Post your best OMM treatment anecdotes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Red Beard

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have you had any first hand experiences with OMM, either as an operator or as a patient, that you thought were outstanding? Post up!

NO ARGUING ABOUT DO vs MD or anything else in this thread--stories only!

I'll start with two:

My fiancé has been dealing with a chronic pain in her left hip that gets worse with walking for a couple of years now. She's been to several doctors and a physical therapist who've all sort of scratched their heads and thrown ibuprofen at it. When I went home for Christmas this year I was really excited to take a look at it, having some new skills with pelvic diagnosis. She had a very significant positive standing flexion test on the left, and it turned out to be a posteriorly rotated innominate. It was really obvious, the left ASIS was more than 1cm superior to the right...never saw anything like that on my relatively healthy classmates! After some counterstrain and muscle energy, the left and right innominate were more symmetric and she said the pain had diminished. Over the next week I continued to do muscle energy on it. We went for walks and she said it was bothering her a lot less than before. Pretty cool to finally do something useful for somebody for once.

My second story is from a few days ago. I went to a small extra-curricular practice session with one of our OMM faculty just to see what would happen. He ended up teaching us some variations to some HVLA techniques we've learned as well as some 'fine tuning.' My neck has been really messed up for months now, to the point where I could only rotate to the left about 70 degrees. My classmates have looked at it and tried helping me out, but no dice. Since it was only a few of us, I asked the Prof if he'd take a look. He quickly palpated and motion tested my neck, set me up, HVLA'd my upper cervicals, and immediately my range of motion in left rotation was improved. Its been about 4 days now and I can now rotate a full 90 degrees to both sides and it feels a lot more free. I am sure studying for finals will screw it up again though.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Have you had any first hand experiences with OMM, either as an operator or as a patient, that you thought were outstanding? Post up!

NO ARGUING ABOUT DO vs MD or anything else in this thread--stories only!

I'll start with two:

My fiancé has been dealing with a chronic pain in her left hip that gets worse with walking for a couple of years now. She's been to several doctors and a physical therapist who've all sort of scratched their heads and thrown ibuprofen at it. When I went home for Christmas this year I was really excited to take a look at it, having some new skills with pelvic diagnosis. She had a very significant positive standing flexion test on the left, and it turned out to be a posteriorly rotated innominate. It was really obvious, the left ASIS was more than 1cm superior to the right...never saw anything like that on my relatively healthy classmates! After some counterstrain and muscle energy, the left and right innominate were more symmetric and she said the pain had diminished. Over the next week I continued to do muscle energy on it. We went for walks and she said it was bothering her a lot less than before. Pretty cool to finally do something useful for somebody for once.

My second story is from a few days ago. I went to a small extra-curricular practice session with one of our OMM faculty just to see what would happen. He ended up teaching us some variations to some HVLA techniques we've learned as well as some 'fine tuning.' My neck has been really messed up for months now, to the point where I could only rotate to the left about 70 degrees. My classmates have looked at it and tried helping me out, but no dice. Since it was only a few of us, I asked the Prof if he'd take a look. He quickly palpated and motion tested my neck, set me up, HVLA'd my upper cervicals, and immediately my range of motion in left rotation was improved. Its been about 4 days now and I can now rotate a full 90 degrees to both sides and it feels a lot more free. I am sure studying for finals will screw it up again though.:rolleyes:
Cool:thumbup: Good idea for a thread.

I estimate I have treated around 1,000 patients with OMT as a medical student.

I dont have time to type out stories, but needless to say I am beyond "convinced" that OMT works. I know it, my patients know it and my patients families know it.

I could probably give you a story for every body part & treatment style there is. Athletes to elderly, pediatrics to post-op.

Members don't see this ad :)

I dont have time to type out stories, but needless to say I am beyond "convinced" that OMT works. I know it, my patients know it and my patients families know it.

I could probably give you a story for every body part & treatment style there is. Athletes to elderly, pediatrics to post-op.

You just graduated. Shouldn't you be in the Bahamas right now. Personally, I am going to Alaska and Canadian Yukon for 2 or 3 weeks when I graduate.

BTW, Congrats.

Well, how about an outlier, a case that stood out?

You just graduated. Shouldn't you be in the Bahamas right now. Personally, I am going to Alaska and Canadian Yukon for 2 or 3 weeks when I graduate.

