Suggested neuro reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lumbering

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MSIII, and I would like to do some reading on clinical neurology in my spare time. What would you recommend?

I'm looking for something that is fairly practical...something that will prepare me for a neuro rotation...and also something that is fun to read. I'm not entirely opposed to using a review book.

My Neurology program director recommended Schwartzman's exam book and merritt's neurology, but The reviews on Amazon seem to favor Neurology and Neurosurgery Illustrated. Opinions?

Holy crap. I'm experiencing marked vertigo as I type this. What the hell is going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Neurology and Neurosurgery Illus is anemic on its own. It's like a set of flashcards. Merritts may be a little too much for side reading...it's what I usually use when writing up patient reports. I used Neurology Secrets during clerkship and loved it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Neurology and Neurosurgery Illus is anemic on its own. It's like a set of flashcards. Merritts may be a little too much for side reading...it's what I usually use when writing up patient reports. I used Neurology Secrets during clerkship and loved it.

I bought Merritt's largely based on this comment. I'll just read it gradually...hopefully I can get through a decent chunk before my neurology clerkship (probably in january/febuary or so). Thanks for the advice; hell, I don't want to read something that's "anemic."

don't blame me if you don't like it now...:oops:
remember, i said it was not meant for side reading--i don't think you'll finish it by clerkship...but then again, you could be a super duper reader...good luck...i hope you enjoy your clerkship!

Lange Clinical Neurology is written in an simple, understandable fashion. Good for clerkship reading.