Inservice Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iloveer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the inservice draws near, does anyone have any question books they recommend other than Peer VII?

I came across the mock inservice test posted on the CORD website. Unfortunately my program doesn't use the cord tests and so we don't have access? Is there anyway I can access this for my own practice purposes?

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO, the PEER questions are your best bet. You aren't missing anything with the CORD tests, unless they have been significantly revamped in the past few years.

Carol Rivers writes a good book,although the name escapes me. I used the PEER questions (both 6 and 7) and thought they were excellent. Be sure to read the entire answer, as that's where the deepest learning came for me.

Thanks for your advice.

I have heard similar opinions regarding the CORD questions, however, apparently the mock inservice this year is great practice and provides a comparable feel for the actual exam.

Does anyone know how I can access this if my residency program does not subscribe to the website. http://www.cordtests.org/ (listed as Mock Inservice 100 questions)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I echo the feeling about the CORD tests, they are poorly written questions that have very limited applicability in my opinion. The PEER questions are really well written and have great explanations as well. If you are looking for other resources (albeit, not questions), the National Emergency Medicine Board Review Course and the materials from the course (such as audio copies, online access, etc) are really excellent.

Regarding CORD tests. They seem vague and poorly written, but do they resemble and reflect the inservice questions? Nevermind that PEER has great questions and explanations, if they aren't like the inservice questions. I think the CORD questions are closer to the inservice questions than the PEER questions. And if that's true, doing CORD questions provide a better simulation. Opinions?

as a resident who is required to take the cordtests. i think they are overrated. peer is much better prep and more similar to inservice. cordtests will often quote rosens from the 90s! even if the info is correct, the reference is out of date and therefore those questions should be refurbished or removed.