USC acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afarmahi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all
Has any one who had an interview at USC in Feb got the acceptance/rejection letter yet?
Do you know when they send them?

Members don't see this ad.

i project it will be this Friday but I haven't spoken to them so I don't know. it's about time.

Hi, all
Has any one who had an interview at USC in Feb got the acceptance/rejection letter yet?
Do you know when they send them?
I tend to think that the admissions committee met last week even though they had a group in on Friday. My bet is we COULD start hearing as soon as today, but I wouldn't plan on it until tomorrow or Thursday. Keep in mind the possibility that the committee might have had a delayed meeting since they did have a group Friday so.... basically I don't know, but would guess it'd be this week some time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their admissions director is out of town till tomorrow so they will probably be meeting either tomorrow or Thursday. So I would expect to start hearing things anytime from tomorrow to next Monday.

Their admissions director is out of town till tomorrow so they will probably be meeting either tomorrow or Thursday. So I would expect to start hearing things anytime from tomorrow to next Monday.
how did you find that out?!?!?! Do you have an inside source? I am just curious how you know that.

A little Birdy told me...

i talked to the admissions. Class is 1/4 full.
They will hand out acceptances either by the end of this week or early next week.

They will hand out acceptances either by the end of this week or early next week.
so some time between tomorrow and Tuesday of next week, it sounds like!!??! Argghh the wait is killing me! Good luck to all of you.

Wow, only a 1/4 at this point. That seems low.

Wow, only a 1/4 at this point. That seems low.

well, USC usually fills their class by May or so which is good for me because i interviewed in November and haven't heard anything yet.

good luck to all of you.

Does anyone know if Feb. 27th interviewees will be considered for this next round of acceptances? On interview day, Brian Steele mentioned it was a maybe.

so has your status on the USC website changed from interview?

I interviewed in Nov. and my status changed from Interview to Alternate. I called and they said this was the post-interview status assigned to everyone who interviews with the school

Members don't see this ad :)
They are sooooo friggin slow about changing the status on their website. I paid the app fee and they sent me a receipt for it, and it has been months now and they haven't changed it to paid yet. I even called and they said that they had received the payment and my file reflected that. I also had an interview on feb 15th and they haven't changed my status from "under review" to interview or alternate. So don't rely on what their web status says.

I've called USC a couple of times and all they say is that we'll hear from them any time between now and August! I really hope piper 824 is right.

I've called USC a couple of times and all they say is that we'll hear from them any time between now and August! I really hope piper 824 is right.

well not everyone will hear from USC this round. Only those who will be accepted. If we don't get accepted this week, we will be on the alternate list and be considered again for the next rounds.
so yes, you are right in that we can hear anytime from today until when the class starts in august.

I am just anxious to see if I will be accepted this round because I know they haven't accepted anyone for awhile and they said they are handing out acceptances this week or early next week so.

Thank you all for sharing this information,, and please let us know if you got accepted so we can get an idea, good luck everybody...

Last edited:
Hey to answer Rocksteady's question, Feb 27th group he said will make the cut for this month. So good luck to us! and the wait is agonizing!

Hey to answer Rocksteady's question, Feb 27th group he said will make the cut for this month. So good luck to us! and the wait is agonizing!

Thanks very much, shibaroo :) Yes, GOOD LUCK to ALL!!! :thumbup:

And regarding the USC online application status checker, mine still says "Interview" and that they don't have my DAT scores when they actually do... SoooOoooOoOoo... I agree with everyone... USC ain't so hot at updating quickly.

Hey I interviewed back in November and got accepted today. i am going to attend VCU however so there is one more spot for you guys. Good luck!!

Hi everybody, I just got an email from USC that I got accepted, my interview was on Feb 11th. so I hope you all will make it to your dream school, for me this was such a huge news since I only applied to CA schools and this was the 3 year for me applying so I am soooooooooo happy, I wish you all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi everybody, I just got an email from USC that I got accepted, my interview was on Feb 11th. so I hope you all will make it to your dream school, for me this was such a huge news since I only applied to CA schools and this was the 3 year for me applying so I am soooooooooo happy, I wish you all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Congrats!

Time for you to start chiming in on the USC c/o 2012 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=496069

I could use a good bump now anyways.

wow pishi1361, congrats. that means they've already let the people know who made it this month.. guess i didn't make the cut. i will stay hopeful though! did anybody else get an acceptance that interviewed in February?

wow pishi1361, congrats. that means they've already let the people know who made it this month.. guess i didn't make the cut. i will stay hopeful though! did anybody else get an acceptance that interviewed in February?
Hang in there.... there are going to be a lot of students not accepting the offer , on my interview day there were couple of students that already had offers from other schools and they were not very impressed by USC. and their class is only 25% full at this time, I've heard most of the students that interview at USC will get accepted at some point. and they might be sending out invitations for Feb. cycle too, because they only gave me 15 days to accept the offer, so I am sure there will be a lot of offer made in near future.
Best of luck to you,,,

I interviewed on Feb. 11th and received an acceptance today. I will be withdrawing post acceptance. Congratulations to everyone accepted!!!:laugh::D

Also I don't if this help or not, but I heard USC like it if you write them a love letter!!! just send them a letter indicating that you really liked the school and PBL system is interesting and you would be very happy to become part of their school. I sent out this letter with the blue form after interview,

Just wanted to post that I got my "acceptance" email today.
I interviewed on FEB 15th just an FYI.

