best cbts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nellia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so this has probably been asked before, or is hidden somewhere in some threads and i am not finding it, so i would appreciate anyone who has knowledge on this topic to give me some advice. i am going to be a third time taker (yuck) and I am trying to figure out what CBT's to use to do my full lengths. Which ones are the best ? I have done seriously all the AAMCs during my first and second go at the MCAT.( not to mention, i did really well on them ! however, not so much on the actual mcat.. eek) i also have done some of the kaplan ones. which ones do you guys think are the most realistic and the best practice? any feedback would be appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

so this has probably been asked before, or is hidden somewhere in some threads and i am not finding it, so i would appreciate anyone who has knowledge on this topic to give me some advice. i am going to be a third time taker (yuck) and I am trying to figure out what CBT's to use to do my full lengths. Which ones are the best ? I have done seriously all the AAMCs during my first and second go at the MCAT.( not to mention, i did really well on them ! however, not so much on the actual mcat.. eek) i also have done some of the kaplan ones. which ones do you guys think are the most realistic and the best practice? any feedback would be appreciated !

I've always heard that the last few AAMC exams were the best ones (7-10). I've heard good things about some of the BR exams too. I'll let you know in a few weeks how good the BR CBTs are after I take my first one. :)

1. AAMC 6-10
2. Kaplan 1-6
3. BR 1-7

These are loosely ranked. In general, the AAMC are considered good, though during the past round of MCATs, there were a number of people that preferred Kaplan.

Members don't see this ad :)

Well, if you have access to Kaplan FLs, I would do some of them. Kaplan FL 1-6 are best like said above. BR would be good. Just have to buy them like $100.

I would also recommend PR, but you would have to pay out alot of money.

I say the real one feels like a AAMC but has the difficulty of a Kaplan or worse. There are some passages that were just out there and really hard to understand fully.

Yea the real exam felt tough compared to the AAMC ones, but I ended up with the same score as my AAMC average, so what everyone says about using the AAMC scores to gauge your real score is correct imo. altho using harder tests like kaplan to practice wouldn't hurt. But if you are burning out/don't have much time, I'd say use AAMC cbts.

Yea the real exam felt tough compared to the AAMC ones, but I ended up with the same score as my AAMC average, so what everyone says about using the AAMC scores to gauge your real score is correct imo. altho using harder tests like kaplan to practice wouldn't hurt. But if you are burning out/don't have much time, I'd say use AAMC cbts.

thanks for answering my question everyone ! regarding the above post, my experience was completely the opposite. i was finishing the AAMC exams and getting 33s, 34s, etc on them. i was also finishing the bio with a bunch of time, same with the physical and verbal although not as much. when i get to the real thing, i feel pressed for time. i think i kind of freak out when i see the exam and the crazy passages they have..

1. AAMC 6-10
2. Kaplan 1-6
3. BR 1-7

These are loosely ranked. In general, the AAMC are considered good, though during the past round of MCATs, there were a number of people that preferred Kaplan.

I keep on seeing this, but how are the later kaplans? I know FL 10-11 are supposed to be uber-tough and unrepresentative, but what about FL 7-9? I think I remember reading somewhere on SDN that people especially recommended FL 9...

Just to clarify: if I have not paid over a thousand dollars to join a Kaplan class, I cannot get access to their full-length exams (aside from the free one), correct?

Also: does anyone have any advice on which of the Berkley Review practice exams are better? 1-3 or 4-7?

Thanks!

I keep on seeing this, but how are the later kaplans? I know FL 10-11 are supposed to be uber-tough and unrepresentative, but what about FL 7-9? I think I remember reading somewhere on SDN that people especially recommended FL 9...

They're significantly tougher and if you've been using some of Kaplan's other online resources (ex. topical tests), you'll see more and more repeat questions.

Just to clarify: if I have not paid over a thousand dollars to join a Kaplan class, I cannot get access to their full-length exams (aside from the free one), correct?

Also: does anyone have any advice on which of the Berkley Review practice exams are better? 1-3 or 4-7?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you have to pay for Kaplan's online course to gain access to all of their tests.

I don't know which BR tests are better. I haven't heard anyone complain about specific tests. It's usually a simple, "BR has good FLs" kind of statement.

I don't know which BR tests are better. I haven't heard anyone complain about specific tests. It's usually a simple, "BR has good FLs" kind of statement.

what the hell is up with berkeley review's website? if i'm to understand this correctly after scrolling through their oddly organized site, i have to print out an order form and mail it to them? since i don't have a printer, this isn't happening. yea, i know that's lazy, but why can't you pay online? :mad:

what the hell is up with berkeley review's website? if i'm to understand this correctly after scrolling through their oddly organized site, i have to print out an order form and mail it to them? since i don't have a printer, this isn't happening. yea, i know that's lazy, but why can't you pay online? :mad:

That is the only way to order it unfortunately. You need to print out the form, fill it out, and mail it. You'll then receive access to their CBTs via e-mail in about 2 weeks after mailing the form.

Bump.

If anyone could post links to practice tests that they recommend other than the AAMC tests I would be extremely grateful.

Honestly the best one is AAMC

I haven't liked the CBTs of anything else

So I decided to take the review books I had: TBR, EK, TPRH SW and used a random generator to build my own PS and BS tests

That way I can also control what topics are more likely on my test as well

Like my BS Sections that I build have 5 orgo passages and 3 Bio passages because I'm weaker in Orgo

I don't manually pick them, I randomize it like I said but I'll put a higher proportional of specific type of passages in the randomizer

Then I'll split it into groups. And then work through my own tests

The only downside is I don't get discretes

You'll probably be more relaxed next time now that you've seen The Beast once.
zQaVCNl