Prometric Center in Houston/Beaumont?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shewanella

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to sign up to take the DAT in one of the 3 Prometric centers in Houston downtown area soon.

16800 Imperial Valley
Suite 170 (HOUSTON METROAREA)
Houston, TX 77060

16850 DIANA LANE
SUITE C
HOUSTON, TX 77058

7111 HARWIN
SUITE 100
HOUSTON, TX 77036

I can also sign up for the one in Beaumont area which will be a little closer for me, but wasn't sure whether test centers in "bigger cities" better? Just wondering......

4400 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. PARKWAY
LAMAR UNIV., SUITE118 GALLOWAY BUS
BEAUMONT, TX 77710

Has anyone taken the test at one of these locations? If so, which one is better/preferable? How is the condition? (meaning whether the staff is friendly/rude, flat screen/lcd monitor, scratch paper/white board, etc.)

Also, does anyone know how big the white board is usually (estimated dimension)? I know that if a particular Prometric center does scratch paper, it'll be the letter size, but wasn't sure about how big/small the boards were.

Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken the test at one of these locations?

Yes, I took it at:

16800 Imperial Valley
Suite 170 (HOUSTON METROAREA)
Houston, TX 77060

How is the condition? (meaning whether the staff is friendly/rude, flat screen/lcd monitor, scratch paper/white board, etc.)

Terrible. Old monitors, staff was not very knowledgeable. Since it was longer test than the GED test that many others were taking I was the last one in the testing room which seemed to annoy some of the staff. The center itself is located in the Greenspoint area, which is affectionately nick named "Guns-point" because of the amount of crime in the area.

Also, does anyone know how big the white board is usually (estimated dimension)?

All through my kaplan program we were told that we were going to have paper and pencils to write on. Instead, we had laminated sheets of blue construction paper and fat, half dry, dry erase markers. This made it extremely difficult to take notes for reading comprehension. It was also difficult when trying to go fast for QR.

I don't really know if taking the test in a bigger city matters. If you can, I'd scope out the place closest to you and see if you'd be fine there. If I were to retake the DAT I would have done it at a different location.