Pharmacy School vs. Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxliteguy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The pharmacy school you attend affects your rotation site but does it largely affect your salary when you eventually graduate?

Members don't see this ad.

The pharmacy school you attend affects your rotation site but does it largely affect your salary when you eventually graduate?
yes it does...expect to make about 20 dollars less an hour if you went to a crappy school

yes it does...expect to make about 20 dollars less an hour if you went to a crappy school

Absolutely not true. It's about $11 dollars difference.

Members don't see this ad :)

what distinguishes a crappy school from a good school?

Northstate vs. USC?

what distinguishes a crappy school from a good school?

Northstate vs. USC?
exactly...a USC grad can expect to make a lot more money an hour than a northstate grad

Crappy school = new unaccredited stand-alone school
Good school = long time accredited prestigious expensive school

exactly...a USC grad can expect to make a lot more money an hour than a northstate grad

what's the difference of hourly pay between:

USC grad vs. Western grad
USC grad vs. UOP grad
USC grad vs. UCSF grad
USC grad vs. Touro grad
Calfornia grad vs. Out of State grad?

what's the difference of hourly pay between:

USC grad vs. Western grad
USC grad vs. UOP grad
USC grad vs. UCSF grad
USC grad vs. Touro grad
Calfornia grad vs. Out of State grad?

top to bottom

$13
$11
-$2
$17
$23

We're talking about South Carolina right? Their grads do well because I think DiPiro is there.

I got accepted to 2 crappy schools, Touro and Northstate. Which one makes more money?

Touro grads will make 77 cents per hour more.

Members don't see this ad :)
The single biggest determinant of a pharmacists salary is their ability to use the search function on SDN for inane topics that have been revisited millions of times.

Not lookin good for you, buddy.

The single biggest determinant of a pharmacists salary is their ability to use the search function on SDN for inane topics that have been revisited millions of times.

Not lookin good for you, buddy.

How much more will I make if I use the search function effectively?

Thank you. I will attend Touro. I figured it out how much that would be per year. $1350. :eek:

Actually it's $1601.10 per year. There are 2080 hours per year.

And they are saying juvenile dementia doesn't exist...

I can't tell if you guys are being serious or sarcastic in this thread.

I was under the impression that where you go doesn't make a big difference in salary.

I was under the impression that where you go doesn't make a big difference in salary.
i hope this forum didn't give you that impression...I always thought it was pretty well known that your pay is scaled to what school you went to...

Love the avatar and handle. :) I have a level 70 female orc rogue. :D

And, everyone is just having fun and being sarcastic in the thread.

best thread in weeks. zyvox, for once your posts were super helpful

Here at UIC, you learn all about bribery and closed door deals.

I have a confidential salary list with a list of base salaries based on pharmacy schools. You should see the salary for foreign grads..

I can't post the list because it's "confidential."

If you went to a pharmacy school in Nigeria; where you learn about blood leaching and your classes are in grass huts, you make $11 less an hour.

If you went to the Philippines where they are using a Dipiro from 1960 you make $6 less an hour.

California schools you make the most money, an extra $22 an hour.

If you went to a pharmacy school in Nigeria; where you learn about blood leaching and your classes are in grass huts, you make $11 less an hour.

If you went to the Philippines where they are using a Dipiro from 1960 you make $6 less an hour.

California schools you make the most money, an extra $22 an hour.

you stole my list?

Pharmacy students that play horde characters while attending school make exactly $13.37 more an hour than those that play alliance characters.

For the Horde!

Pharmacy students that play horde characters while attending school make exactly $13.37 more an hour than those that play alliance characters.

For the Horde!

Fungus is a eukaryotic organism.. I just thought I would throw out a worthless trivia..

Woo! I'ma be rich, then. :D Do I get even more since I'm female?

But after subtracting $20 some dollars for not going to a CA school, addition of $13.37 per hour might let you pay off your debt.. in like 50 years.

But after subtracting $20 some dollars for not going to a CA school, addition of $13.37 per hour might let you pay off your debt.. in like 50 years.

But then you realize CA is bankrupt and oops! No more money left to pay CA pharmacists, so I take my $13.37 an hour plus whatever the heck they were making. :D

You got it all wrong!!! You get penalized for going to a third tier California school (they are all third tier in the republic of Kalifornia). California grads are considered on the same level as foreign grads since California is like a whole separate country.

Haha...best thread on here in a long time. :laugh::laugh: