U of Arizona CoP reasons for not admitting people.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sle3pyguii

Arizona's pre-pharmacy adviser sent us all this. Just for anyone who's interested in U of A's CoP. It's also on their Pharmacy website.

Reasons Why A Candidate Is Not Admitted

A candidate did not have a complete application if they:

* failed to take the PCAT by the end of 2006.
* failed to submit their application on time.
* failed to pay application fee on time.
* were missing letters of recommendation.
* failed to take correct required courses.
* had missing or incomplete information in their application.

The Admissions Committee (AC) strictly enforces the deadlines. No exceptions are made.

A candidate must have had the following to receive an interview invitation:

1. Science GPA ≥ 3.15
2. PCAT chemistry subscore ≥ 50 %
3. Experience in a pharmacy setting. While research is a unique/valuable experience, it is not acceptable as the only type of pharmacy experience. The AC expects to see at least 4-6 months of work or volunteer experience in a pharmacy setting at the time the application is submitted. This assures the committee that the student has an understanding of the profession. (Please email <[email protected]> if you have any questions or concerns about your particular experience.)
4. A “B” or higher in Organic Chemistry lecture
5. Strong letters of recommendations

Please note: A candidate may have been deficient in more than one criterion listed above and not invited to interview.

If a candidate received an invitation (and attended) the interview but was not accepted:

* The Admissions Committee evaluates a candidate’s application holistically. For some candidates there may be one particular area that must be corrected to be competitive (i.e. unacceptable on-site essay score). For others, it is not one area, but a culmination of small details. Therefore, we recommend that every applicant do the following to increase their competitiveness: practice interview skills, gain quality pharmacy experience, involve yourself in organizations and community service, and be active in Prepharmacy Club (if there is one at your college or university).

Members don't see this ad.

Someone on SDN got an interview with a PCAT less than 50%.

Members don't see this ad :)
It says on that list pcat chemistry score, not composite score...

ohh...thanks!! I did not see that. I wonder why they only pick Chemistry. Interesting. This school seems to be very specific in what they want.

That is very true because I got a 99% on my chemistry but it was on the January PCAT exam. I got interviewed but not accepted with a 3.8 Gpa. So I'm just going to review my application again,apply for next year and to a lot of schools too.

I was actually accepted this year to UofA and I had no experience in a pharmacy setting. All my experience was in undergrad research and a 10 week internship at a pharmaceutical company, so I think it depends....

That is very true because I got a 99% on my chemistry but it was on the January PCAT exam. I got interviewed but not accepted with a 3.8 Gpa. So I'm just going to review my application again,apply for next year and to a lot of schools too.
I'm confused. Doesn't that disprove that they care that much about chemistry? Or do you mean the score they already had was much lower?

I'm confused. Doesn't that disprove that they care that much about chemistry? Or do you mean the score they already had was much lower?

I wouldn't know, I think my previous score of 67 Chem was not good enough or because of the fact that the new scores was not taken into consideration. Really I don't know.At this point, I don't know why but I will for sure find out before the next admission cycle.

I think what they did was that they took the average statistics from the interviewed/accepted students and just made it a type of benchmark.