Undergrad: going to a buch of different schools look bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GallopRealyFast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, So I did a community college which I loved for two years and had to transfer to a 4-year school (to get a bacc) and I totally hate it there, I have not had one sane professor there, and the office people are so nasty and rude, and unorganized may I add (losing my papers) I want to get out.

Has anybody had any experience with this? Is it going to look bad or like I am unstable going to 3 different undergrad schools (possibly 4 to take online animal nutrition classes) when applying?
 
I don't think so. A lot of us have had to go to > 1 school for various reasons - moving for work, school #1 doesn't offer a certain prereq but school #2 does, etc. I submitted 4 transcripts with my application and know there are people out there with more than that!
 
It certainly didn't hurt me! (I got into 3 schools last year.) I received my undergraduate degree in political science from one institution, did most of my pre-reqs at another, and took two pre-reqs at yet a third. I think schools are understanding that everyone has a different path to get there. The only way it will hurt is is all those darn transcript fees!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All I have to say on this topic is that I was admitted to 4 and I had 7 different transcripts.

If it's not right, fix it.
 
i had several schools:

1. community college for my AA
2. transferred to 4-yr to get BS
3. got MS at another school
4. took 1 class at local 4-yr for my education certification
5. took independent study for animal nutrition course
 
5 undergrad transcripts for me. I was a little nervous that it would look bad too. The director of admissions at Cornell told me that that's actually typical for non-traditional applicants and that's it's not an issue.

Good luck.