BTW, Congrats.

Leaving Wednesday morning for vaca. :D

Well, how about an outlier, a case that stood out?

I have treated several patient with piriformis syndrome who were told that the only option left was surgical resection of the piriformis muscle. Many of these patients have had injections, steroids, narcotics and physical therapy without resolution.

One particular patient comes to mind...although she wasnt an official patient. I was visiting some family when the topic of "let me ask you something, youre going to be a doctor" came up (something that you will be dealing with for the rest of your life). Anyway, I was asked about the recovery time from a piriformis resection...or as the elderly woman said "after they cut my butt muscle off, how long until I can play golf again." 2 minutes of OMT later and she was crying and thanking me. I cant say for sure, but in speaking with her granddaughter I am told the woman called up the surgeon, called him a quack and said she was telling everyone she knew that he didnt know his ______ from his _______.

Someone in my family had chronic migraines for years - to the tune
of about 3 to 4/month. MRI's came back negative, no other known/
suspected pathologies. Given pharmacological agents to deal with
the pain but 'we really don't know what to do'....

I was practicing some OMM for OA/AA and upper cervicals for an
upcoming practical. I did a ROM check while getting ready for a setup
and noticed an extreme restriction to one side. Took a chance on
OMM and treated it. The migraine headaches have decreased in
frequency and 'pain level' to about 1/month treatable with ibuprofen.

Had a case of suspected adhesive capsulitis in another family member.
Worked the 7 stages of spencer and floated the joint -- no pain and
restoration of complete ROM.....

It does work. The way it's taught is a different story.....

How about some cranial stories!:thumbup:

I dont use cranial.

After several cranial courses and 3 years of experimentation, observation and reading I dont believe it to be a useful treatment modality.

I dont use cranial.

After several cranial courses and 3 years of experimentation, observation and reading I dont believe it to be a useful treatment modality.

wow, someone who rejected cranial after trying it and not nashing it to begin with. thats a rarity around here.

wow, someone who rejected cranial after trying it and not nashing it to begin with. thats a rarity around here.

I dont base my opinions solely on something I heard somewhere. I am at least open minded and brave enough to base my theories on my own experiences.

Most of the opinions surrounding cranial are based on what people read on SDN. Someone will likely take my statement above and use that as their basis.

"Well JP was an OMM Fellow and even he doesnt believe in cranial."

Flawed.

Develop your own opinion about things. Use the research, reading and clinical experience you have to build your knowledge base.

True story. My wife fell asleep on the couch with her neck in an ackward position. She woke up with a stiff neck. I checked ranged off motion. Wasn't too restricted in any direction so I palpated for tenderness. Found a tenderpoint. Did the fold and hold method of counterstrain. Within seconds I felt the muscle twitch under my fingertips and soften like buttter. Held it for another minute. Neck pain gone. Active ROM restored. I was in awe.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont use cranial.

Wow! i would have thought that a school like PCOM would have gotten you well trained in cranial. :confused:

Wow! i would have thought that a school like PCOM would have gotten you well trained in cranial. :confused:

one lab period in two years......................................cranial has a high focus at pcom. Its your choice to pursue cranial at PCOM. they give a good amount of the theory and facts related to cranial. We then get a brief intro in lab. It is up to you to decide to pursue training in the field with several non credit courses and work shops.

PCOM does a good job at teaching the skills needed to perform omm, but leaves it up to the individual to work on their own to obtain mastery of the skills through repitition. Compared to other schools we are omm-lite.

Are you dense or just unable to read?

i once looked a girl and thought about manipulating her and giving her some muscle energy. she got a weird sense in her body and thus, turned around to see where this sensation originated from. i then proceeded to look away but was still caught looking.

it works.

Chill out Sutherland!:laugh:

Well, wise up.

I mentioned above that I took several courses and had enough training in cranial to form my own opinion.

Then you open your mouth and say something stupid like "gee, I though PCOM would have taugh you better."

And finally, when I call you out on the fact that you have a hard time comprehending what I said, you come back with an off-base remark that was supposed to be some joke at my expense.

You have proved twice in the same thread that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I really like reading about actual uses of omm from you guys(and gals) versus just hearing about this mysterious thing DOs learn in med school. Keep 'em coming!

So about two weeks ago I had a fever, really bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. The fever lasted 3 days but the cramps and the diarrhea lasted two weeks. I went to my MD, he couldn't see me so I saw the nurse practitioner. She told me it was a virus and it would go away on its on. Yesterday morning (about a week after seeing the nurse practitioner), I went to go see one of my professors (also an MD but he practices OMM and teaches in our OMM department). He put his hands on my stomach and felt around. He then said that I have a piece of fascia going from my stomach to my distal jejenum that was caught on my left kidney causing tension on my transverse colon (don't ask me how that one happened or how he could feel that!). He then put my legs up in the air, dug his hand into my stomach and squeezed my shoulder. Then, he took his hand off of my shoulder and put it under me (near my left kidney) and began to pull and he held this for about 30 seconds. All of a sudden, I began feeling my insides move around and then instantly my cramping went away! I've felt perfectly normal since and have not had any more diarrhea!!

During our first year we are able to travel to different sites to apply what we've been learning in class; H&P's, Lung & heart sounds...etc. On a trip to a rehab center we met this patient with Parkinson's. His tremors had become so bad that he is now restricted to a wheelchair. However, our physician, an MD who practices OMM, tells us that the Pedal Pump really helps this guy...what? Pedal pump to help with Parkinson's...well, we figure we'll try it out. We help the patient up onto the table; he's very unstable, and can't do much on his own. After 15 min, 5 students and a brow of sweat, a vigorous pedal pump is performed. When we're finished the patients sits up on his own, grabs a walker and starts to walk across the room. Then proceeds out the door, to mosey on down the hallway, with a person behind him in case he loses balance. Our physician said he'll be able to walk like that for up to 6 hours, but has no idea why that works. The best part was how the patient would tell a student whether or not he was performing the treatment right :D.

During our first year we are able to travel to different sites to apply what we've been learning in class; H&P's, Lung & heart sounds...etc. On a trip to a rehab center we met this patient with Parkinson's. His tremors had become so bad that he is now restricted to a wheelchair. However, our physician, an MD who practices OMM, tells us that the Pedal Pump really helps this guy...what? Pedal pump to help with Parkinson's...well, we figure we'll try it out. We help the patient up onto the table; he's very unstable, and can't do much on his own. After 15 min, 5 students and a brow of sweat, a vigorous pedal pump is performed. When we're finished the patients sits up on his own, grabs a walker and starts to walk across the room. Then proceeds out the door, to mosey on down the hallway, with a person behind him in case he loses balance. Our physician said he'll be able to walk like that for up to 6 hours, but has no idea why that works. The best part was how the patient would tell a student whether or not he was performing the treatment right :D.

We just had a musculoskeletal system lecture in which one of the papers presented talked about this. The caveat was that the improved gait was a temporary effect...but if you could teach family members to do the techniques at home every day it could be very helpful.

J Am Osteopath Assoc. 1999 Feb;99(2):92-8.

Standard osteopathic manipulative treatment acutely improves gait performance in patients with Parkinson's disease.
Wells MR, Giantinoto S, D'Agate D, Areman RD, Fazzini EA, Dowling D, Bosak A.

Department of Biomechanics and Bioengineering, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury 11568-8000, USA.

Patients with Parkinson's disease exhibit a variety of motor deficits which can ultimately result in complete disability. The primary objective of this study was to quantitatively evaluate the effect of osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) on the gait of patients with Parkinson's disease. Ten patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and a group of eight age-matched normal control subjects were subjected to an analysis of gait before and after a single session of an OMT protocol. A separate group of 10 patients with Parkinson's disease was given a sham-control procedure and tested in the same manner. In the treated group of patients with Parkinson's disease, statistically significant increases were observed in stride length, cadence, and the maximum velocities of upper and lower extremities after treatment. There were no significant differences observed in the control groups. The data demonstrate that a single session of an OMT protocol has an immediate impact on Parkinsonian gait. Osteopathic manipulation may be an effective physical treatment method in the management of movement deficits in patients with Parkinson's disease.

We just had a musculoskeletal system lecture in which one of the papers presented talked about this. The caveat was that the improved gait was a temporary effect...but if you could teach family members to do the techniques at home every day it could be very helpful.

J Am Osteopath Assoc. 1999 Feb;99(2):92-8.

Thanks for the article. The patients wife was there to learn how to perform the treatment; I dont' know about the rest of you, but have you ever tried to perform the pedal pump for more than a few minutes :eek:, i was exhausted, and I'm in decent shape.
From witnessing it, I'd venture to say that the psychological benefits outweighed the physical. You could see how excited the patient was to be walking again. Depression is already an issue with the elderly, especially ones that are incapable; restoring a simple freedom such as walking could drastically improve their quality of life, even if only for a few hours.

Well, wise up.

I mentioned above that I took several courses and had enough training in cranial to form my own opinion.

Then you open your mouth and say something stupid like "gee, I though PCOM would have taugh you better."

And finally, when I call you out on the fact that you have a hard time comprehending what I said, you come back with an off-base remark that was supposed to be some joke at my expense.

You have proved twice in the same thread that you have no idea what you are talking about.
I was talking about cranial..........and after three years of trial it sounds like your the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I was talking about cranial..........and after three years of trial it sounds like your the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

As an OMM Fellow with several cranial courses on my CV as well as being a table-trainer for one cranial course (not to mention having more than 1,000 hours treating patients in an OMM-only practice)...and you say Im the one who doesnt know what Im talking about. :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone else will agree with you on that one.

As an OMM Fellow with several cranial courses on my CV as well as being a table-trainer for one cranial course (not to mention having more than 1,000 hours treating patients in an OMM-only practice)...and you say Im the one who doesnt know what Im talking about. :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone else will agree with you on that one.

First of all, why/how would you table train for a modality that you can't perform? I am no cranial expert, but i can tell you that you're suffering from a severe cranial-rectal inversion.

Would you two be willing to take your pissing match elsewhere?

I think one of my best "fixes" was a friend of mine who had never heard of DO's was mountain biking and flipped off and landed in some way as to force his clavical into his first rib and rotate his T-1 so bad that it put his whole right side paraspinal, and cervical muscles into what felt like and can almost describe as a tetanic event. he went to his MD and they xray'd it, MRI'd it, and all he said was well its soft tissue injury, take some Cyclobenzaprine, and that was it. He couldn't rotate his neck to the left past a 1/4 midline, couldn't sit up straight with out excruciating neck and shoulder pain. well he came to my house while on christmas break, telling me that is had been 2 weeks with no improvement and now he was getting weakness in his R arm.
So I layd him down, and his R scalene (M and Post) were as tight as could be, I stretched those out and began some soft tissue on his neck, and then I did some FPR with marginal improvement, but he kept saying, feels like something is stuck, so I focused more on the T-1 and sure as heck it was SlRr BIG time, so I got right on that sucker, and HVLA'd that thing and BLAMO, it was the loudest crack I have ever heard, but instantly he had NO pain, and within 2-3 days he was off the relaxant and had Full ROM!! AWESOME! thats my story...

First of all, why/how would you table train for a modality that you can't perform?

Table training requires completion of 2 basic cranial courses. I have done 3.

I never said I couldnt perform cranial. I said I didnt think it was a useful modality.

I can insert acupuncture needles to, but that doesnt mean I think it works.

I am no cranial expert, but i can tell you that you're suffering from a severe cranial-rectal inversion.

I dont think youre an expert in anything. Afterall, youre a 3rd year @ Pikeville right? And youre arguing OMM with a former OMM Fellow. Smart. :thumbup:

Im not going to continue this nonsense per the request of the OP, so I will summarize my point.

After multiple cranial courses, trials of cranial treatments on patients and 3 years of observation with cranial in both clinical use and research studies...and I will say that I feel its useless. If you want to argue my credentials or experience with cranial, feel free to send me a PM. But I think I am in better position than anyone else on SDN to give an accurate opinion on this. Keep palpating the flexion and extension. The rest of us will treat true somatic dysfunction.

Thats all.

Well, I felt like I should jump in this one. Um, starting in my early teens (around 14-15ish as early as I can remember), I started getting attacks of dizziness out of the blue which would leave me drowsy for days. Anyways, after a few years of it, I decided to finally see some doctors. I saw several FP and several ENT's over a span of nearly 5yrs. They did a whole slue of tests and came back with diagnosises such as stress, Meniere's, and BPPV. Well, none of the treatments worked....so I just thought that I was destined to live with these attacks of dizziness.

