Anyone heard from Colorado?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atticus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
The title is pretty self explanatory, but have any of you heard anything from Colorado yet? I was mailed on 8/10 and haven't heard a word...

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
The title is pretty self explanatory, but have any of you heard anything from Colorado yet? I was mailed on 8/10 and haven't heard a word...

I got this e-mail 8/21.
The University of Colorado Denver School of Dental Medicine has received your 2010 AADSAS application for dental school. Your application is now under review and we will be in contact with you by e-mail to inform you of the next step in our application process.

I was in the first batch ands till nothing. I am out of state btw.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my app the beginning of August and haven't gotten any response. * shrugs*

Just got an email from them yesterday stating that they recieved my application..... WTF took so long... ahahahah

Everything's a little slow with the application process at Colorado. I was just talking to Barbara (the lady who runs the admissions process) on Friday about her labor day weekend, and she mentioned not having much time for anything due to the more than 700 applications she still had to look through! I'm sure there are/were more applicants as well, maybe those are just the ones that get further consideration.

Anyway, this wonderful lady basically has to do everything by herself, so stuff takes time. I waited so long (until Feb.) to hear anything about an interview I had all but given up on Colorado. Just be patient, put down a deposit on another school if you get accepted before hearing from Colorado, and good luck everyone applying to CU for 2010!

I just heard from Colorado this morning... I live in Hawaii and Barbara called me at like five in the morning. I just got an interview scheduled for next week, 9/25:D. Like people are already saying, the applications at Colorado can take forever...and ever. Last year I waited until feb to hear anything. I turned in my app this year the second day it was open, June 3rd I think. Good luck to everyone who has applied!!!

I just heard from Colorado this morning... I live in Hawaii and Barbara called me at like five in the morning. I just got an interview scheduled for next week, 9/25:D. Like people are already saying, the applications at Colorado can take forever...and ever. Last year I waited until feb to hear anything. I turned in my app this year the second day it was open, June 3rd I think. Good luck to everyone who has applied!!!

I'm very interested in colorado as well. Did you submit any secondary fees or anything? Because I have not heard from them beside an email that they've received my application. Thanks!

I'm very interested in colorado as well. Did you submit any secondary fees or anything? Because I have not heard from them beside an email that they've received my application. Thanks!
Once you get a call from Barbara in the admissions office you will get an email from Randy Kluender, the Dean of Admissions. On that email they will have three or forms attached, which you fill out and return to them before your interview. It is with this secondary information that you send in a 50 dollar check. If you, or anybody, has any questions about Colorado in general feel free to ask. Im a senior this year but I applied last year as well (in hopes of early admissions... obviously it didnt work out haha) so I know a few things about their application process

I called them yesterday to confirm that my application was complete, and the person who answered the phone was very brief saying that if I got the email they are processing it. She said that if they are going to consider me they will contact me and confirm that I have completed everything...

Last edited:
FYI in the past interviews have been on a Saturday and in a large (~15) group. This year they are on Mondays and Fridays and in smaller groups, but more frequently.

yeah I was wondering about that, my interview last year was on sat and this year its friday, good to hear that they are interviewing in smaller groups. Just out of curiosity if you know caffeinehigh, are there any particular things that the interview committee wants to see and hear at the interview? If yes, do tell...please thanks

Once you get a call from Barbara in the admissions office you will get an email from Randy Kluender, the Dean of Admissions. On that email they will have three or forms attached, which you fill out and return to them before your interview. It is with this secondary information that you send in a 50 dollar check. If you, or anybody, has any questions about Colorado in general feel free to ask. Im a senior this year but I applied last year as well (in hopes of early admissions... obviously it didnt work out haha) so I know a few things about their application process

Do you mind sharing your stats? I want to see if I even fall within their range for an interview. WHere did you go to undergrad at? THanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats? I want to see if I even fall within their range for an interview. WHere did you go to undergrad at? THanks :)
No problem, I am currently finishing up my senior year at University of Hawaii Manoa campus, though I am a resident of Colorado.
BCP:3.76 Science:3.71 Non-Science:4.0 Total:3.8
AA:21 TS:21 PAT:22 QR:25

Colorado is a sinking ship. They've encountered major financial troubles and as a result I think the interview process is getting clogged. Looking back at my short-lived life here, I personally would stay as far from CU as I would from USC. Do your research. When you interview, speak with students other than the puppets they have giving tours. I think a vast majority of the student body is really unhappy with what is going on at the school. If you are a not a resident of Colorado, no problem. They want more tuition money so actually prefer non-res students at this point.

