*** Official USC Acceptance thread 2009 cycle***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSphinx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOOT WOOT. Email acceptance 3 mins ago.............. finally some relief!!!

Members don't see this ad.

me too!!! wow guys talk about quick posts!!! haha...SDN addicts for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!! USC!!!! That acceptance email just stopped my heart!! Congrats everyone!!

wow congrats! can u guys also post when u interviewed there?? just wanna know, i interviewed early Oct, so i'm waiting!!

Congrats to everyone who got the email and good luck to everyone still waiting!!

wow congrats! can u guys also post when u interviewed there?? just wanna know, i interviewed early Oct, so i'm waiting!!

I interviewed Sept 18th (I think it was their first set of interviews) so good luck again!!

Congrats to all accepted.
I interviewed in Oct as well and I haven't received the email yet.

Interviewed in early october, good luck they might be sending in waves

Contacted via email...O yeah!!

My fiance got her acceptance by email at about 10:50 am today.

WhooWee! I am in as well! Interviewed September. I should go buy a bike like everyone else at USC.

they told me i needed another LOR at my interview, but yet they still accepted me :D

Members don't see this ad :)
did all of you guys get an email at 10:50, also are all of you from Cali

:( didnt get any email
so im waiting for the next wave...

does anyone know when the next "wave" of acceptances will be sent out?

and could the accepted people let me know when they interviewed?
I'm wondering if it is because I interviewed in late october...

congrats on the acceptance guys! go celebrate!

Hey guys!
Congrats on all the acceptances. I was just wondering for those who have gotten accepted did your USC status change from "alternate" to accepted?

I believe the next wave is in 45days. Rock on!!

Congrats to all you future Trojans!!! :horns:

I believe the next wave is in 45days. Rock on!!

Yes... Last cycle the second wave went out then (2 weeks into Jan). That's how long I had to wait in order to get my good news. :D

do you know if all the emails for today are sent out...or are they going to send more out?

Did anybody's status change on the USC status update website?

do you know if all the emails for today are sent out...or are they going to send more out?

I second this question. I thought USC send mass number of e-mails and I still don't see many people accepted. I wonder whether they have finished sending all e-mails or they are still in process...Hope someone who got information give us some feedback. Congrats to all who got accepted:thumbup:

Did anybody's status change on the USC status update website?

Hey Arvin I just checked USC's official status website and mine still says "alternate" so they must not have updated it yet after sending out the emails. Good luck and don't lose hope!

did anyone get accepted that didn't interview in sept. or early oct?

i hope more acceptances are going to be e-mailed!!! >_<

I was interviewed in September and I have not received e-mail yet! I am worry :scared: but I don't want to ask them. I don't know maybe one of the D1 students from USC who has spoken with Brian can give us some feedback.

Just noticed the email in my box! Seems the deposit is pretty intense, but regardless, good job everyone!

I'm in :D (got the email at 10:46 AM).

Interviewed Oct 30th.

From CA.

Pretty psyched. Time to celebrate :D

Going from UCLA to USC as a hardcore Bruin fan (member of the UCLA Drumline) is going to be ... weird. In fact, that was the first response on my facebook announcement that I got in: "Weird". Haha :p

Going from UCLA to USC as a hardcore Bruin fan (member of the UCLA Drumline) is going to be ... weird. In fact, that was the first response on my facebook announcement that I got in: "Weird". Haha :p

There are about 20 Bruins in the class of 2012. On the first day of orientation admissions wanted us to wear a shirt from our undergrad institution. Needless to say many of them opted out. Those that did got heckled a bit while walking through campus. :D

^ i too am a bruiner..

but willing to cross over to trojan status..

so USC ADCOM hurry up!! lol.

congrats R. and everyone else (even though i am secretly hating and envying u all).

congrats to c/o 2013

i interviewed 10/20 and got the acceptance email at 1:48pm eastern time...so exciting!!!

WhooWee! I am in as well! Interviewed September. I should go buy a bike like everyone else at USC.

thats funny that you said that JPDMD because i actually did buy a beach cruzer after seeing how cool they were at usc and i took it for a joy ride around campus when i found out the good news!

10/30 interview...not 10/20...sorry

10/30 interview...not 10/20...sorry

Hey, same day. Did I meet you? I'm Woodstock, drummer from Hawaii/UCLA. Are you planning to accept?

About the bikes, I was shocked that so many people left their bikes sitting outside of buildings unlocked. Bikes are constantly stolen at UCLA, I assumed USC would be the same or worse.