To make a long story short, my second month of medical school brought on an attack. So I went to the OMM clinic and they started treating me with cranial techniques. Since September of 06, I've been attack free which has got to be the longest time period I've went since I can remember. Needless to say, I believe cranial works!

Well, I felt like I should jump in this one. Um, starting in my early teens (around 14-15ish as early as I can remember), I started getting attacks of dizziness out of the blue which would leave me drowsy for days. Anyways, after a few years of it, I decided to finally see some doctors. I saw several FP and several ENT's over a span of nearly 5yrs. They did a whole slue of tests and came back with diagnosises such as stress, Meniere's, and BPPV. Well, none of the treatments worked....so I just thought that I was destined to live with these attacks of dizziness.

To make a long story short, my second month of medical school brought on an attack. So I went to the OMM clinic and they started treating me with cranial techniques. Since September of 06, I've been attack free which has got to be the longest time period I've went since I can remember. Needless to say, I believe cranial works!
Awesome:thumbup:

Table training requires completion of 2 basic cranial courses. I have done 3.

I never said I couldnt perform cranial. I said I didnt think it was a useful modality.

I can insert acupuncture needles to, but that doesnt mean I think it works.

I dont think youre an expert in anything. Afterall, youre a 3rd year @ Pikeville right? And youre arguing OMM with a former OMM Fellow. Smart. :thumbup:

Im not going to continue this nonsense per the request of the OP, so I will summarize my point.

After multiple cranial courses, trials of cranial treatments on patients and 3 years of observation with cranial in both clinical use and research studies...and I will say that I feel its useless. If you want to argue my credentials or experience with cranial, feel free to send me a PM. But I think I am in better position than anyone else on SDN to give an accurate opinion on this. Keep palpating the flexion and extension. The rest of us will treat true somatic dysfunction.

Thats all.
The fact that you would say that your in a better position than anyone else on SDN to give an accurate opinion about OMT is laughable at best.:laugh:
Your ego and ignorance know no bounds. What's most entertaining is how you deduce that because you can't get results with cranial it must be an invalid technique. :confused: I have been lucky enough to have had some excellent instructors and experiences but unlike yourself, i don't care to go on and on throwing my qualifications in everyone's face. Let's just say your not the only one on here that has some OMT experience. So don't be surprised if you get called out on some of your bull.

The fact that you would say that your in a better position than anyone else on SDN to give an accurate opinion about OMT is laughable at best.:laugh:
Your ego and ignorance know no bounds. What's most entertaining is how you deduce that because you can't get results with cranial it must be an invalid technique. :confused: I have been lucky enough to have had some excellent instructors and experiences but unlike yourself, i don't care to go on and on throwing my qualifications in everyone's face. Let's just say your not the only one on here that has some OMT experience. So don't be surprised if you get called out on some of your bull.

So call me out on it. I can back up everything I say.

Where did I say that lack of results was my reason for not believing cranial to be a valid treatment modality? In fact, I think I have said everything except that. Now youre putting words in my mouth.

Show me one study that examines the patency of cranial sutures.
Show me one study that examines the efficacy of cranial treatments.
Show me one study that examines the inter-examiner reliability of palpating cranial.

I have been involved with cranial research studies since my 3rd year of medical school. I took my first cranial course 5 years ago. I spent 3 years in an OMM office where dozens of cranial patients sought treatment. I have worked with arguably the best people in the cranial field today (with purposeful avoidance of Fryman).

Show me someone around here who has more OMT experience. You...a 4th year at Pikeville?

I know a few more OMM Fellows who are on SDN and I would say that my training and my experience easily rivals theirs.

You need to do more than attend weekend courses on LAS and BLT to have true insight into OMT.

How many OMT research projects have you been a part of? How many have been published or are in the process of being published? How many OMM labs have you taught? How many presentations have you given at national conferences? How many patients have you treated?

Please. Dont try to tell me that I lack the experience and expertise to make the statements I have made. I spent the last 3 out of 5 years of medical school with OMM as my main focus...academically, clinically and in the research office. I know the difference between a valuable treatment modality and quackery with a cult following.

I will be waiting for answers on my above questions.

