Official 2008-2009 REJECTION Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ButImLETired

Prodigal member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AKA the happiest place on Earth...

tell us all when, how, and from where you were rejected.

Expressions of how much you DIDN'T want to go there in the first place are encouraged, and frankly expected.

Don't be shy....

Members don't see this ad.

AKA the happiest place on Earth...

tell us all when, how, and from where you were rejected.

Expressions of how much you DIDN'T want to go there in the first place are encouraged, and frankly expected.

Don't be shy....

hahah. someone's jumping off the boat here, eh? It's a bit tad too early for that, no?

Rejected PRE-secondary from West Virginia...WTF?! But I mean seriously, West Virginia, c'mon....I just don't love my siblings THAT much, so I wouldn't have fit in anyway...:smuggrin:

(No offense to West Virginians...I hear this type of activity is limited to only adcoms at WVU....)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not erase

1) Quote the most recent list.
2) Erase the quote messages at the top and bottom
3) Add yourself, pertinent dates and info, and if neccessary, the school.
4) click submit

WVU: Tianac 2 (presec)

hahah. someone's jumping off the boat here, eh? It's a bit tad too early for that, no?

hardly, I recall getting the ax from wake forest about this time last year....at least I didn't have to do the secondary!

UW: disorder (OOS; presec)

It was a reach, but I really like Seattle and consider it money well spent/wasted.

UW: disorder (OOS; presec)
IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS, presec)

Do not erase

1) Quote the most recent list.
3) Add yourself, pertinent dates and info, and if neccessary, the school. (schools in alphabetical order please:D)

4) click submit

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec)
UW: Disorder (OOS; Presec)

Members don't see this ad :)
Methinks ChubbyChaser is jealous of shemarty ;)

Rejections already? What is this, UCSF decided christmas has come early or something?

I have a feeling that my 36+ MCAT and 3.6+ GPA didn't quite make the secondary cut off for UCSF, which I suspect is somewhere around 3.65 for GPA.

I think i got screened out of ucsf too...hahah i guess i won't be wasting my secondary fees there...

I didn't receive the tufts secondary either. maybe they screened me out too.

I have a feeling that my 36+ MCAT and 3.6+ GPA didn't quite make the secondary cut off for UCSF, which I suspect is somewhere around 3.65 for GPA.

Hmm definitely not. You may not have made the automatic secondary cutoff, but they're definitely still reviewing primaries (I didn't make the first send-off of secondaries, but I got one yesterday and my stats are lower than that)

I think i got screened out of ucsf too...hahah i guess i won't be wasting my secondary fees there...

With a 3.7/ 35 and IS, i doubt you're going to get screened from ucsf.

I would wait. I got both UCSF and UCSD later than anyone else, and my stats are way lower than yours. Don't worry!

And Tufts definitely doesn't screen, it looks like they're sending out secondaries a few at a time...they don't start even looking at them until August, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Hmm definitely not. You may not have made the automatic secondary cutoff, but they're definitely still reviewing primaries (I didn't make the first send-off of secondaries, but I got one yesterday and my stats are lower than that)
yeah. that makes sense if they do that. do an initial automatic screen for numbers, and then review the remaining primaries, which did not pass the initial screen, more carefully.

I would wait. I got both UCSF and UCSD later than anyone else, and my stats are way lower than yours. Don't worry!

And Tufts definitely doesn't screen, it looks like they're sending out secondaries a few at a time...they don't start even looking at them until August, so I wouldn't worry about that either.
congrats! but now i'm a little more nervous about sd. :scared:

congrats! but now i'm a little more nervous about sd. :scared:

Don't be! Pretty sure all it means is that they're reading ours a bit more closely, which I feel is a good thing. They'll already have an impression of us from reading our primaries closely, instead of just knowing we made the cutoff.

This is what I tell myself.

Don't be! Pretty sure all it means is that they're reading ours a bit more closely, which I feel is a good thing. They'll already have an impression of us from reading our primaries closely, instead of just knowing we made the cutoff.

This is what I tell myself.
hehe i hope so! even if they gave me their secondary now, i wouldnt be able to work on it. so maybe this is a good thing! :p

btw, nice thread! i like where this is going (although i hope i NEVER have to post in it again)

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec)
Everywhere: MichiganEMTInt

you also happen to be URM, and my academic trend is pretty bad, so...

it's best to be prepared for the worst. although I can't tell you why getting screened out from UCSF would suck so much because that would make me uniquely identifiable.

you also happen to be URM, and my academic trend is pretty bad, so...

it's best to be prepared for the worst. although I can't tell you why getting screened out from UCSF would suck so much because that would make me uniquely identifiable.

Hmm alright, good luck either way. You know, I was looking at the UCSF website (preparing myself for the worst then too) and they'll accept petitions for a secondary if you haven't been given one. I was already in the process of writing one, actually :oops:

But either way, all hope is not lost.

Hmm alright, good luck either way. You know, I was looking at the UCSF website (preparing myself for the worst then too) and they'll accept petitions for a secondary if you haven't been given one. I was already in the process of writing one, actually :oops:

But either way, all hope is not lost.

could you please send me the link to it?

could you please send me the link to it?

Uhm now I feel like an idiot, cause I've been looking for it and I can't find it anymore.

I KNOW for sure though that it was on that website at some point, and I also know of someone on SDN (one of the UCSF threads) who petitioned and got a secondary out of it.

So again, not all hope is lost!

Well, it's 6 o clock in California and I made it yet another day without a rejection yet.

I guess there's a lot to be thankful for.

Methinks ChubbyChaser is jealous of shemarty ;)

Hahaha...I kinda have a secret love for him, seeing as I tend to go for bigger guys...so I feel compelled to come to his rescue...Chubbs has an opinion on just about every thread...shemarty solely on the prestigious...I'm sure she longs to be like him ;-)

Hahaha...I kinda have a secret love for him, seeing as I tend to go for bigger guys...so I feel compelled to come to his rescue...Chubbs has an opinion on just about every thread...shemarty solely on the prestigious...I'm sure she longs to be like him ;-)

Hey, hey. I've been contributing to the bourgeous threads, too!

This thread is, thankfully, off-topic. Rejections in July...boo :thumbdown:

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country :D; Presec)

Ouch.. first rejection. OOS applicants basically had no shot... but stats for internationals didn't seem that bad. Perhaps the internationals it interviews have state ties/live in Indiana and just don't have their greencards?

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for Indiana to favor internationals over OOS.

Last edited:
DO NOT ERASE!
1) Quote the most recent list
3) Add yourself, pertinent dates and info, and if neccessary, the school. (schools in alphabetical order please:D)
4) Click submit

IU:
Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country :D; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec)
Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs)

DO NOT ERASE!
4) Click submit

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country :D; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec; 3.77/35)

To all the people who were rejected from IU, how did you find out? Email?

DO NOT ERASE!
4) Click submit

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country :D; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec; 3.77/35)
Life: Shemarty (OOS)

DO NOT ERASE!
4) Click submit

Heaven:Iduwanna (OOS)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.