Hey, same day. Did I meet you? I'm Woodstock, drummer from Hawaii/UCLA. Are you planning to accept?

About the bikes, I was shocked that so many people left their bikes sitting outside of buildings unlocked. Bikes are constantly stolen at UCLA, I assumed USC would be the same or worse.

Hey Woodstock. I remember you from the interview. Im Hamid from UCLA I sat accross from you during lunch. I got in today too.

When I interviewed at USC, I noticed a LOT of unlocked bikes just lying around on bike racks. In fact, when I was on the phone, a girl actually pulled up to a bike rack next to me, left her bike there, and went into her apartment. It was sort of weird, because I heard from multiple people that the area around USC is supposed to be sort of shady.

I interviewed in Sept and no acceptance from USC... Anyone know if they might send some more tomorrow??

I interviewed in Sept and no acceptance from USC... Anyone know if they might send some more tomorrow??

I interviewed on september too. I did not get acceptance. I wonder if they have sent all the e-mails. We'll see by the end of this week.

Hey Woodstock, I think I remember seeing you...were you the one wearing a yamika (im Jewish too!)? I'm Lorry, the ski girl lol. I was very impressed by usc but my number one is still umdnj and my interview is Friday so depending on how that goes, I may or may not choose usc. What about you?

I interview the first date possible and received my offer of acceptance at 11:50 am AZ time..... I am pretty excited to know that I am now able to be a dentist!!! See most of you soon.

Hey guys congrats on the acceptances. I am a 2nd year and I love it. I am getting to the end of the semester and I am ready. I would be glad to answer any and all questions that you may have about the program housing whatever. Just PM and again congrats to all those who are accepted. Those of you that are still waiting don't worry USC sends out many acceptances throughout the cycle. I have a friend in my class that was interviewed on the last interview day and got in in May so don't worry there is still a long time to go.:thumbup:

Hey Woodstock. I remember you from the interview. Im Hamid from UCLA I sat accross from you during lunch. I got in today too.
Nice, congrats, I guess it's a good thing you rejected the East Coast schools last year then :p

Hey Woodstock, I think I remember seeing you...were you the one wearing a yamika (im Jewish too!)? I'm Lorry, the ski girl lol. I was very impressed by usc but my number one is still umdnj and my interview is Friday so depending on how that goes, I may or may not choose usc. What about you?

Hey, yea that's me. Why UMDNJ? Are you from the area? I'm about 99% sure I'm going to be a Trojan, barring a statistically impossible acceptance to UCLA (haven't heard anything from them yet). I still have interviews at UNLV and Tufts, and I have yet to hear from about a dozen other schools, but LA is the place for me (big Jewish community makes life a lot easier for an observant Jew). I guess the only other school that would give me pause would be NYU since it's probably cheaper than USC (nm, it's about the same :p) and NY has a massive Jewish community, but no word from them.

Last edited:
Nice, congrats, I guess it's a good thing you rejected the East Coast schools last year then :p

Hey, yea that's me. Why UMDNJ? Are you from the area? I'm about 99% sure I'm going to be a Trojan, barring a statistically impossible acceptance to UCLA (haven't heard anything from them yet). I still have interviews at UNLV and Tufts, and I have yet to hear from about a dozen other schools, but LA is the place for me (big Jewish community makes life a lot easier for an observant Jew). I guess the only other school that would give me pause would be NYU since it's probably cheaper than USC (nm, it's about the same :p) and NY has a massive Jewish community, but no word from them.

when i was looking at the tuition for both schools couple months ago, i remember NYU is actually couple thousand dollars more expensive than USC

nm...you edited your post already lol

Yeah, I live in NJ. The school is about a 1/2 hour from my house but also the 2 orthodontists that i work for are very involved with the school, and i would like to keep working for them part time through school. northern nj has a very big jewish population; that is an important factor for me as well. you are from Hawaii and your name is Woodstock, based on that alone I'm sure you will get more interviews hahaha.

I got in!!....got the email yesterday morning..interviewed oct7

deciding between USC and NYU now..

Yea I interviewed late november (i think 22nd). CONGRATS EVERYONE!

congraadzzzzz to all you guys.. i made it in toooooo yeyyy:)
are you guys able to oben the file that the attached to the email.. i keep getting error on my computer

USCF, Harvard, Umich, (all by phone on the 1st) and Stony Brook (today by phone)