Now.... I gotta find housing.

I was there Feb 15th. I got in today. Don't worry, you'll get your letter soon enough. Good luck!

Also I don't if this help or not, but I heard USC like it if you write them a love letter!!! just send them a letter indicating that you really liked the school and PBL system is interesting and you would be very happy to become part of their school. I sent out this letter with the blue form after interview,

pishi, do you think USC would like a Love letter to give out interview offers?

pishi, do you think USC would like a Love letter to give out interview offers?
I don't really know, but it wouldn't hurt to write one! but just make sure they are still interviewing before you go through the hassle, cause I think they just sent out bunch of interview invites, if those invites are for April interview then that is the last cycle they interview, but if there were for march then you still have a chance to receive invites for the April cycle.. Good luck ,,,

I got the acceptance e-mail also interviewed 2/11, but I'm on the fence, I do want to stay in CA but idk how to deal w/ the cost of USC... at our finance lecture the presenter was chuckling the whole way through because for some reason he though the massive amount of debt we'd have was funny...

Here's another potential spot for you guys...I will be withdrawing the acceptance offer I received yesterday. You know what's funny? A couple weeks ago I was going through some papers and I found the green secondary app packet that we were supposed to turn in during our interview. I thought I turned that in. Also, I never gave them a pic. Guess that those things don't make too big of a difference!

kdawg
that's so funny! I did the exact same thing. I never turned in the form or a picture. WEIRD!

thank you so much for all the encouragement! i was really fretting about it last night, but you're all right... just stay positive and hang in there. Also kdawg and already954, who received acceptances, may i ask when you interviewed?

November 14

I am giving up my seat so there is one more for someone.

Going to VCU!!

I interviewed on February 8th and was accepted yesterday via email (!)

I'm deciding if I should send my deposit to USC and cancel my BU interview for Monday.

Any thoughts? (See my thread USC/BU)

thank you so much for all the encouragement! i was really fretting about it last night, but you're all right... just stay positive and hang in there. Also kdawg and already954, who received acceptances, may i ask when you interviewed?
Keep your head up!! This was my third year applying!! I am 27 in June. I will be 31 when I graduate. Remember, where are you going to be in 4 years if you get in this year!?! A dentist right? What about if you have to re apply where will be in 5 years? A dentist right? Same goes for apply again and again. Remember that if you give up, then you'll just be somewhere else in 5 years... and not a dentist. All that being said, there are still plenty of spots at USC and you very well could get in. Good luck.

Does anyone know when the cut off date for interviews was. I interviewed on Feb 29, do I have to wait a month or two to find out. Has any Feb 29 interviewie been offered an acceptance?

Also those of you ofference an acceptance what is the deadline for the deposite?

Does anyone know when the cut off date for interviews was. I interviewed on Feb 29, do I have to wait a month or two to find out. Has any Feb 29 interviewie been offered an acceptance?

Also those of you ofference an acceptance what is the deadline for the deposite?
they gave us 15 days

15 days, not much time. Are they asking for the whole $3000 in 15 days?

15 days, not much time. Are they asking for the whole $3000 in 15 days?

$500 up front
$1,000 May 1
$1,500 July 15

For a total of $3,000

Have the March acceptances shown up on AADSAS yet?

Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance email. Unfortunately I did not receive one. I understand there are still many seats available, but I don’t know how much longer I can wait. I don’t think I have slept since after my Interview. I really thought I was going to get in this round, and now am feeling really down.:(

Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance email. Unfortunately I did not receive one. I understand there are still many seats available, but I don’t know how much longer I can wait. I don’t think I have slept since after my Interview. I really thought I was going to get in this round, and now am feeling really down.:(

I thought I was going to hear also, but I didn't. They mentioned that they are going to send out another bunch of acceptances at the end of this month. So, I guess we would have to just wait a bit longer.

I am on Spring Break and cannot access my secure email at work. So, I am wondering, for those of you accepted. Did it show up on AADSAS? I really want to know, cause I think USC is my last chance this cycle.

My status was not updated on AADSAS but it was on USC's Webtools page.

dentalhope and rounds, i sooo feel you on this. and dentalhope, i couldn't fall asleep either. my mind was just ruminating over little things that i might have been able to do better at the interview. sounds cheesy, but i meditated in order to fall asleep last night! but like everyone is saying, be hopeful. the support here is amazing, we all went through or know how dreadful this process can be. and thanks bbakersc : ) very motivational

How do I see or get access that USC webtools page.