COMLEX Percentile Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am neither a doctor nor a student doctor.

My daughter is anxiously awaiting the results of the COMLEX Level III she took a few weeks ago, and had been looking for a conversion of raw three-digit score to percentile. I created the attached spreadsheet from the info published at http://www.nbome.org/scoreInterpretation.htm: mean of 500, deviation of 123 (Sep 2005 to present), and minimum grade of 350.

The spreadsheet can be readily converted for any other exam; feel free, or I'd be happy to help.

Congratulations on all your hard work. You make your parents very proud.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• COMLEX Scores.xls
    29.5 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
this can also be determined by calculating a z-score and looking it up on standardized tables which can be found on google.

Z score = (your score - mean)/standard deviation

look it up on the table on this page.

Sure; the spreadsheet just performs the score normalization intrinsically.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am neither a doctor nor a student doctor.

My daughter is anxiously awaiting the results of the COMLEX Level III she took a few weeks ago, and had been looking for a conversion of raw three-digit score to percentile. I created the attached spreadsheet from the info published at http://www.nbome.org/scoreInterpretation.htm: mean of 500, deviation of 123 (Sep 2005 to present), and minimum grade of 350.

The spreadsheet can be readily converted for any other exam; feel free, or I'd be happy to help.

Congratulations on all your hard work. You make your parents very proud.

Thank you for your spreadsheet. It's refreshing to see a post like yours on the SDN. :clap:
I took my COMLEXes years ago but I'm sure others will find this helpful.

You're quite welcome.

Last edited: