DMU Class of 2007 part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sether52do

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've got a couple of questions for you seasoned DMU students:

1. I've received one of those scholarhsips where you have to keep an 85% to retain the scholarship. Is this an easy thing, or do not many students keep this average? What I'm asking is, what percentage of the class has an average above this?

2. I was one of the guys during orientation last year (Yes, I've started over again this year in the DO program) that suggested a digital format of the notepool. (i.e. emailing it out to the students involved in the pool) This was shot down because of hogging server space. Well, would people be interested instead if the system followed normally until it was posted on a dmunotepool.com website instead of sent to the printers? It would be a ton cheaper and a ton nicer for editing notes. I'd like to get in contact with whoever is introducing the notepool to the class this year and see if I can't throw in my two cents about this idea.

Thanks,

sether52do
http://dmunotepool.sether52.com <-----test site

Members don't see this ad.

hey sether,

as far as your first question, I would have lost the scholarship if it were me only because of anatomy. I got F'd in the A with that class. It's an attainable percent...just stay on top of things.

Secondly, we are moving to a website format for our class next year. I'm not sure what the 08's are going to do since it'll be run by a different team. You'll probably want to talk to the new coordinator or wait til you guys talk to him during orientation. Good luck.

D

DMAKSIMOVIC said:
hey sether,

as far as your first question, I would have lost the scholarship if it were me only because of anatomy. I got F'd in the A with that class. It's an attainable percent...just stay on top of things.

Secondly, we are moving to a website format for our class next year. I'm not sure what the 08's are going to do since it'll be run by a different team. You'll probably want to talk to the new coordinator or wait til you guys talk to him during orientation. Good luck.

D

Thanks for your reply DMAK.

Any idea who is going to be presenting the system to the 08ers this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey to all of those in Des Moines still. We're playing some pickup softball...Saturdays starting this weekend at 3 pm at American Legion Park on 4th and Vine over by Valley Junction. Email me with questions.

Seth: I think the new coordinator was the archivist/historian person for our class. PM me and I'll send you his name/email.