Texas Waitlist Information 2005 part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbp100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WaitCommiserate said:
anyone home?

I know there are people out there who say to not lose hope until the first day of orientation, but the closer it gets to classes starting, the less hope I have :(

On the bright side, I just got hired as a TX History teacher and middle school coach :)

What is everyone else planning on doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about TCOM? Whats happening or what they predict to happen? Theres only 2 weeks and waiting seems useless now.

Longhorn05 said:
Does anyone know anything about TCOM? Whats happening or what they predict to happen? Theres only 2 weeks and waiting seems useless now.

TCOM's orientation begins next week so chances of getting off the waitlist might be hard after that. Actually I think TCOM has seen a lot of waitlist movement; they recently updated the class list and there were LOTS of different names from before. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
tgerwuds said:
Okay, so here is the deal:

Baylor has yet to let anyone off of their acceptance list. They will, however, start letting people off (and accepting them) shortly as the medical school orientation occurs on 7/26.

In addition, it makes no difference where you got in prior. You are only off of the waitlist when you are off of the waitlist. Most of the people on the Baylor waitlist are in limbo between more than one medical school. Baylor wants the opportunity to be able to compete with other medical schools.

so what's the deal with this thing.
is baylor gonna take people from other school and then other school will take people from waitlist.

any news.
too bad they didn't interview me.

how's it going BLUE ORCHID.

I've all but given up on med school for this coming year since I have yet to hear from TCOM. The clinic I work at has two med students there doing a preceptorship, and both of them verified that there has been alot of waitlist movement. I'm not really sure how to take that, since I obviously wasn't very high up on said list.

However, I am very much looking forward to grad school, moving into my own apartment, and finding out what the next two years will hold. Then we'll see what happens and if I still want to be a doctor. I'm taking the MCAT again in four weeks - so at least I'll still have the option to apply! Think good thoughts for me. :)