I really don't know anything about the apartments around there (I own a house up in NKC) but I have heard bad things about a few of them. I think I was told that the worse apartments in the area is the one on 39th and Boothe.

So, how long did it take for everyone to find out if they were accepted or waitlisted? How do they notify you - email? snail mail?
My interview was during the last block, and yesterday was the first committee meeting since then.
I felt really good about the interview for about 3 days, and now I'm starting to worry. I'm so nervous I could puke, and I don't have to do anything except wait! What's wrong with me!?! :scared:

thanks lilnoelle. it's funny because i was looking at the johnson med center apartments, which are off 39th and Booth. I guess there's a reason it was such a good deal for a 2BR!

and to The pK, my letter came in the mail. It took 7 days to travel 21 miles, so don't stress too much if it doesn't come for a while. It took a month for me to find out (int: 11/27, a: 12/28). if it helps, i felt the same way about my interview. good luck to you! :)

So where is everyone from?

I'm at KU in lawrence now :) Originally from Prairie Village! Haha, not much ever changes for me, eh? :cool:

The pK- good luck!! glad the interview went well... hope you hear back soon. I did early decision so it was a different story, although I know it's been several days or a few weeks before some people I know heard back. Hang in there ;)

Now that I know it will come by snail mail, I think I can get some work done today.
And I guess I really don't have it that bad. At first I was scared that having one of the last interviews was a bad sign, but now, I'm so glad that I wasn't in one of the first groups. Sorry you had to wait so long, questionable.
I really don't know why I'm reacting this way. Usually I'm relaxed and calm. I guess I didn't realize how much I wanted this until it became a possibility. Thanks SO much for your reassurance. I can't wait to meet everyone! Y'all are so nice to each other!

btw, I'm from MO too. I grew up near Springfield, and now I'm in St. Louis. I'm looking forward to moving. And call me 'pk' if you want, no 'The' necessary - we're all friends here. :)

thanks lilnoelle. it's funny because i was looking at the johnson med center apartments, which are off 39th and Booth. I guess there's a reason it was such a good deal for a 2BR!

and to The pK, my letter came in the mail. It took 7 days to travel 21 miles, so don't stress too much if it doesn't come for a while. It took a month for me to find out (int: 11/27, a: 12/28). if it helps, i felt the same way about my interview. good luck to you! :)

The one I'm talking about is the large white apartment building, not the group of buildings that line Booth.

Hey All,

Congrats on getting accepted to the school. I'm a third year at KCUMB (osteopathic medical school), but my family and I will be moving at the end of this year to be closer to family as my wife has our 3rd child during the craziness of my 4th year.

Anyways, we are in an awesome community about a 15-20 minute drive away from the campus. It is north of the river, in an excellent school district (if you have kids) and in a very family friendly community.

Rent is income based, starting at $417 w/the max being around $500 (I'm not sure the exact amount as we "make enough" to qualify for the reduced rent). Place is awesome....2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath, and a partially finished basement, roughly totalling 1200 sq ft. It is a great place if you have a family as there are a lot of kids in the area. Great place for anyone, A LOT of graduate students live here.

Place is available May 1. I know that is early for school, but a lot of students try to live here and very few are moving out this year....only about 6 or 7 places and they will fill up fast, I started renting the June before my 1st year so its pretty typical.

Call my wife, Lynnsey @ 816-584-2983 if you are interested or would like further information or contact her by email at [email protected]
I will check back on the boards, but do get on often so calling my wife or emailing her would be your best option.

Good luck, whatever you decide

Stan

I interviewed on Feb 7th (the 2nd to last interview day).. At the time they told us that they would probably be making decisions about most of us around St. Pats day (March 17th). Thats far enough out that I have managed to hold off on getting nervous just yet :laugh: I'd be curious to hear when other people who interviewed around the same time as me hear back. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I interviewed on Feb 7th (the 2nd to last interview day).. At the time they told us that they would probably be making decisions about most of us around St. Pats day (March 17th). Thats far enough out that I have managed to hold off on getting nervous just yet :laugh: I'd be curious to hear when other people who interviewed around the same time as me hear back. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I think that is their final date for decisions. At that point, everyone who has interviewed (and been put on hold) will recieve an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. Good luck.

Thanks Lilnoelle, I guess its time for me to start stalking the mail man again :laugh:

Hi melast
I have been stalking my mailman for the past 2 weeks, and he hasn't yet coughed up my letter. I will post here when I hear something.
:luck: