Another % of people accepted thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noshie

Don't judge!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember someone created a thread like this about a month ago but I was unable to find it. Anyways, I just called all of the med schools that have me on hold and got some good info. I thought I would share it with you.

KCUMB- 200 people have been accepted for the 250 spots available for next year. Sometime in March when the 200 people decide if they would like to accept or decline their acceptances they will re evaluate everyone on hold and do more interviews. They interview until May.

NYCOM- They told me giving up how many people have been accepted is against their policy. They interview until May.

PCOM and PCOM-GA- Did not know how many have been accepted thus far. Will be giving out interview invites through March for those on hold.

UMDNJ- Did not know how many have been accepted thus far. They interview until May.

VCOM- They have confirmed 91 spots and have 35 offers out for their incoming class. They have 160 total spots. They will interview through April and May for waitlist spots. They lady told me that being on the waitlist is good with them because a bunch of people get off every year.

WVSOM- Did not know how many have been accepted thus far. Will interview until May.

Ok guys, I would like to see some other schools % of people accepted, or if you can fill in my blanks that would be great. Also, I was trying to call PCSOM but no one picked up. I have been calling them like everyday for the last week and still nothing. So if anyone knows their info that would be wonderful.

Members don't see this ad.

Update:

DCOM- 100 filled out of 150 spots available. Interviews through April or May.

As of a week ago DMU was 75% full.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing about this chart though is that these are averages after the entire process is complete. I have no clue if acceptance percentages would be higher earlier in the process or later in the process. I could only guess. So, I'd think this is an OK guideline but don't trust that it applies at all points in the application process. I don't think there are any real stats for that and I'd think it would be too dynamic per school and per year to nail down anything.

That is an awesome chart, so that was from the 2006 cycle?

Update about VCOM:

100 seats filled, 30 outstanding offers. Megan said they would definitely be interviewing in March, and maybe in April, until they have a full class and waitlist.

Here's what I was told by a good source at PCOM:

70-75% full after their last adcom meeting. They interview through the last week of march.

so ~260 * 0.75 = 195

About 60 seats remaining...

Anybody have an idea about LECOM-Erie?