***Howard University College of Dentistry c/o 2013 Official Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We got 6 members so far. I know more than 6 people got accepted. Please join the group so we can meet each other. Thanks

Considering I only live 30 mins away....and dental school is 4 years....and tuition is so low....the people are so nice....and HUCD just ROCKSSS....

this is starting to look like a #1 : )

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahahahahahhaha I know. I live 5-8 mins walking distance from Howard lol and its the cheapest private school so I know I am in good hands hahahhahaahha by the way people I am an international student so I love Howard for what it does for us. No other school looks out for us like Howard does.

Well guys we are now up t o7 members in the facebook group lol. I guess thats the class guys lol. If your accepted to Howard for this cycle please join the group.

This is a thread for all those accepted in Howard University class of 2013. Post here!!!! I got mine today via AADSAS. Anybody gotten an official letter as yet? Please join the facebook group for our class here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18183196861

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!

I'm in!..and I rejoined facebook.

I just picked up the package today guys, wahoo!!

hey im in and joined facebook too!!!! soo excited! okay so when do we get our package!?
-yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all. I got an email from Howard saying I should come pick up my acceptance packet but this email I think is only for those in the area. I live 5 mins to campus so its easy for me, heck I work in the Hospital which is in the same place as the dental school hahahah. Atleast now I know I am in for sure!!!! If you have not gotten the letter yet. You will get it soon trust me.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday!

I'm in CA for any of those wondering.

Got mine yesterday and I'm so excited! :biglove:

Just got mine. Ill holla at yall next Fall.

Congrats everybody! I am applying to the med school and I have my interview on wednesday. Hopefully(In Jesus Name) I will meet you all next fall! God bless!

Congrats everybody! I am applying to the med school and I have my interview on wednesday. Hopefully(In Jesus Name) I will meet you all next fall! God bless!

From your other threads, I can see how much you want to attend Howard and I'm sure they will see that same passion during your interviews. Plus, you have a whole bunch of prayers that will be going with you to that interview, including mine. You're untouchable man! :luck::xf::luck:

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:)

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the interview since obviously everyone here has gone through it...My interview is March 2 (I know late) but I did a retake on the DAT and had to resend my scores. Anyway what do yal think my chances are being that these are some of the last interview sessions?? The other option was Feb 20 but I needed more time to make arrangements (flying from tx)...I figured wk difference wasnt going to matter that much what do yal think??

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the interview since obviously everyone here has gone through it...My interview is March 2 (I know late) but I did a retake on the DAT and had to resend my scores. Anyway what do yal think my chances are being that these are some of the last interview sessions?? The other option was Feb 20 but I needed more time to make arrangements (flying from tx)...I figured wk difference wasnt going to matter that much what do yal think??

Thanks for checking in, , I replied to you on facebook. Check it when you get a chance. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance, just wondering what were your stats for those that got accepted to Howard, I plan on applying to Howard University. Also, I am caucasian and from Afghanistan, with a overall gpa:3.1 and science gpa:2.9 DAT:19/18/19, I'm also a dental hygienist for the past 3 yrs. what are my chances of getting in? thanks for the help and good luck to you all.

hey everyone, congrats on your acceptance, just wondering what were your stats for those that got accepted to Howard, I plan on applying to Howard University. Also, I am caucasian and from Afghanistan, with a overall gpa:3.1 and science gpa:2.9 DAT:19/18/19, I'm also a dental hygienist for the past 3 yrs. what are my chances of getting in? thanks for the help and good luck to you all.

i suggest doing a post-bac program to raise your science GPA...you can always explain your overall but a low science GPA is hard to explain....good luck

Hi,
I had an interview at Howard on January 30. A week later my AADSAS status said "offer made", and just last week it also says "applicant has been offered admission in 2009 D1 class." However, I have not recieved any letter or package from Howard. I was just wondering how long does it ususally take to hear from the school after the interview. And just out of curiousity can you please tell me how much the deposit is to hold a seat in Howard. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Hi All! I Interviewed on January 30th too and I got my acceptance 5 days later. I'm Mike from CA. Also, about the packets, I called them and they said they just sent all the packets out yesterday, so we should be getting them any day now. I believe they said that we have a month to get them an $800 money order - they don't take check.

Hi All! I Interviewed on January 30th too and I got my acceptance 5 days later. I'm Mike from CA. Also, about the packets, I called them and they said they just sent all the packets out yesterday, so we should be getting them any day now. I believe they said that we have a month to get them an $800 money order - they don't take check.

you guys should join the facebook group..

vicviper did you find out through aadsas? and when you say 5 days do you mean from the friday you interviewed? like you found out the middle of the following week?

Does anyone know how many seats are left?

Yes, I interviewed on Friday, and my AADSAS was updated the next Wednesday morning. From what they told us, they have two interview sessions on two Fridays, and then the next Wednesday they have the ADCOM meeting to decide who gets in. They said that you will hear back from them the Friday after the ADCOM meeting.

I think they may still be doing interviews, call and ask, the staff was very friendly! I definitely really liked Howard, the faculty and staff were really awesome people.But, I think I'll be turning down my seat because I got my acceptance packet from Pittsburgh today, so there's another seat for you.

Good luck!

I had the interview this friday but there is a last interview section on March 2nd. They told us we would know by March 15th. I was just wondering if perhaps I would be lucky to find out this wednesday but I guess I would have to take till after march 2nd?! I really really loved Howard and just can wait to find out. Thanks :0)

hey GMDMD2B, you said that you interviewed on Friday 20? if yes, just hang in there, You just might hear back this Friday. I Interviewed at Howard on Feb 6 and heard back the thursday after the adcoms met:)
Just try and hang in there. Ill be praying for u. :thumbup:

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.Yes It was the 20th. It's just such a difficult wait since I really want to go there. I thought the ADCOM met after every interview. Thanks again red :0)

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.Yes It was the 20th. It's just such a difficult wait since I really want to go there. I thought the ADCOM met after every interview. Thanks again red :0)

Hey GMDMD!! I was at your interview session on Friday and I'm hoping to hear back soon too! I really liked our interview group so I really hope all of us get in. BTW this is alex (curly hair). I guess we just have to wait thats the hardest part....... =(

hey girl!! I keep checking my aadsas like a darn fool...lol. The wait is a killer! I loved our little group too!! And everyone in this blog seems really nice and helpful too so thats always a major plus.!! I will contact you ASAP if I hear something. :) Yey! I am just trying to stay positive...scary. Any info on your part? I know you were meeting up with some of the D1's?

No Problem GMDMD2B and good luck to you determined1dent :)

I'm definitely gonna pray for all of you. I know exactly how you feel. I was pulling my hair out for the 2 measley weeks we had to wait b4 dec. 1st rolled around. Just keep yourselves occupied and the time will fly by.....hopefully LOL....Good Luck!!!

It's def a hard wait. :0) Thank so much.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for being so supportive...it really shows some positive attributes of the incoming class. :)

GMDMD2B I'm guessing you were the one that lives in NJ?? Didnt know if you wanted me to post your name on here. I will def. let you know if I hear anything...don't be silly girl I'll be checking my AADSAS everyday too!! Anyway thanks for all the prayers guys!! I'm really excited to meet everyone if everything works out! =)

you all will be fine...dont stress to much. hope to see yall in the fall..

I saw someone post their interview feedback for HUCD for March 2nd. If you come across this please let us know how it went or any other info they gave you.

hey guys i was just wondering do you know what the howard plaza east apartments are like and if there is a waitlist to get an apartment? thanks in advance!!

I just got accepted to Howard College of Medicine and I wanted to come in here and say wassup to my soon to be neighbors and God bless everybody applying and I pray that you all get the desires of your hearts. I also wanted to say I look forward to seeing you guys/gals in the fall.

Anybody know what kind of laptops they make us buy??

when I visited it was some type of Toshiba laptop that was touch screen that you can write on...not sure about this yr though. Does anyone know if the class is full already? I interviewed In late feb and havent heard anything yet =(

Are any of you guys doing PARP? Or are they not having PARP this year for the Dental students?