Blah...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickybobby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Blah, Blah, Blah...

RB

Members don't see this ad.

Subject: Never Forget

Some things the US citizens should never forget:

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 7,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive today.

Members don't see this ad :)

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 7,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive today.

I thought the 9/11 fatalities were just under 3000. Am I missing something? Not that it matters, it still a huge number... just saying...

I thought the 9/11 fatalities were just under 3000. Am I missing something? Not that it matters, it still a huge number... just saying...

Hi,

My name is Bob Sjogren and I'd like to encourage you to fast for holiness in the life of George W. Bush while in the White House.

Let me give you some background.

I am your basic conservative Presbyterian. I came to know the Lord through Campus Crusade and have been in full time Christian work ever since, serving with Frontiers for 18 years and now on loan to ACMC (Advancing Churches In Missions Commitment.)

Last year, my wife and I (along with our four kids) went to West Africa to encourage missionaries. The trip took six weeks. Knowing we needed prayer coverage, we ended up getting at least one person to fast for every day we were over there.

While there, we hit what many would call some pretty scary times for our physical safety. Yet through it all, we had perfect peace. Why? Because we knew someone at that very moment was fasting.

Recently, our family watched as our nation chose a president. Now that George W. Bush is in, I can only hope and pray that the scandals that happened to President Clinton will not happen to him. George W. Bush is a believer and carries our Father's reputation in the actions he takes. (I can only wish we had been doing this for President Clinton.)

It is because our heavenly Father is jealous for his glory (Exodus 20:5) that I write to you.

Recently I have felt the Lord speak to me (remember, I'm a conservative Presbyterian, I rarely use those words) that our President needs someone fasting for his every day in the office for his holiness. This will not only cover him through our prayers and fasting, but also give him encouragement (and accountability) knowing that there is someone (and hopefully multitudes) fasting for him each day.

Being swamped with my own work, I thought, Great idea, who can handle this? I called a friend who put me in touch with the National Day of Prayer. They basically said, "Great idea, but were swamped." I then went to Crusade. Same response. I then went to the National Prayer Committee?

In this process I felt the Lord say, "Bob, I asked you to handle this." Since I feel totally swamped and since it is no where in my calling? I felt God saying, "That's what makes you perfectly qualified." (Figure that one out!) So this is not being sponsored by anyone. It will be a grass roots movement of believers who are passionate for God.

So, since I walk by faith and feel the Lord's calling me to this, here's my best guess at how to manage it.

If you are willing to fast one day a month primarily for George W. Bush's holiness (and other areas, such as bipartisan work among the Democrats and Republicans, Wisdom in his word, wisdom for his cabinet, healing for our nation, etc. but primarily holiness) then e-mail me at [email protected].

Tell me which day you want to fast on such as the 1st, 14th, you get the idea. (I thought about fasting one day a year, but then it is so easy to forget, so were going with monthly fasting.)

Your name will be put on a list for that day. Then a few days before that d ate comes up, you will be sent a reminder via e-mail to fast on that day. If for whatever reason you cannot make it, e-mail me and let me know. I will make sure someone is fasting that day.

Please excuse Christmas and Easter as days to fast on and don't choose your birth date.

If the President's office puts out prayer requests, we will forward those on to you.

Please take this seriously. This is a four-year commitment (and hopefully an 8 year commitment)., If you need or want to be permanently excused, simply e-mail me and let me know that as well.

I hope that President Bush will be able to hear, "There is one person fasting for you each day, then hear, there are 10 people fasting for you each day, then hear there are 1000 people fasting for you each day. You get the idea. That will greatly encourage him and keep him accountable when the Evil One seeks to sidetrack him from his commitment to the Lord.

I personally will be fasting on the 20th of each month, starting on Inauguration Day.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY AS YOU FEEL ARE JEALOUS FOR OUR FATHER'S GLORY AND FOR THIS NATION.

May God's name be lifted up during this Presidency and may there be thousands fasting daily.

Bob Sjogren
Privileged to be Married to Debby Walters Sjogren

Father of 4 Fantastic Wonderful Kids!

END CHAIN LETTER TEXT

If you tried to send a message of support to the e-mail address listed, you know that the initiative is real, but that Bob is no longer accepting e-mails. Instead, he is requesting that you visit his web site and sign up there:

"Hi! Thanks for responding and wanting to fast on behalf of our president and our nation!

"I've got good news and bad news!

"The good news is that thousands are signing up. The first 4,000 have been hand entered into our new web site which allows you to choose a day to fast.

"The bad news is that we have been so overwhelmed with the response, that we have not been able to enter in those over the 4,000 mark just due to sheer exhaustion! I am asking you to go to the web site and sign in yourself to keep us from going crazy with such great responses!

"The web site is www.heartlight.org/fast. Please click and go there.

"There you'll find how many have signed up totally and can choose what day you want to fast on based on your desire, or by looking and seeing which days are "low" and which days have lots!

"Once you've signed up, you'll be sent a reminder two days before the day you are suppose to fast.

"It is neat to see how God is using this. We have "staunch democrats" fasting, Libertarians, not to mention people from other nations as well as entire families fasting. Although not a presidential historian, I know of no other president who has had this kind of concentrated effort on their behalf.

"God wants to do something special!

"If you know of others that want to fast, please send them to the web site and NOT to the JUNO account as they will get this same response (sorry, but we're just swamped!)

"I have written the President telling him about our efforts. I also asked him to send personal prayer requests, but so far I have not gotten any response. In time, I do hope to hear from him and will send those on to you.

"Thanks again for joining something that GOD is doing on a grassroots level. May God's glory shine in our land!"

Bob Sjogren
www.heartlight.org/fast
Privileged to be married to Debby
Father of four fantastic kids!

Might has well up my post counts.

+pad+

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: What is your problem? Go post this on an appropriate site; preferably one for radical religous zealots.

Hi,

My name is Bob Sjogren and I'd like to encourage you to fast for holiness in the life of George W. Bush while in the White House.

I am your basic conservative Presbyterian. I came to know the Lord through Campus Crusade and have been in full time Christian work ever since, serving with Frontiers for 18 years and now on loan to ACMC (Advancing Churches In Missions Commitment.)

Last year, my wife and I (along with our four kids) went to West Africa to encourage missionaries. The trip took six weeks. Knowing we needed prayer coverage, we ended up getting at least one person to fast for every day we were over there.

While there, we hit what many would call some pretty scary times for our physical safety. Yet through it all, we had perfect peace. Why? Because we knew someone at that very moment was fasting.

Recently, our family watched as our nation chose a president. Now that George W. Bush is in, I can only hope and pray that the scandals that happened to President Clinton will not happen to him. George W. Bush is a believer and carries our Father's reputation in the actions he takes. (I can only wish we had been doing this for President Clinton.)

It is because our heavenly Father is jealous for his glory (Exodus 20:5) that I write to you.

Recently I have felt the Lord speak to me (remember, I'm a conservative Presbyterian, I rarely use those words) that our President needs someone fasting for his every day in the office for his holiness. This will not only cover him through our prayers and fasting, but also give him encouragement (and accountability) knowing that there is someone (and hopefully multitudes) fasting for him each day.

Being swamped with my own work, I thought, Great idea, who can handle this? I called a friend who put me in touch with the National Day of Prayer. They basically said, "Great idea, but were swamped." I then went to Crusade. Same response. I then went to the National Prayer Committee?

In this process I felt the Lord say, "Bob, I asked you to handle this." Since I feel totally swamped and since it is no where in my calling? I felt God saying, "That's what makes you perfectly qualified." (Figure that one out!) So this is not being sponsored by anyone. It will be a grass roots movement of believers who are passionate for God.

So, since I walk by faith and feel the Lord's calling me to this, here's my best guess at how to manage it.

If you are willing to fast one day a month primarily for George W. Bush's holiness (and other areas, such as bipartisan work among the Democrats and Republicans, Wisdom in his word, wisdom for his cabinet, healing for our nation, etc. but primarily holiness) then e-mail me at [email protected].

Tell me which day you want to fast on such as the 1st, 14th, you get the idea. (I thought about fasting one day a year, but then it is so easy to forget, so were going with monthly fasting.)

Your name will be put on a list for that day. Then a few days before that d ate comes up, you will be sent a reminder via e-mail to fast on that day. If for whatever reason you cannot make it, e-mail me and let me know. I will make sure someone is fasting that day.

Please excuse Christmas and Easter as days to fast on and don't choose your birth date.

If the President's office puts out prayer requests, we will forward those on to you.

Please take this seriously. This is a four-year commitment (and hopefully an 8 year commitment)., If you need or want to be permanently excused, simply e-mail me and let me know that as well.

I hope that President Bush will be able to hear, "There is one person fasting for you each day, then hear, there are 10 people fasting for you each day, then hear there are 1000 people fasting for you each day. You get the idea. That will greatly encourage him and keep him accountable when the Evil One seeks to sidetrack him from his commitment to the Lord.

I personally will be fasting on the 20th of each month, starting on Inauguration Day.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY AS YOU FEEL ARE JEALOUS FOR OUR FATHER'S GLORY AND FOR THIS NATION.