Colorado is a sinking ship. They've encountered major financial troubles and as a result I think the interview process is getting clogged. Looking back at my short-lived life here, I personally would stay as far from CU as I would from USC. Do your research. When you interview, speak with students other than the puppets they have giving tours. I think a vast majority of the student body is really unhappy with what is going on at the school. If you are a not a resident of Colorado, no problem. They want more tuition money so actually prefer non-res students at this point.

Is that why they usually host their interviews on Saturdays ( last couple of years) so the interviewees don't interact with the student body? Interesting post here.

I originally thought so but I don't think that was the case. They switched back because administration refused to pay faculty "overtime" pay for working on the weekends. It's all about $$ right now. They are doubling the international student program and to make enough chairs for everyone they are assigning two students to each chair/patient. They justify it by saying "now you have an assistant like a real dentist" when in fact they are simply milking more tuition per chair.

I know one reason for switching the interview to Friday and Monday is so the prospective students can see what the clinic looks like in action instead of a complete empty space. And they are increasing the ISP students, but there are plans to increase chair #s by adding another floor. Some changes are good some are bad. And the 3rd years assisting 3rd years might stop soon because the students are complaining. So CU actually listens to their students unlike other schools. Every place will have students that are not happy. I personally really like it here. And with 1500+ applicants for 52 spots the interview and application processing takes a while because there are not 4-5 people doing the work like other big schools.

I love the optimism. Think about this, they almost didn't turn 1/8th of the first floor into "faculty practice" for budget reasons. Where are the funds to build a 4th floor? Everyone in my class is mad about the partners thing but they've already committed to increase the international class size so there's no going back, no matter how hard we try. As for listening to students, all I can say is you obviously don't spend time in the clinic. You'll figure it out eventually.

Last edited:
I love the optimism. Think about this, they almost didn't turn 1/8th of the first floor into "faculty practice" for budget reasons. Where are the funds to build a 4th floor? Everyone in my class is mad about the partners thing but they've already committed to increase the international class size so there's no going back, no matter how hard we try. As for listening to students, all I can say is you obviously don't spend time in the clinic. You'll figure it out eventually.

I'd take the things that this student says with a grain of salt. Not going to argue with you about your opinion. Just disagree.

FYI you might want to do some actual fact searching before you go making outrageous claims. Faculty Practice is moving into the school because University Hospital needs the space on the 6th floor. Do you honestly believe that it is cheaper for the school to totally remodel the space and move all the equipment over and setup the entire thing again?

The funds for the 4th floor have already been allocated from a combination of in school funds and an NIH grant as a result of the stimulus package. Total cost is estimated at $8.9 million. Architectural meetings and planning has already begun. Once again, this doesn't really support your claim of doing everything to save money. The ISP will take over the 4th floor, which will actually make more chairs for the regular DS when this project is completed.

In reference to the interview being moved to the week from weekends to avoid overtime pay... You're absolutely 100% wrong. The faculty on the committee volunteer....

I don't think that the way the school runs is perfect, but to be honest, what school does? Changes get made and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. There are going to be things certain people like, and certain people don't. I personally disagree with certain things, but all in all I still think Colorado is one of the premier dental schools in the country. You can't expect everything to go your way in academia. That's why when you graduate, you get to go out and do things whatever way you want.

Until then, if you are so unhappy that you feel like you can't stand it, I suggest you do something slightly more productive then badmouth the school online. Maybe contact someone at the school directly?

You could always transfer... I'm sure someone out of the 1450 rejected applicants during your cycle would have gladly taken your place....

Last edited:
Very informative and a lot of things I did not know but I can't agree with you 100%. Interviewers volunteer but the full-time faculty that participate are compensated for their time. Just ask them. If I'm wrong on that then multiple faculty have made false statements. I don't make stuff up, I simply listen to 90% of the full-time faculty that seem to have just as many complaints as us 3rd years. Fortunately for everyone they are changing policies weekly and perhaps in 2-3 years they might get something right. With that being said it's extremely frustrating to be at a school that can't seem to find "what works" even though they've been open for over 30 years. It's even more frustrating to work extremely hard then get to your third year and be told, "oh, by the way, your clinic time is going to be cut in half compared to the seniors because you are now staying in partners. On top of that, we are going to give you grades based on daily production because that's what it's like in the real world." All the way they fire the head of the GPR and half the associated oral surgeons walk out. I've stood up on numerous occasions but faculty, change that, administration doesn't listen. Several students have told me they wished they had known all the problems going into this school. You're right, not every school is perfect. However, I feel its useful for students to know the bad/ugly going into the application cycle. That way they have a better understanding of what to expect and can make a more educated decision on where to go to dental school come December 1st.

Last edited:
Does anybody have any more info on what the third year is like at Colorado? Or any other info on whether students are happy in the program? I found a lot of this information useful since Colorado has been a top choice of mine.

I am also a DS3 and like my classmate Colorado 2011, I can assure you that many students at this school are not happy.

To be fair, let's talk about the good stuff. The facilities are very nice. We have nice labs, a nice clinic, and a nice campus. There are plenty of good places to eat close by and downtown Denver with restaurants, bars, and sports teams (Rockies, Broncos, Nuggets, Avalanche) is very close. While many of the places around campus are dumps, there is a really nice neighborhood within 5 minutes of the school (if you can afford to live there) and there are some new, really nice apartments on campus. We have some great faculty members who are good at what they do (meaning dentistry and teaching).

There are things that are bad but also, to be fair, these things are probably bad to some degree at every school. We have some instructors that are rude and disrespectful to students and patients and/or don’t seem good at what they do (dentistry or teaching). We have classes that are pointless. We have classes that we should probably be learning something from them but the teaching is so horrible that we get nothing out of it (or in the case of Occlusion, the teacher doesn’t even bother teaching, he tells the students to teach each other and never gives one lecture the whole semester). There is subjective grading that seems totally unfair. Some grades seem arbitrary. Some tests are impossible to do well on even if you study your butt off because of the way they are written so the people that don’t study and guess well do better than the students who actually know the material and guessed wrong. Some policies seem unfair and some requirements seem impossible to fulfill. Yep, I bet this bad stuff happens at most schools.

Now, the ugly, and the reason people feel compelled to let current and future applicants know what is going on before they commit themselves to four years at this school.
*We have less clinic time than the students before us and yet our requirements are the same and we pay more money
*We get graded on how much we produce for the school. Yes, the higher your production, the better your grade. Ethical? Not really.
*The idea that DS3 partnerships are going to end because we complained is 100% false. We will have partners until we graduate. Not to say this is all bad. It is nice to have somebody to chart for you and suction for you but it means less clinic time for everybody. And if you and your partner don’t get along, too bad (you don’t get to pick your partners).
*There are not enough patients for the number of students that we already have at the school and they keep increasing the class sizes.
*We get emails EVERY DAY from DS4’s begging for procedures because they haven’t finished their requirements. They beg, they barter patients, or they just flat out steal them from our class. I’m not complaining because I'm sure we’ll be the ones begging and stealing next year.
*There are DS4’s who finished their DS3 year without doing one single crown prep. That’s kind of an important procedure.
*There are people my class who have been working in the clinic for 9 entire months and have never prepped one single tooth. What have they been doing? Comprehensive exams and prophys!
*Since they eliminated the dental hygiene program guess what dental students are? Glorified hygienists. Patients still need to get their teeth cleaned and there are no hygiene students to do it. Hygiene patients can easily fill up your clinic schedule making it difficult to schedule restorative procedures that you will actually need to know how to do.
*You have to take “competency” exams on procedures that you have never actually done before. There are windows during which you have to take competency exams for certain procedures. If you have never done that procedure before, too bad. You still have to take the exam to show you are competent. If you can’t find a patient that needs that procedure during that window or if you happen to fail the exam (because you might not be competent at something you have never done before), then you can’t take it again and you can’t take it the next semester to make it up. No, you actually end up behind in your clinic requirements all the way up until the last semester before you graduate. That is the first opportunity that you will be given to make it up. Reasonable? No.
*If your patient cancels on short notice or if you can’t get a patient to fill an open appointment that you have, you are penalized in terms of RVU’s (relative value units). Some things you have no control over, like patients getting sick, or being flakes, or your lab case not coming back on schedule, or not having enough faculty to cover chairs. Too bad. Your RVU’s/clinic session will be a big fat 0 and they calculate that into your grade.