Hey Coop! Hope you have been doing well.

dcratamt is very good at OMT. He understands the tensegrity and mechanics of the body quite well. I know that he helped me out with my technique several times when I had difficulty understanding it. dcratamt would hold sessions before each of our block exams to help others in the class be better prepared for our lecture and practical exams. He also was a physical therapist for several years prior to going to medical school.

As far as cranial goes, I felt that we had a good cranial course at PCSOM. I have to admit that I am not the greatest at cranial as a modality. I can usually Dx the dysfunction, but have a much more difficult time treating it. I believe that cranial has its place in Osteopathy and would be interested in seeing more research in this modality. I have had some great success in treating sinuses and some tricky cervical dysfunctions with cranial.

JPHazelton,

I have a question for you if you dont mind answering. If I am not mistaken, you are doing a surgery residency correct? Does the hospital at which you are doing your residency use OMT prior to and post operations? I was just curious. I want to go into surgery and would like to go somewhere that doesnt mind me using OMT modalities.

Thanks!

Aaron,
Glad to hear your doing well and glad to hear your still using some OMT. Thanks for the kind words. Later.

JPHazelton,

I have a question for you if you dont mind answering. If I am not mistaken, you are doing a surgery residency correct? Does the hospital at which you are doing your residency use OMT prior to and post operations? I was just curious. I want to go into surgery and would like to go somewhere that doesnt mind me using OMT modalities.

Thanks!

I recall JPH posting about pre and post surgical OMT, including some links to studies about it. You might search his post history for them.

JPHazelton,

Thanks!

Umm if your the surgeon and want to do OMT who is going to stop you. It doesn't matter what hospital you are at, your patient, your treatment plan. As a student, you may have to convince your attending that omm would be beneficial, but that is the case with any treatment modality

Umm if your the surgeon and want to do OMT who is going to stop you. It doesn't matter what hospital you are at, your patient, your treatment plan. As a student, you may have to convince your attending that omm would be beneficial, but that is the case with any treatment modality

Hey JonnyG,

Your statement is very true. Some of the docs at my current rotation site dont really buy OMT as a treatment, so I am restricted in what I can and can't do. At this point, I plan on applying to AOA and ACGME residencies, but I doubt that many of the allopathic residencies would be willing to let a resident try OMT without some sort of research to back it's efficacy. I know that there is some research already out there, but most docs want publications like NEJM or JAMA.

Hey JonnyG,

Your statement is very true. Some of the docs at my current rotation site dont really buy OMT as a treatment, so I am restricted in what I can and can't do. At this point, I plan on applying to AOA and ACGME residencies, but I doubt that many of the allopathic residencies would be willing to let a resident try OMT without some sort of research to back it's efficacy. I know that there is some research already out there, but most docs want publications like NEJM or JAMA.

Probably more than lack of studies, the issue would be lack of adequate supervision. In residency, especially, all treatments/procedures that a resident performs has to be supervised by an attending or a provider who has hospital privileges to perform that treatment/procedure. If you are at an ACGME facility, there is a high likelihood that none of your supervisors would be trained in OMT, so you could not be "adequately supervised."

just my 0.0000002 cents. :)

jd

JPHazelton,

Thanks!

Your ability to use OMT is based on the attending, not the institution.

Most of the attendings who want me to do OMT encourage it in the outpatient setting (post op visits).

Also, inpatient OMT can be billed for by the hospital.

Patients leave the hospital quicker, have fewer post op complications and the hospital makes more money. I havent found a hospital that has discouraged OMT. :thumbup:

Your ability to use OMT is based on the attending, not the institution.

Most of the attendings who want me to do OMT encourage it in the outpatient setting (post op visits).

Also, inpatient OMT can be billed for by the hospital.

Patients leave the hospital quicker, have fewer post op complications and the hospital makes more money. I havent found a hospital that has discouraged OMT. :thumbup:

Thanks for you input JP. Where are you doing your residency, if you dont mind me asking?

Absolutely. Just when I was about through with SDN due to the boringness I come across this thread. I'm reminded of why DO is my unequivocal first choice path to physician-dom.

Keep on truckin'

crumb_mr_natural_3.jpg

I've got a great story. We were doing posterior pelvic tenderpoints. My lab partner checked my HIFO a little to aggresively, causing me to jump off the table. At least I got a prostate exam out of the deal...