May God's name be lifted up during this Presidency and may there be thousands fasting daily.

Bob Sjogren

END CHAIN LETTER TEXT

If you tried to send a message of support to the e-mail address listed, you know that the initiative is real, but that Bob is no longer accepting e-mails. Instead, he is requesting that you visit his web site and sign up there:

"Hi! Thanks for responding and wanting to fast on behalf of our president and our nation!

"The good news is that thousands are signing up. The first 4,000 have been hand entered into our new web site which allows you to choose a day to fast.

"The bad news is that we have been so overwhelmed with the response, that we have not been able to enter in those over the 4,000 mark just due to sheer exhaustion! I am asking you to go to the web site and sign in yourself to keep us from going crazy with such great responses!

"There you'll find how many have signed up totally and can choose what day you want to fast on based on your desire, or by looking and seeing which days are "low" and which days have lots!

"Once you've signed up, you'll be sent a reminder two days before the day you are suppose to fast.

"It is neat to see how God is using this. We have "staunch democrats" fasting, Libertarians, not to mention people from other nations as well as entire families fasting. Although not a presidential historian, I know of no other president who has had this kind of concentrated effort on their behalf.

"If you know of others that want to fast, please send them to the web site and NOT to the JUNO account as they will get this same response (sorry, but we're just swamped!)

"I have written the President telling him about our efforts. I also asked him to send personal prayer requests, but so far I have not gotten any response. In time, I do hope to hear from him and will send those on to you.

"Thanks again for joining something that GOD is doing on a grassroots level. May God's glory shine in our land!"

Bob Sjogren
www.heartlight.org/fast

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: What is your problem? Go post this on an appropriate site; preferably one for radical religous zealots.

let's try to stay on topic, and only post statements appropriate for the subject of this thread. i find your comments to be too intelligible.

Haha, after 9/11, Bush invaded Iraq. Do I really need to explain why he is the worst president of our lifetime or are people finally realizing this??

How the heck did this get started on a thread titled blah?

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, finally understand what Doctor~Detroit's trying to do.

Haha, after 9/11, Bush invaded Iraq. Do I really need to explain why he is the worst president of our lifetime or are people finally realizing this??

Oh goodie, a blindly liberal democrat. I don't see enough of these in Berkeley - glad there are some around here to fill up my quota.

Hi,

Bob Sjogren

END CHAIN LETTER TEXT

Bob Sjogren
www.heartlight.org/fast

I hate you and you're an idiot

let's try to stay on topic, and only post statements appropriate for the subject of this thread. i find your comments to be too intelligible.

Hee. Although I still don't understand your motives...

I like Little Debbies Fudge Rounds. OMGZERS THEY ARE SOOOO GOOOD. Luckily I have a fast metabolism. I can eat a whole cake and the chubby kid eating it and not gain an ounce of fat. w0000.

I learned this when I became Buddhist. At first I thought that you had to be fat like they portrayed Buddha as, so I ate and ate. All I got was a tummy ache and 15 cavities. I now have no teeth on the left side of my head. I lost my lips in a freak vacuum cleaner accident. So there is nothing to keep my drool from leaking out. It just flies on out. I'm thinking of bottling it up and selling it on eBAY as holy hell fire water putter-outer. Or Alien Slime.

Sometimes I wish that we didn't have to eat. Because we have to eat, we have to poop. Pooping isn't as much fun as it used to be.

Oh goodie, a blindly liberal democrat. I don't see enough of these in Berkeley - glad there are some around here to fill up my quota.

Not blind...a little liberal...not really a democrat. Don't appreciate Bush so much

And you plan on going to GWU? I thought DC was democrat heavy. I think 90 or so percent voted democrat.

..Whoever was dishing Democrats, keep in mind of the current 30% approval ratings, and the midterm elections. I'm not dishing all Repuplicans, however, I believe the Nation as a whole, is tired of what many feel is a war that is...well not needed. I feel and many of my Democrat friends feel it should be focused, or more focused in Aphghanistan. (SP) It was already established that Irag was illegaly based in faulty data.
This past midterm elections showed us that many Middle Class, everyday Americans, can identify with the Democrats. The Democrats realize, that the Middle class, is the heart of this nation, and once they have their respect and attention anything is possible. The Bush administration lost that respect, and the Republicans paid the price.

