USC acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dentalhope and rounds, i sooo feel you on this. and dentalhope, i couldn't fall asleep either. my mind was just ruminating over little things that i might have been able to do better at the interview. sounds cheesy, but i meditated in order to fall asleep last night! but like everyone is saying, be hopeful. the support here is amazing, we all went through or know how dreadful this process can be. and thanks bbakersc : ) very motivational

Thanks,

I am trying my best to stay positive. I want to go to USC so bad. I just dont know how i am going to wait another month, its going to kill me.:(

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks,

I am trying my best to stay positive. I want to go to USC so bad. I just dont know how i am going to wait another month, its going to kill me.:(

I was really hoping to hear the good news this time but it looks like i need to wait some more. It's disappointing but I need to stay positive! but this waiting process is killing me because I really want to go to USC as well.

congrats to all of you who got accepted. I hope to join you guys soon.

I was really hoping to hear the good news this time but it looks like i need to wait some more. It's disappointing but I need to stay positive! but this waiting process is killing me because I really want to go to USC as well.

congrats to all of you who got accepted. I hope to join you guys soon.

dentalhope and piper824, have you been accepted to other programs? I called USC again today to ask them how I can improve my application; they said not getting accepted this round is neither good or bad...it doesn't mean anything really and just wait another little while. There is also not much to do as far as improving application since we are post interview...So, personally, I'm going to try to forget about it until end of March/begining of April since my finals are coming up as well...

Members don't see this ad :)
For all those still waiting on an acceptance, just remember these fine words from USC's website:

"Applicant interviews are conducted October through April. Generally, the class is assembled on the following cycle:

December 1 – one quarter;
March - one quarter,
mid-April - one quarter,
end of May - one quarter.

After June 1 students are selected from the alternate list as needed to fill the class. Acceptances can be extended as late and the first day of classes. All applications remain under consideration until a final decision has been reached."

http://uscsd03.usc.edu/dental/admissions/applicant.htm

it's round 2 for us February interviewees. anybody getting anxious yet?! i am! so they should be sending out more acceptances end of march right? or not till mid april?

I'm losing my mind over here. I literally think I will pass out if I get an acceptance.

I'm losing my mind over here. I literally think I will pass out if I get an acceptance.
I had to read the email 5 times to make sure I read it right!! I sure hope you all get in!!
Good luck!!

Based on history in recent months, I'm hoping that they send out some acceptances next week. I don't know what I will do if I'm accepted either. I'm hoping USC sends out enough acceptances to pretty much fill the class this time. May is a long time to wait for the final round.

Good luck everyone!

I had to read the email 5 times to make sure I read it right!! I sure hope you all get in!!
Good luck!!

Did the same thing here! I even called my parents to tell them the news, then had to re-read the email again to double check that I didn't make a mistake. :oops:

I turned down my offer, so there's another seat for someone :p

Things may have changed this year but last year they sent out acceptances at least twice a month in March, April, and May. You still have a great chance to get in so don't give up hope. Good Luck.

Can I have it please:D? LOL, I wish it were that easy.

In all seriousness, since you really seem like you want in at USC, have you tried writing a letter or calling them just to let them know how much you really want this? I am sure they are still handing out acceptances to people who have already committed elsewhere, and would be glad to hand out an acceptance to someone who truly wanted and needed one.

Just a thought since I’m pulling four you after reading all your posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love acceptace to USC, I am fortunate to just get an interview! good luck to everyone, pass down those seats if you don't really want em' please!:D

In all seriousness, since you really seem like you want in at USC, have you tried writing a letter or calling them just to let them know how much you really want this? I am sure they are still handing out acceptances to people who have already committed elsewhere, and would be glad to hand out an acceptance to someone who truly wanted and needed one.

Just a thought since I’m pulling four you after reading all your posts.

Thanks so much that means a lot. I think I will write a letter, thanks for the good idea.

PV

Hello all,

I know this is really last minute but I was wondering if you all had any advice or the interview...esp the PBL portion??

Thanks!

Pax,
RXM

PS-For those of you who have not gotten accepted *YET* stay positive...this is my third year applying and I am a firm believer in remaining positive and open...i truly think things do happen for reasons unbeknownst to us. here's a quotation that has helped me along my path...

"i beg you...to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. and the point is, to live everything. live the questions now. perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer..."

(rainer maria rilke)

Hello all,

I know this is really last minute but I was wondering if you all had any advice or the interview...esp the PBL portion??

There’s not much to share about the PBL session, as it’s pretty straight forward. You and 9 other interviewees will all dissect a mock case. It is a pretty basic topic that doesn’t require much previous knowledge. A middle school student could even participate efficiently. The only advice I would give would be to participate, help lead the discussion when things stall, add to things others say, etc.

Also this will be the way a majority of the things are taught at USC, so make sure it feels right for you.

Did anyone notice if the USC sim lab has Mannequin heads like other sim labs??

Yes, we have mannequin heads in the SIM lab.

Things may have changed this year but last year they sent out acceptances at least twice a month in March, April, and May. You still have a great chance to get in so don't give up hope. Good Luck.

As far as I can see, this year, the last word was March 6th and rumor has it that the next wave of acceptances is the first week of April. If anyone has received an acceptance recently, please post your good news.

anyone hear about march interview acceptances yet?

i called the admissions office this morning to ask when the next round of acceptances was going out and she couldn't say. Also, i asked what percentage of the class was filled, and she said it's almost full! unbelievable. when i interviewed in late feb. it was only 25% full! i am so incredibly nervous

i called the admissions office this morning to ask when the next round of acceptances was going out and she couldn't say. Also, i asked what percentage of the class was filled, and she said it's almost full! unbelievable. when i interviewed in late feb. it was only 25% full! i am so incredibly nervous

I called and they said the same thing that the class is full. But she said they will be sending out many more acceptances? This would only lead me to believe that by saying the class is full, that they are not interviewing for anymore spots and the people numbered on the waitlist will fill the remaining spots. If anyone else wants to clarify please let me know. There is no way they can fill a class after being 25% full, especially when on the website they fill their class quarter(Dec 1), quarter(march), quarter(april), quarter(may).

Dentalhope, you don't think they will be interviewing in April then? cause from what i understood, USC interviews in April as well. but if the class is supposedly full... then it doesn't really make sense to interview more. and how could she say the class is full but they will be sending out more acceptances? i'm confused....

I'm just another USC hopeful, trying to patiently wait, and hope there will be a seat for me. I'm giving myself until the end of the week until I start getting my packet together for next cycle.

Anyway, here is my guess. Maybe the adcom has met recently and selected enough people to fill the class? Again, that is just a guess...and wish and a prayer....that they are sending out a batch of e-mails soon.

I also remember reading a post by a current USC dental student, saying that they were not interviewing in April this year. Not sure if that is correct.

I hate this thread... I get anxious everytime I see a new post on it. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see you all at SC Dental soon. Fight On!

I had my interview In March, and I belive they said interviews where ending in march. They told us the class was full and we are all pretty much on the "waitlist" whatever that means. I really dig the curriculum they have, I think it would suit my style, just hope they think the same :scared: Good luck to everyone!

I'm getting ready for the next cycle, I made the lonley to my professors office today to ask for a letter of recommendation. 1 down 3 to go.

I'm getting ready for the next cycle, I made the lonley to my professors office today to ask for a letter of recommendation. 1 down 3 to go.
don't give up guys, it was my third time applying before finally getting in. I think it is full because of the round of acceptances they are sending this week, that will be what fills the class.

Maybe they sent out enough invites to fill the class March 6th. Well, I'm sure some of them will not be accepting, so there will be some more seats.

This waiting game is crazy. I would just like to know one way or the other, so I can figure out what I'm doing next year. My wife also wants to do what we are doing next year!

This waiting game is crazy. I would just like to know one way or the other, so I can figure out what I'm doing next year. My wife also wants to do what we are doing next year!

I feel you there. Everyone asked me if I was really excited when I got my acceptance. I was, but what I really felt was relief because I finally knew what I would be doing next year. Only after the acceptance could I move on and start making plans instead of just waiting and waiting.

this may be kinda personal, but i can't help being curious. for those who got accepted into USC, if you're comfortable sharing your stats: science GPA, overall GPA, DAT scores, and anything else (extracurricular activities etc, that you think helped you into getting accepted) i'd appreciate it. thanks!

this may be kinda personal, but i can't help being curious. for those who got accepted into USC, if you're comfortable sharing your stats: science GPA, overall GPA, DAT scores, and anything else (extracurricular activities etc, that you think helped you into getting accepted) i'd appreciate it. thanks!

AA 17 PAT 20

overall gpa 3.38 sci 3.48

I have tons of family that are dentist's including my late father and uncle (both SC grads from the 60's neither were able to make any "phone calls"), and my bro is a dentist. I assisted for him for two plus years.

My wife and I are foster parents

3rd time applying (though only competitively applying twice)

from a feeder school (BYU)

thanks for sharing bbakersc:)

and congrats! I hope that we can be classmates!

Check the USC page on www.predents.com

There are lots of accepted applicants displaying their stats there.

good idea! yeah there's lots of info there. thanks Hysteria24

another question i have: for people that were given an acceptance to USC, how long do they have to commit and accept it before that spot is passed onto someone else?

another question i have: for people that were given an acceptance to USC, how long do they have to commit and accept it before that spot is passed onto someone else?

This is pretty much standard for all schools. The quote blow is taken from some random AADSAS doc I found first when quickly trying to find these exact numbers for you: http://www.adea.org/webdocs/AADSAS/Newsletter/HPA/HPA_NL0606.pdf

“Dental schools will continue to:
Give individuals admitted in December 45 days to accept or decline an offer of admission.
Give individuals admitted in January 30 days to accept or decline an offer of admission.
Give individuals admitted in February or later 15 days to accept or decline an offer of admission
Schools may ask for an immediate response from individuals extended an offer of admission after July 15 or two weeks prior to the start of classes,
whichever comes first.”

hey guys, im a first year here at SC. The class is currently full. Usually its not full until may but with accreditation next week they sped up the process this year. If you are on the wait list you do have a chance of getting accepted, we have a classmate that was accepted during orientation week....so it can happen. For those of you coming here in fall, see you then.

When I had my interview in March, Brian told us that the class is full meaning they have sent out enough acceptances to fill all of the seats, however he said that they usually accept twice the actual class size and that they were still sending out acceptances. He told us that the committee would be meeting early this week and making decisions. I don't know if this helps anyone....

Does anyone know if they rank the waitlist and if they release that info to students who are not-so-patiently waiting?

JUST GOT THE EMAIL. IM IN :). Thanks everyone for your support, see you in the fall. "FIGHT ON"

JUST GOT THE EMAIL. IM IN :). Thanks everyone for your support, see you in the fall. "FIGHT ON"

Congrats! :thumbup: Nothing in my mailbox. I hope they send out a few more acceptances this week.

just got my email to dentalhope! but i'm in a bit of a predicament...UDM or USC? I know both are great schools but i also fell in love with both schools and I now have a big decision on my hands...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Congrats! Facebook time for you.

just got my email to dentalhope! but i'm in a bit of a predicament...UDM or USC? I know both are great schools but i also fell in love with both schools and I now have a big decision on my hands...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Congrats! I had to decide between the same two states, although it was between USC and U of M for me. It’s not an easy one but throw some thoughts or questions out if you need help.

ok well first thing is first. where do i even begin in trying to decide. USC is in a beautiful state and it is a very accredited university. UDM is in a not so nice city but still has a great curriculum/school. i guess the problem is i dont know where to begin?

Congrats to dentalhope. You made it! Congrats to DDSlady1021. I'm still hoping to get into USC so if you decide to give up your seat I'll take it! :)