How long is residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkjkjk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long is orthopaedic surgery residency?

What if you want to specialize in the spine?

Members don't see this ad.

How long is orthopaedic surgery residency?

What if you want to specialize in the spine?

16 weeks. 14 if you don't specialize.

16 weeks. 14 if you don't specialize.

Sweet. I can't wait to pair my spine specialization training with the MBA I received from Phoenix University after just 12 hours online.

I'm on a roll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet. I can't wait to pair my spine specialization training with the MBA I received from Phoenix University after just 12 hours online.

ITT Tech offers a combined MBA/Orthopaedic Surgery program.

ITT Tech offers a combined MBA/Orthopaedic Surgery program.

NPR has standards though.

People ooh and ahh when you tell em you went to Phoenix University. It's similar to the reaction you get coming from Harvard. On a much larger scale.

People ooh and ahh when you tell em you went to Phoenix University. It's similar to the reaction you get coming from Harvard. On a much larger scale.

At essentially identical tuition.

Oh so you can make 7 digits in spine surgery?

I guess it's time to transfer out of my peds residency. :smuggrin:

Of course they can, you just have to be in the right market and work enough.

Use the search function to the upper right.

1 year of spine $$=$$ 10 years of peds

well i used the search function and i still couldnt find a straight answer

so could someone just tell me how long it is

well i used the search function and i still couldnt find a straight answer

so could someone just tell me how long it is

The online residency or the regular one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry jkjkjk, orthopods can be big jerks sometimes...

Residency can be variable lengths depending on how quickly you make progress. Personally, I've found the first few online modules to be quite straightforward and I'm hoping to get finished everything in 4 years. Specializing in spine takes a bit extra-most people find a chiropracter to shadow for anywhere from 6 months to a year.

I've heard about a program in Moldavia where you can get done in 3 years! Sounds great to me!

Best of luck!

Residency can be variable lengths depending on how quickly you make progress. Personally, I've found the first few online modules to be quite straightforward and I'm hoping to get finished everything in 4 years. Specializing in spine takes a bit extra-most people find a chiropracter to shadow for anywhere from 6 months to a year.

The self-paced pathway was one of the things that attracted me to Ortho in the first place. Although I have to admit, I dislike having to attract my own practice patients. Once I had a final practical exam on the ACL, and I had to hit this dude with my car just to have someone to operate on(!)

If you don't like having to take that long to get Board Certified, there's always the Doctor of Nurse Practitioner in Orthopedics (DNPO) pathway. For more information on what they do, check the website for Doctoral Orthopaedic Nursing Guidelines (www.dong.org).

If you don't like having to take that long to get Board Certified, there's always the Doctor of Nurse Practitioner in Orthopedics (DNPO) pathway. For more information on what they do, check the website for Doctoral Orthopaedic Nursing Guidelines (www.dong.org).

:laugh:

So in summary, residency is not as LONG if you go DONG..

I've heard about a program in Moldavia where you can get done in 3 years! Sounds great to me!

Best of luck!

:laugh:

lol, what a great thread

5 years, more if you want to do a fellowship in something like spine

Best of luck!
hahahahahaha!

5 years, more if you want to do a fellowship in something like spine

Knowingly spreading false information on SDN is a TOS violation.