..Whoever was dishing Democrats, keep in mind of the current 30% approval ratings, and the midterm elections. I'm not dishing all Repuplicans, however, I believe the Nation as a whole, is tired of what many feel is a war that is...well not needed. I feel and many of my Democrat friends feel it should be focused, or more focused in Aphghanistan. (SP) It was already established that Irag was illegaly based in faulty data.
This past midterm elections showed us that many Middle Class, everyday Americans, can identify with the Democrats. The Democrats realize, that the Middle class, is the heart of this nation, and once they have their respect and attention anything is possible. The Bush administration lost that respect, and the Republicans paid the price.

I have a question. Do you listen to Lou Dobbs? And what are your stance on illegal immigrant :laugh: ?

LOL :laugh: Of course I dont support Illegal Immigrants, but I sure as hell dont think a big wall is the answer to the problem!

In general I really can't stand statements like the middle class is the heart of America, or the midwest is the heart of America, or so and so is the heart of America. To project one group as the embodiment of America and everything American while marginalizing the rest of the country is nauseating and, in my opinion, runs contrary to everything the country does stand for. I agree with you that the current administration has committed this sin countless times making those in sync with their ideology or their base as the true patriots and others obstacles in the fight for freedom or someother senseless mindless rhetoric. Iif anything future Democrats, Republicans or whoever the hell else should be weary of this and be inclusive to unify the nation again instead of making out large segments of Americans out as anti American.

What I really, really don't understand is how I got into this discussion on a thread titled blah.

The largest economical group in the USA is the middle class. ( I believe that the middle class is $200,00 and below I'm not sure) This statement has nothing to do with who or what is in it. It's about who turned the midterm elections over to the Dems and -thats the middle class.

I think everyone completely missed the OP point of this thread.

Obviously it was to make us understand what means the most to us. Like jelly doughnuts or a crudely mixed screwdriver with orange juice made from tang. It's not about religion or politics. IT's about Blah.

Blah.

NExt time you goto bed, crying about the economic turmoil of our country, or the war, gangs getting out of control and taking over the swings and monkeybars at your brothers elementary school, just say Blah, and think of what REALLY, really is most important to you.

For me, it's my afrin. I love that stuff.

In general I really can't stand statements like the middle class is the heart of America, or the midwest is the heart of America, or so and so is the heart of America. To project one group as the embodiment of America and everything American while marginalizing the rest of the country is nauseating and, in my opinion, runs contrary to everything the country does stand for. I agree with you that the current administration has committed this sin countless times making those in sync with their ideology or their base as the true patriots and others obstacles in the fight for freedom or someother senseless mindless rhetoric. Iif anything future Democrats, Republicans or whoever the hell else should be weary of this and be inclusive to unify the nation again instead of making out large segments of Americans out as anti American.

What I really, really don't understand is how I got into this discussion on a thread titled blah.

Well the democrats' problem is due to their too wide spread "market appeal" of voters. Think about it. Moderates don't neccessarily want to vote for a candidate that is being supported by anti-abortionists, gays/lesbians, and aggressive liberals. There problem is a problem of presentation.

I am a democrat and I'm very liberal. One has to realize that this is a game. Elections are a game. Bush secured the uber-conservative vote and the wealth vote cuban vote etc etc. He won b/c he did tilt the unaffilated moderates to vote for him.

The key for the democrats to win is by the unaffiliated moderate vote. Lets see, how can they do that?

Oh great idea!!! appeal to the struggling middle-class!!! (genius, if you think about it)

ps- if you think about it, openly gay/lesbians, anti-abortionists, pro-life, uber-conservatives etc all hurt their respective voting blocs because they tend to dissuade the unaffilated moderate from voting for their respective candidates.

together?

cause my vote is for cereal with milk and coke, first thing in the morning. together. fizz-tastic!

Like milk and coke in the bowl with your cereal????

I've never tried that. I've stopped coming up with my own foods concoctions when I tried to use Crisco as a replacement for cheese on my crackers. I was 12. It was bad.

Like milk and coke in the bowl with your cereal????

I've never tried that. I've stopped coming up with my own foods concoctions when I tried to use Crisco as a replacement for cheese on my crackers. I was 12. It was bad.

no no no. eating cereal in milk, and then sipping coke, alternately. but both truly together might work, the same way a root bear float gives fizzy goodness.

no no no. eating cereal in milk, and then sipping coke, alternately. but both truly together might work, the same way a root bear float gives fizzy goodness.

Never thought of it like that. Could work. How 'bout you try it next morning and get back to us!?:laugh:

I tried it with water one time when I ran out of milk. It didn't quite have the same nutritional value. And the taste wasn't very good.

I've stop drinking cokes (in the south we call them all cokes, and that's how it should be. None of this Pop crap), so I've been having a hard time getting up in the morning. I can't drink coffee either. GUh nasty crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.