The September MCAT United Front

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raigon

This is an emergency.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Remember - we didn't unite to prepare for the MCATs
We came to DOMINATE it.

GO SEPTEMBER MCATers!

And we will basically unite together to study and help each other out. I mean, every other dates have their own clubs, so why not the September 2008 dates? We'll use this club for encouragements, help, or just to chat about how we feel.

Members don't see this ad.

Remember - we didn't unite to prepare for the MCATs
We came to DOMINATE it.

GO SEPTEMBER MCATers!

And we will basically unite together to study and help each other out. I mean, every other dates have their own clubs, so why not the September 2008 dates? We'll use this club for encouragements, help, or just to chat about how we feel.

Are you taking the Sept MCAT and applying this cycle?

I am taking the MCAT 9.6.08. Six days before my wedding. AND I may be applying DO this cycle (depends on my feeling after the MCAT).

Crucify me now

I'm taking in September, unless something changes. I'm open to change though since I'm not applying this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, I dunno - I'm just taking the MCATs on September 6th. How are you guys coming along?

September MCAT takers... Hardcore Summer Studiers or Chronic Procrastinators?

Hopefully not a polarized blend of each, or else the standard deviation is gonna be ginormous :eek:

I've been studying regularly since April and re-scheduled twice, so I guess I'm a hybrid. :cool:

lol, I dunno - I'm just taking the MCAT_ on September 6th. How are you guys coming along?

fixed

No - not procrastinators, just people who want as much time to study as possible in the summer.

I don't think I should apply yet though. I mean, I'm only in my sophomore year when I take my MCATs, and it's my first MCATs besides. I could always retake if I do too bad.

Regarding being a procrastinator:

I had a talk with my future wife like three weeks ago, I was looking into another advanced degree (I already have my Master's in Health Policy). She said, "you've always wished you applied to med school... DO IT!" I took the MCAT like 4 years ago, I got a 25 or 26 or something like that. I'm trying a refresher/cram for like 6 wks :eek:. So yes I'm a procrastinator but not by choice (this time).

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like we've got a long way to go from here. Let's begin -

The MCAT Cram Camp -

Remember, the MCATs are a survival game - and medical schools are your only sources of survival. Only if you make it, you survive. If you don't, you die - This is Darwin's Reality. We formed a united front to crush the MCATs. We didn't come to take the MCATs, nor did we come to pass it. We came to completely dominate and conquer it.

I'll kill anyone with under a score of less than 30. =D

decided to take it September 13th instead of putting it off until January, good luck to all!

Oh right, and since this is a cram camp for all of us, if you guys have any questions, you can ask it here directly. Any one of us will be glad to help out - I think.

Does careless mistakes make anyone go bonkers? Cuz EK does that a LOT

How is the studying going for everyone? Anyone start on the FL's yet? I am kind of almost done with my content review, It seems to be going on and on so i ended up telling myself i just gotto stop freaking out about every single detail and start on FL's.

How is the studying going for everyone? Anyone start on the FL's yet? I am kind of almost done with my content review, It seems to be going on and on so i ended up telling myself i just gotto stop freaking out about every single detail and start on FL's.

I suppose you are taking Kaplan? Im taking TPR. We basically do content review until 8/28 while all the while doing practice passages, workbook, etc. We also have Diags to take. As for studying, it's excruciating. The worst summer of my entire life, no joke. I practically stressed everyday, I'm betting my cortisol and aldosterone levels are off the chart.

okay, all.

I have just rescheduled mine to 9/12/08 from 8/15/08 due to personal issues piling up and several emotional meltdowns.

LET's Rock THIS!! I want to be nice to MCAT, I want to be gentle with it.

Like a little bittie kittie that I really adore. come on, kittie, kittie.

who loves you the most?? I DO!! :biglove:

okay, all.

I have just rescheduled mine to 9/12/08 from 8/15/08 due to personal issues piling up and several emotional meltdowns.

LET's Rock THIS!! I want to be nice to MCAT, I want to be gentle with it.

Like a little bittie kittie that I really adore. come on, kittie, kittie.

who loves you the most?? I DO!! :biglove:

Strange, because I want to strangle it with a pillow.:D

i'm not taking a class and i'm working full time...been studying about 2 weeks so far. mainly content review for now (mostly physics and bio). I'll hit practice tests/problems non-stop by august.

I'm thinking of taking it in September as well... :eyebrow:

I do want to break 30 as well...so hopefully it goes well :thumbup:

say-that-again-mo-fo-loldog-funny.jpg

Anybody applying this application cycle? I'm applying, but not sure when to submit my amcas application If my MCATs aren't coming back til Oct. 7, should I apply anyway and wait to send off my secondary appl. assuming I get a few?

I'm signed up for september 5th, I am a retake from June 13th with a 26R 10 verbal 10 bio 6 PS :(

I honestly think I just fell asleep during PS, so I am just hardcore physics studying (I think I have gen chem down for the most part)...

I was going to wait until January but I figured once the semester gets going I am just going to be too busy to study so I'll only have a month and halfish to study anyway so why not take the test in September!!!!

I have a grudge against the MCAT and I am going to settle it on september 5th...Before I was nervous...now I am pumped for this retake!!!

Ah, so I just switched to September 12th too. Just felt the pressure mounting lately and felt taking a couple days to de-stress would be a good idea. Nice to find some company here.

I don't think I should apply yet though. I mean, I'm only in my sophomore year when I take my MCATs, and it's my first MCATs besides. I could always retake if I do too bad.

have you already taken the prerequisites? Somehow it doesn't seem very wise to me if you are only in your Sophmore year. Wouldn't it be smarter to take it just once and plan on it for next year, your junior year.

If you look through a lot of the MCAT threads, they will tell you that it is better to take it just once and do your very best than to take it when you may not be really prepared. Now if you've taken all of your science prereqs and aced them, then go for it, but otherwise I would suggest that you just work on doing the best that you can with them and learn the material.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Should I take August 26th or take it in Sept?

I can not find a Aug 26th seat near my location.

I am afraid that if I don't secure a Sept.

It is going to be harder to get a Sept seat later.

It's up to you...it basically comes down to how ready you feel (or in Raigon's words "We came to dominate it!!!") :) so, are you ready to dominate that test?

Should I take a Sept MCAT?

Please more opinions.

If money is not an issue, then secure a September spot for now. I believe that in the past, people drop their test date close to the deadline (2 weeks before the date they're signed up for). So in a couple of weeks, be sure to check for August 26th spots again if you feel you'd be ready for it.

If money is not an issue, then secure a September spot for now. I believe that in the past, people drop their test date close to the deadline (2 weeks before the date they're signed up for). So in a couple of weeks, be sure to check for August 26th spots again if you feel you'd be ready for it.

As I said, I recommend September solely for the sake of more time to study. However, if you're presently extremely well prepared that you're scoring 30+ to the point of being god-like, then take it in August and have the rest of the summer for vacation.

Meh, for me, I'm taking it in September and making up my summer vacation during the school year. Lol, I purposely studied really hard during my freshmen and sophomore years to get a 4.0 GPA, and now that I've secured a 4.0, for my junior year, I could just have fun so long as I don't make my GPA drop under a 3.5 =D.

Is everyone applying next cycle? I'm applying this cycle and reading this thread now makes me nervous...I wonder if I'm going to be super late.

Meh, for me, I'm taking it in September and making up my summer vacation during the school year. Lol, I purposely studied really hard during my freshmen and sophomore years to get a 4.0 GPA, and now that I've secured a 4.0, for my junior year, I could just have fun so long as I don't make my GPA drop under a 3.5 =D.[/quote]

This is so much better than the other way around :thumbup: