Pharmacy Interview Essay prepration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD 2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea of how to prepare for the essay part of the interviw? Any good books to read?

Members don't see this ad.

i had my interview on feb. 9 and i think the prompt for the essay question is....

what concern you most in today's world? (i think it's something like that, but don't really remember)

i had my interview on feb. 9 and i think the prompt for the essay question is....

what concern you most in today's world? (i think it's something like that, but don't really remember)

Thank you so much for your help:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
They are ridiculously non pharmacy, and non political based topics. They are topics that you really should be able to write on given the alotted time. I did an essay at a school recently and the question believe me was very very simple. Do not stress the essay, but worry about the interview preperation. It seems like so many people I talked to were so worried about the essay that they were not able to prepare for the interview.

Each school presents something different. So the best advice i can give is that ask as many questions as you can about the essay from the interview coordinator or faculty present before taking the essay.

Ask them any and everything you can possibly think of. It will help. There is no one book that can prepare you for the school's interview essay. It is rather an accrued knowledge that comes to your aid. So extract what you need from those who administer the essay. It will do you a lot of good.

If no one says anything about the essay, during the orientation, present a question like: "So can you tell us anything about the essay we will be facing?"

And follow up questions based on what they say.

Good Luck

If you can write a simple expository essay, you should be fine. The topics I have seen tend to be introspection or current events (the kind that most people have heard plenty about) type questions.

Improving you vocabulary, spelling and reviewing the basics of essay structure and punctuation (think compound sentences and such) are the best things you can do.
P-)

They are ridiculously non pharmacy, and non political based topics. They are topics that you really should be able to write on given the alotted time. I did an essay at a school recently and the question believe me was very very simple. Do not stress the essay, but worry about the interview preperation. It seems like so many people I talked to were so worried about the essay that they were not able to prepare for the interview.

Thank you for your help.:)