CCOM or DMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NickRiviera

MS-Never
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I would personally choose DMU. I am applying just like you and was accepted to DMU. Throughout the whole app. process I just have not been impressed with CCOM. Although, I noticed you were from Springfield so that is something to think about.

I'm not from IL or IA. Dr. Nick is though... :)

Anyone have any insight? Current students? Past students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, and to think I call myself a Simpson's fan......how did that not hit me.

That's a great choice to have.
Either one will be great, and it's unlikely that you'll regret your decision, whichever one you choose! :luck:

Oh...a poll, what a good idea. I'm a little new but I'll fix that next time. Thanks for the insight :)

In my unbiased opinion...
CCOM.

Just kidding. DMU ALL THE WAY BABY!!
Really though, I had a tough time choosing between the 2 and honestly don't think you can go wrong either way. Just know, you will be miserable the rest of your life if you choose CCOM. I kid people, I kid. :D

Good luck to you!

In my unbiased opinion...
CCOM.

Just kidding. DMU ALL THE WAY BABY!!
Really though, I had a tough time choosing between the 2 and honestly don't think you can go wrong either way. Just know, you will be miserable the rest of your life if you choose CCOM. I kid people, I kid. :D

Good luck to you!

Now see I always thought it was the other way around...You'll be miserable the rest of your life for choosong DMU..LOL!

My vote is for CCOM !!!!!

Marcia

Good stuff. But really, does anyone have an extensions to my +/- list? Also, which school might be a better spot for someone who wants to do IM then specialize from that? I have lots of personal +/-'s for each of these schools, but I'm wondering what you all think.

Good stuff. But really, does anyone have an extensions to my +/- list? Also, which school might be a better spot for someone who wants to do IM then specialize from that? I have lots of personal +/-'s for each of these schools, but I'm wondering what you all think.

I know a gastro doc that works with students from CCOM. He is great. I really don't know a lot about DMU, but I live in Chicago and will be going to CCOM in July. The rotations are really great at CCOM as you know. I believe OMM is pretty good at CCOM as well. Were you able to see the OMM lab? I liked it, it was nice and roomy, very comfortable.

Students at both schools seem very happy with the decision that they made, so I do not think you would go wrong wither way.

Marcia

I know a gastro doc that works with students from CCOM. He is great. I really don't know a lot about DMU, but I live in Chicago and will be going to CCOM in July. The rotations are really great at CCOM as you know. I believe OMM is pretty good at CCOM as well. Were you able to see the OMM lab? I liked it, it was nice and roomy, very comfortable.

Students at both schools seem very happy with the decision that they made, so I do not think you would go wrong wither way.

Marcia

I did see the OMM lab and it seemed a bit nicer than DMUs. They also had 7 (right?) OMM fellows where DMU had 3. CCOMs lab had TVs near every station but it sounded like DMU had lots of TAs so you almost always had a 3rd person at your table. I've also continually heard that DMU has a very strong OMM program.

Are you all makin' fun of my post??! Gee whiz, man... and I didn't even take sides!!

Seriously, I didn't get to interview at CCOM, so I can't compare it other than what I've heard, which I doubt would help much. I just loved DMU, as does just about everybody who interviews there, and there's no shortage of input from current students...ahem!

CCOM probably allows you to more easily stay in 1 place for four years if you so chose. It probably costs more, too. That's about it from me.

I did see the OMM lab and it seemed a bit nicer than DMUs. They also had 7 (right?) OMM fellows where DMU had 3. CCOMs lab had TVs near every station but it sounded like DMU had lots of TAs so you almost always had a 3rd person at your table. I've also continually heard that DMU has a very strong OMM program.

Actually there are quite a few fellows. Three classes worth with each class having about 5 fellows. They rotate in and out the class and out into the clinics. But yes, DMU has a really strong OMM program BUT they don't cram it down your throat. I don't think CCOM does either. They figure if you like it, you like it and if you don't, you don't. Like I said, CCOM was in my top 3 but just couldn't say no to DMU. Many here feel the same way. And the reason we like to talk about our school alot is because we really do love it here. I really don't know one person who doesn't enjoy being here. You add fantastic facilities, great faculty and almot 110 years of tradition and graduates, you get a pretty kick ace school. That is why we talk so much about it, we think it's a pretty sweet school. Funny I say this because we just got PWNED with a micro test on monday and a physiology test today and I've had about 45 min. of sleep in the last 24 hours and I still love it. Anyway, when I rest up, I'll answer any questions you have about DMU. :thumbup: