2009-2010 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompt

None

LOR Reqs

Committee letter

OR

2 science letters, 1 non-science letter, and 1 optional letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
groovy UV! who else loves new england?

EDIT: their website says that "several weeks" after they get your AMCAS, they'll send you instructions on how to access the secondary.

Last edited:
ill be applying to a lot of new england schools as well

Members don't see this ad :)
born and raised in new england - hoping to go back!

Just went to Quebec a couple weeks ago for a little vacation and flew into Burlington. Walked around the campus a bit. Definitely a beautiful place, one of my top choices! Not applying until next cycle though... maybe see some of you there someday!

The only reason I'm applying to this school is because of the New England food...and the leaves in the fall...and the great med school. Yah, I'm in :D

The only reason I'm applying to this school is because of the New England food...and the leaves in the fall...and the great med school. Yah, I'm in :D
stop applying everywhere i am..........:smuggrin:

Don't worry! There's room in Burlington for all of us. Plenty. Of. Room.

That said, UVM itself is quite nice :)

I really like the Burlington area and the school is great, as an added bonus my uncle and cousins live in Burlington, I am looking forward (hopefully) to an interview.

is UVM stat heavy? i am debating whether i should add it, my mcat is pretty low :scared:

is UVM stat heavy? i am debating whether i should add it, my mcat is pretty low :scared:
well i dont know personally but based on the msar it takes some of the lower stats of any school. If you are in the 28-31 mcat range and worried id think they are a good add. I tihnk they are very primary care not research orientated though.

Secondary anyone????? I don't like the waiting game :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary anyone????? I don't like the waiting game :(
It looks like secondaries came out 7/11 last year. I would think you should see one any time now if you've been verified.

Can someone tell me about the surrounding area of UVM, and maybe the atmosphere of the campus if you go to the school or know someone who does?
Thanks

I just received a "secondary" and then "technical difficulties" email.

Could someone post the essays for those of us who haven't received the email yet?

Can someone tell me about the surrounding area of UVM, and maybe the atmosphere of the campus if you go to the school or know someone who does?
Thanks

It is in the middle of nowhere. Not a great scene haha. Pretty old place too.

it's quiet, not the most diverse. they have a great hospital and great campus.

Anyone OOS receive this secondary yet? Are they screening?

Thanks for your help!

they dont screen and near nobody has got the 2ndary i wouldnt worry about iut yet,

actually i got the working secondary this morning and submitted... not trying to sound like a gunner, it's just an easy peasy secondary with loyola sitting on the rack.

actually i got the working secondary this morning and submitted... not trying to sound like a gunner, it's just an easy peasy secondary with loyola sitting on the rack.
did you received the email for it last week though or today/

can you post the prompt if there are any essays?! thanks :)

can you post the prompt if there are any essays?! thanks :)

no essay, there's an optional info section but i wouldn't write about why you chose UVM because there's a multiple choice box for that (you can choose reputation, clinical care, etc) and you have to explain if any of your coursework deviates from their requirements, but that's it

no essay, there's an optional info section but i wouldn't write about why you chose UVM because there's a multiple choice box for that (you can choose reputation, clinical care, etc) and you have to explain if any of your coursework deviates from their requirements, but that's it

Sweet. Thanks for posting that! Now I have one less secondary to fear!

I just got the email, but once I created my account it says to wait for an email with instructions on how to actually complete the secondary. I can't find a link anywhere in the online applicant center. Anyone else having this problem?

I just got the email, but once I created my account it says to wait for an email with instructions on how to actually complete the secondary. I can't find a link anywhere in the online applicant center. Anyone else having this problem?

It took me a couple minutes to find but it is there, it's in the online applicant center on the lefthand side.

I logged out and back in and now the link appeared. Thanks.

Even a university packet of letters needs a non-science letter?! Ugh. There's always another problem during this process.

OK, I am preparing myself for dozens of "you crazy, neurotic pre-med" responses, but I gotta ask: Is there a wrong answer to multiple choice question "What Made You Decide to Apply" on this ap?

so i am OOS, and got a secondary today. does that mean anything or do they just send them to everyone?

i got the secondary today also. how friendly is this school to OOS? couldn't find it on their website.

i got the secondary today also. how friendly is this school to OOS? couldn't find it on their website.

I think it's pretty friendly compared to some other state schools.

It is in the middle of nowhere. Not a great scene haha. Pretty old place too.

burlington is not the middle of nowhere. it's an adorable small town.

Nothing in Vermont qualifies as a city, so they can't even play this game! Maybe they could try for healthiest desolate state. But I'm sure some places out in the midwest would put up a big fight. Or even Alaska.

why are you applying here if it's so desolate? :rolleyes:

also, being a "city" doesn't have to do with how big and flashy it is. it has to do with how the government is structured. i grew up in a tiny city in MA (only 28,000) but it was a city because of how the local law defined our government, making it a city government and not a town one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Vermont

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City

I logged out and back in and now the link appeared. Thanks.

me too.

OK, I am preparing myself for dozens of "you crazy, neurotic pre-med" responses, but I gotta ask: Is there a wrong answer to multiple choice question "What Made You Decide to Apply" on this ap?

NO.

Last edited:
its very very friendly. 74/111 students in the class are OOS. Its a public school and it seems they do give a preference to their own in state, its just that almost no in state people apply there. Only 91/5772 apps last year were in state residents. however like 63/91 in state residents got interviews.

Last edited:
I typed something in the additional information box...but when I reached the verification page, the box is empty. When I hit previous, what I wrote is there. Anyone else having the same problem?

Also, my gen. bio II class has an "N" under the lab column on the verification page even though it was a combined lab and lecture course. Weird.

I typed something in the additional information box...but when I reached the verification page, the box is empty. When I hit previous, what I wrote is there. Anyone else having the same problem?

Had the same problem. I logged out and then logged back in and the information was there.

Also, my gen. bio II class has an "N" under the lab column on the verification page even though it was a combined lab and lecture course. Weird.
yes i had the same problem. Icalled the school and they said its a problem for many applicants, but they assured me its there on their system so dont worry. Also you can log back in and out before or after submission and it will usually show up.

where is my secondary?! :(
itll come they dont screen so at least you dont have to be left in the dark!:) this thing literally takes 5 mins max to fill out. The longest part for me was writing down the different towns and states i lived in and what ages and their populations. I have moved around constantly my whole life so it was like listing 15 places haha...:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.