Update Fall Grades Mandatory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it mandatory to update? Especially if I haven't gotten interviews yet?

Or have an interview in Feb....
They will expect that to be in their file for me, correct?

Just wondering if it will hurt or help?

I am taking Biochem, Microbio, Human Phys...

Biochem... the grade I get on my final will probably be my final grade... nothing lower than a B possible I think

Microbio = A or A-

Human Phys.... EEK!!! B?

My GPA right now is not too high so it def won't bring it down per say... but stilll

Any input would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

It's very important to update, I know someone who did not get into dental school the first year with a 3.9 and a 23 AA because she forgot to update on time. she got into UCLA the following year with no problem (she updated on time)

It's very important to update, I know someone who did not get into dental school the first year with a 3.9 and a 23 AA because she forgot to update on time. she got into UCLA the following year with no problem (she updated on time)

Hmm I think you convinced me.. haha.

I guess hoping they may not noticed is not the best way... jk :)

Also, does anyone know what an "acceptable" grade for biochem is? I usually don't get B's in sciences but Biochem is a B****!!! Studying right now... SORTA

Members don't see this ad :)
You take it in your first year as a D1 so do the best you can, I landed an A :)

what does "update on time" mean?
and I don't understand why this was so detrimental...
will the schools ask you to update? or is it assumed that you will? because AADSAS has made it sound like an option, not something that is mandatory...

Hey. Yeah I would update, because it if you havn't had many interview invites, they could be waiting for fall grades. Biochem is a tough class, but do the best you can on the final.......if you do your best and get a B, its ok, would'nt loose sleep over it. Just as long as your total GPA doesn't drop significantly, you should be fine. Good luck with finals!

Your application may be on hold for fall grades without them officially telling you. If you submit grades then it will only help your chances of either an interview or tilt the scales your way for an acceptance. Its cutthroat when it comes to getting an acceptance or a rejection so put everything in your favor.

what does "update on time" mean?
and I don't understand why this was so detrimental...
will the schools ask you to update? or is it assumed that you will? because AADSAS has made it sound like an option, not something that is mandatory...

on AADSAS there is a window of time for updating your spring and fall grades , its from December to Fabruary 1th and yes it is very important, they want to know how you have done after you applied or got accepted, as I said I know someone who did not get in only because she forgot to update, the schools told her that, and of course they do not force you to update, but there is a good chance you will not get in, because the schools do care about the grades after you apply, TRUST ME. Actually some schools wait to see your updated grades and classes before they give you interviews or acceptances.

When you update AADSAS (since u can only do this once im afraid to open it and then not be able to go back and fix it).... do you put in your grades on there as we did before?

And then send your transcript as "proof"?

Also... for courses to be taken... if I am signed up for courses right now but may not take one of them, should I still list it if its on my schedule at the time of filling it out?

I don't think it is mandatory. I heard that it's only a "chance" to update your record.

When you update AADSAS (since u can only do this once im afraid to open it and then not be able to go back and fix it).... do you put in your grades on there as we did before?

And then send your transcript as "proof"?

Also... for courses to be taken... if I am signed up for courses right now but may not take one of them, should I still list it if its on my schedule at the time of filling it out?

yep you do as u did before and when you are all done submit ( the submit is on the checklist page) so is ok to change around your update, as long as you have not pressed submit on the checklist page you can add on stuff, but remember do it before February, and yes list everything, but let the schools know if you drop something.

I don't think it is mandatory. I heard that it's only a "chance" to update your record.

As I said no one is going to force you to update, but there is a good chance to not get interviews or acceptances, I have had cases,
it's not like you can hide your grades and get accepted, the schools will ask for it later on, if you have already got interviews. and many schools wait to see your update before giving you an acceptance. This is what I know based on my experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
How will schools take to switich a course to pass/fail, it was a "just for fun class". Missed a few exams so I switched to pass fail and will earn a P

As I said no one is going to force you to update, but there is a good chance to not get interviews or acceptances, I have had cases,
it's not like you can hide your grades and get accepted, the schools will ask for it later on, if you have already got interviews. and many schools wait to see your update before giving you an acceptance. This is what I know based on my experience.

Oh, now I see. I thought you meant that people who have already been accepted could get their offers rescinded if they don't update. :idea:

I called a few schools that i was waiting on yesterday.. and Temple was the only one that asked me to send in my updated grades. The rest said it was not necessary/needed..

I called a few schools that i was waiting on yesterday.. and Temple was the only one that asked me to send in my updated grades. The rest said it was not necessary/needed..

What schools specifically? And is this before or after an interview

What schools specifically? And is this before or after an interview

I know Indiana wants updates. I didn't check to see if you applied there but hoefully it will help someone out?

Oh, now I see. I thought you meant that people who have already been accepted could get their offers rescinded if they don't update. :idea:

well that could also happen if you refuse to let them know your grades, for example UOP specifically wants us to update them on all our grades. I know many schools ask for your transcripts in addition to update when you get accepted, so basically Update everything and be safe.

Are there any schools that want an unofficial copy of your transcript to speed up their process? Only once school has requested this from me saying my interview is "pending" until they see my grades..... :scared:

Or should I individually call the schools to find out?

I got accepted to Marquette University and they said on there acceptance packet that we must send transcripts immediately after each quarter. It also said the acceptance was conditional on my maintaining my GPA. I got an A in Microbiology but a C in Neurodevelopment :scared: (missed a midterm due to interviews...). I was accepted with a 3.0 so I think I'm ok, a mean this A and C translate to a 3.0...
I'm still trying to find out if I need to do the academic update on AADSAS, I'll let you guys know what they say...

Are there any schools that want an unofficial copy of your transcript to speed up their process? Only once school has requested this from me saying my interview is "pending" until they see my grades..... :scared:

Or should I individually call the schools to find out?

I would call the schools if I were you - no reason not to be thorough - but I'm fairly new to this whole thing. If your grades are pretty good then you could probably just send them without asking.

When you update your record, is that reflected in your AADSAS GPAs?

When you update your record, is that reflected in your AADSAS GPAs?

After you update your record you must submit new transcripts to AADSAS and they will recalculate your GPA.

BTW for those of you accepted at Marquette University...
Brian Trecek (director of admissions) told me we do not need to do the AADSAS academic update, but we do need to send transcripts directly to Marquette as indicated in the acceptance packet.