2008-2009 SUNY Upstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bozz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very straightforward. One one essay:

"If you earned your baccalaureate degree on or before June 2008, please indicate your plans for the 2008-2009 academic year:"

Payment type: Online credit card vs. Mail in check

I believe you don't have to mail in the signature page if you pay online. Double check though.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's an essay
"If you earned your baccalaureate degree on or before June 2008, please indicate your plans for the 2008-2009 academic year:"

Very straightforward. No essays.

Payment type: Online credit card vs. Mail in check

I believe you don't have to mail in the signature page if you pay online. Double check though.
we can pay online??? I must have missed that

Is there a way I can go back and pay online, bc I dont wanna send a check?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
we can pay online??? I must have missed that

Is there a way I can go back and pay online, bc I dont wanna send a check?

you could try logging in
They charge you $1 extra for credit card though lol

anyone have a problem saving the "personal information" section, I kept getting a weird server error earlier.

Edit: looks like they fixed it, it had also said 2007-2008 application year earlier on that page for the what are you doing out of school essay, but that is now fixed too

They just want the basic pre-reqs entered...right?...and not any sci class you took?

Thanks

For those who finished this, do you pay before or after you finalize your supplement

For those who finished this, do you pay before or after you finalize your supplement

After you submit, there's a link to pay on the bottom of the signature page.

After, it will show a screen saying print this signature form and mail us money etc, but near the bottom of the page it says click this icon to pay online, in which case it says you don't need to mail the signature form.

After you submit, there's a link to pay on the bottom of the signature page.

Thanks, and you manually typed in 100 dollars? Kind of odd that they have you type it in yourself...

Anyway, I know we are supposed send in two LORs, one from a science faculty, but can we submit more? I know U of Vermont doesn't want anymore than 4.

anyone have a problem saving the "personal information" section, I kept getting a weird server error earlier.

Edit: looks like they fixed it, it had also said 2007-2008 application year earlier on that page for the what are you doing out of school essay, but that is now fixed too

I had this problem earlier too...I emailed the office and they said that they would fix the problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you do pay via card do you still print off that sheet to sign?

thanks

thanks
no...and I wish I would have seen the damn online thing before I exited out of it.

If anyone figures out a way to go back, let me know.

Can we send more than two LORs to this school?

After, it will show a screen saying print this signature form and mail us money etc, but near the bottom of the page it says click this icon to pay online, in which case it says you don't need to mail the signature form.

I must have missed something but where does it say that we don't have to mail in the signature form if paying by credit card?

anyone still having problems with the site? I cant seem to submit the 3rd page

I must have missed something but where does it say that we don't have to mail in the signature form if paying by credit card?

IN the e-mail they sent you

thanks

The SUNY Upstate Secondary Invitation Email said:
IF YOU PAID YOUR NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE ON-LINE, YOU DO NOT NEED
TO SEND IN THE SIGNATURE PAGE OR THE APPLICATION FEE. Once your
application fee posts to your application, you will also receive an email
regarding any remaining missing application materials.
:thumbup:

I had them sent my entire pre-med committee packet (5 letters) and they didn't care one bit. Got an acceptance out of it. If there are too many to their liking, they might just ignore some of them. It won't hurt you though.

how long did it take for the submission of the supplemental application and the fee to show up on your account?

Hi Guys,
Does anyone applying MDPhD know whether we need 5 letters:
2 for the regular secondary, and 3 research?
Can they overlap at all?

Thanks!

how long did it take for the submission of the supplemental application and the fee to show up on your account?

It took two business days for the bank to process. The status/application page says they also received it after it was processed. I'm not sure about when the page updated, though, as I haven't been as neurotic with these essay-less applications.

Any idea how long it takes for our LORs to be received and our file complete? I think mine were sent about 10 days ago and nothing so far.

Hi Guys,
Does anyone applying MDPhD know whether we need 5 letters:
2 for the regular secondary, and 3 research?
Can they overlap at all?

