***Official University of Detroit Mercy c/o 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayneSU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since no one has started a UDM acceptance thread, i will

I interviewed some time in November and got the call Dec. 1

By the way, i also got into other schools including Michigan (I'm a Mi resident) and chose Detroit mercy.....how could u not?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a MI resident too and Detroit Mercy impressed me so much when I interviewed there. Much more than the other schools I was accepted to. I am sending out my deposit Monday! :)

Haven't "officially" decided but strongly leaning toward UDM. Thanks for starting this thread. I just discovered it today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am jumping on the band wagon! See you all later this year! :biglove:

p.s. did anybody start a facebook group for us?

p.p.s. does anybody know if it is in any way possible to live in Windsor and commute to school everyday as an American?!? Windsor is sooooo much cheaper and safer than Detroit... I know that a student or work visa is probably needed, but do you think I could get one from the University of Windsor b/c of their relationship with UDM law school?

how were you all notified about your interviews? snail mail, email or phone call?

I too am jumping on the band wagon! See you all later this year! :biglove:

p.s. did anybody start a facebook group for us?

p.p.s. does anybody know if it is in any way possible to live in Windsor and commute to school everyday as an American?!? Windsor is sooooo much cheaper and safer than Detroit... I know that a student or work visa is probably needed, but do you think I could get one from the University of Windsor b/c of their relationship with UDM law school?
One problem w/a Windsor commute could be getting tied up in traffic at the bridge or tunnel. How about the Royal Oak area?

UDM for me!

I haven't seen a facebook group yet.

I know a couple of Wayne medical students that live in Canada, I'm sure that it would be possible. I am not sure about dealing with regulations though. The next time I see them I will ask if I remember.

One problem w/a Windsor commute could be getting tied up in traffic at the bridge or tunnel. How about the Royal Oak area?

Yea that's true, I have heard about that being an issue. RO area is where I am now, it's not bad...can make it to the school in ~15 mins.

Do to the price of living in Windsor and how close it is to the school (and some other personal reasons) I liked the idea better than Royal Oak. Now I love Royal Oak but I feel like I am ready to live in a really nice place and I can't afford it in the Michigan area lol. If it doesn't work I think I might live in Troy (right next to Royal Oak) I love that area and Somerset mall hehe. The commute across the border is also not a huge deal to me because I can get Nexus, and I also cross the border all the time already.

Also, someone make us a facebook group! :D

Do to the price of living in Windsor and how close it is to the school (and some other personal reasons) I liked the idea better than Royal Oak. Now I love Royal Oak but I feel like I am ready to live in a really nice place and I can't afford it in the Michigan area lol. If it doesn't work I think I might live in Troy (right next to Royal Oak) I love that area and Somerset mall hehe. The commute across the border is also not a huge deal to me because I can get Nexus, and I also cross the border all the time already.

Also, someone make us a facebook group! :D
There is a group called "UDM Dental Students".

So I was bored in class today and created a facebook group for us:
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry Class of 2013!

Its nothing too fancy, but its a start. Let me know if you want to add anything. I need a cooler picture...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I will be attending as well!!!! Everything about the school was nice, the faculty, students, and facilities. So just wanted to say........see you guys this summer!!!:)

I'll be there too!! I got the call this afternoon and I can't wait to meet everyone this fall. See you guys in a couple months!

Found out on Friday the 13th!!! Very intense interview. But I am REALLY excited about the people that have been accepted into the 2013 class so far. I know of about 8 already, and it's gonna be FUN!!!

Last edited:
How do I pay the deposit, and do they accept cridet, and do i give it to the admissions office.

Thanks!

You can send a check. Not sure if they accept credit for the deposit. Be sure you send it to the dental school on Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. and not UDM's main campus.

it should say where to send the money at the bottom of your acceptance letter. I sent a check.

Should be seeing you all in August!