Thanks!

I applied last year and I sent in 5 letters: 3 for the regular secondary and 2 for research. The school was absolutely fine with that. I'm not sure what the school asks for specifically this year, but generally, I think that as long as you have 2 research letters in addition to your regular LORs, you should be alright.

Pre-interview Hold. Oh well.

Anyone know how long it will take for SUNY to review everyone before they start looking at their pre-interview hold student?

Same here, Pre-interview hold.

Anyone know how long it will take for SUNY to review everyone before they start looking at their pre-interview hold student?

Did you get an email?

You guys aren't alone. Pre-interview Hold here as well which kinda sucks.
I tried to find a thread from last year but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone knows if they extended interviews after the pre-interview hold?

Anyone's application also showing up as 'incomplete' even though everything else has been received?

Although the 'status' box beside each item is empty for some reason :confused:

You guys aren't alone. Pre-interview Hold here as well which kinda sucks.
I tried to find a thread from last year but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone knows if they extended interviews after the pre-interview hold?

Pre interview hold as well. Do they reject people or just out them on the hold? I'd like to think I still have some what of a chance.

Application on hold:(

A little depressed... but gotta keep chugging. I just want that first interview so bad..

Also on hold :( I feel just a little better that I'm not the only one...

Also on hold here, guess no rejections given...

Who isn't on hold?...I'm on hold too!

What does this mean anyway...that I'm not qualified enough to get the first round of interviews...or just qualified enough to not get rejected during the first wave?..:mad:

:D

Hey everyone - did you get an email regarding your hold status, or are you just checking the status page? Thanks!

I take it you guys received emails

Yes, by e-mail

I take it you guys received emails

Yeah, It was an e-mail.

I was gifted a Hold too..let the waiting games begin..;)

Another hold here as well.

Do you mean it says "Pre-Interview Hold" somewhere on the status page? All I have is COMPLETE under Application Status (towards the middle of the page). I'm wondering if that's a bad sign...

Do you mean it says "Pre-Interview Hold" somewhere on the status page? All I have is COMPLETE under Application Status (towards the middle of the page). I'm wondering if that's a bad sign...

I got the "pre-interview Hold" through email. My status page no longer says COMPLETE.

i got the email today too:

Pre-interview HOLD :(

kinda glad that everyone seems to be getting this though. did anyone get something other than a pre-interview hold?????

i got the email today too:

Pre-interview HOLD :(

kinda glad that everyone seems to be getting this though. did anyone get something other than a pre-interview hold?????

yeah I did.

it also said "go **** yourself" but i am not sure what meant...maybe good news.

seems like a bunch of pre-interview holds. I got a feeling they are just trying to get their solid state students first, then look at the OOS applicants that are still around and interested. I mean, if they wait until they eval every single applicant (and applicants will keep coming until the deadline) then it will be late in the year or early next year when we hear something. If thats the case, I wont fly to New York for another interview if I already got the spot. Annnd if you really want in, you'll fly back. seems like a good way to keep a bunch of semi-interested OOS in check.

well, thats just waht i think....waaay to many pre-interview holds.

yeah I did.

seems like a bunch of pre-interview holds. I got a feeling they are just trying to get their solid state students first, then look at the OOS applicants that are still around and interested. I mean, if they wait until they eval every single applicant (and applicants will keep coming until the deadline) then it will be late in the year or early next year when we hear something. If thats the case, I wont fly to New York for another interview if I already got the spot. Annnd if you really want in, you'll fly back. seems like a good way to keep a bunch of semi-interested OOS in check.

Yeah seems plausible

I also got a pre-interview hold today and I'm IS and I think my application is pretty ok. Not trying to destroy your theory. Just putting in my 2 cents for what it's worth. Kinda strange there's so many holds right?

Wait, did you get the "MAY go **** yourself" or "go **** yourself, VERY much!" ?

yeah I did.

it also said "go **** yourself" but i am not sure what meant...maybe good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.