There are so many other things. One thing that caffeinehigh failed to mention in all of his “inside scoop” information is that with the increase in clinic chairs there will also be an increase in the dental student class size. There will be 40 ISP’s and approximately 85 dental students. Right now there are not enough patients (forget chairs, it doesn’t matter how many chairs you have if you don’t have the patient population to fill them) for 50 dental students and 25 ISP’s. Hmm, 75 students increasing to 125. I’m glad I’ll be gone by then.

Caffeinehigh also fails to mention that there are plenty of people in his own class that are unhappy with the academic portion of the program, they just aren’t blogging about it on SDN. Caffeinehigh says that he thinks this “is one of the premier dental schools in the country.” Really? What is he comparing that to? All of the other dental schools that he has attended? The ISP students are also not happy. Check out the International threads and the post by UFOgh entitled “Colorado SODM – new changes. Beware!” The last post was 10-2-09.

To be fair to Colorado2011, this is a forum in which to express opinions honestly and candidly, without fear of repercussion or reprimand. He/she is entitled to their opinion. We chose this school based on the best information we had at the time but many students in the DS3 class have expressed that they wish they had chosen another program and that they certainly won’t be contributing any money to the alumni association once they are gone (particularly out of state students who pay extremely high fees). Also, one of the main reasons people are so unhappy and feel like they can’t stand it is because they HAVE contacted people at the school directly and feel like things just keep getting worse or remain unaddressed. People talk to faculty individually, in groups, on committees, and through our elected class representatives and yet we remain frustrated. This isn’t about badmouthing the school, this is about telling applicants what a lot of students feel that they aren’t being told by the students who give them tours and eat lunch with them (since the students who give tours were asked to “volunteer to give a positive review of the school” not necessarily an honest one).

All that said, I just think people see the nice new facility and get mislead into thinking this is an awesome program. It isn’t awesome, by any means, but the end result from this school or any other school is the same degree (even though we feel like we’re getting an education in dental hygiene and dental assisting more than dentistry).

I am also a third year here in CO. I have already been referred to in one of the previous posts . . . I am one of CU's puppets who has strategically been placed to convince you that this is a good place. The only thing is I am not trying to sell you anything . . . I really believe CU IS a good place. Now, please take what I say with a grain of salt because this is the only dental school I've ever attended. Having said that, please take with a grain of salt EVERYTHING else you hear on SDN since most of us have only attended one school.

The truth is, not everything is perfect here. In fact, not much is. But there is a lot that goes well and a lot that needs to be improved. While we do not see immediate results to our suggestions and/or complaints I have never felt that the administration was simply not listening to us. Running a dental school is kind of a complex thing and I feel our administration is doing a pretty good job but more importantly I feel they are dedicated to improve things.

So, if you are interested in coming here and you get that opportunity I would say come and make the best of it. When you see things not going the way you think they should, talk to someone about it constructively and try to make it better. Then, be patient as you slowly things change. I am grateful to be here and have loved my experience so far--despite the many things that are not perfect. Good luck to all!

I was reading in this article that CU's med school isn't doing well and may lose accreditation. I'm hoping the dental school isn't in the same boat. Does anyone know anything about the dental school's financial situation?

the funding sucks period. The funding of every school in the nation sucks. take this stuff for whats its worth, an stats based opinion. I go to the University of Hawaii and its in a waaaay bigger hole than colorado, trust me. Retrenchment is pretty much all I ever hear about. Publicity like this just makes people scared, scared people are more willing to give money. thats just my opinion... and honestly i probably dont know anything anyway (what does a marine biologist know about money) haha

I agree, funding is tight across the nation. Colorado has NEVER gotten much state funding despite the fact that we're a state school . . . so now we just get a little less. We're surviving though for sure.
As for accreditation, we just went through that last year and passed with no changes necessary--so that's no problem. This only happens every 7 years or so, if I remember correctly. Anyway, it's not a worry.

Random question, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I received an email today from Dr. Kluender saying that they needed some forms filled out prior to an interview. My question is, does everyone who meets the general requirements get an interview? What is the interview/acceptance rate? The reason I ask is that most schools have you send in the app fee and additional forms PRIOR to even inviting you.

To be honest, I'm really shocked to have even heard from them. I'm from Florida and applied super late.

Thanks to anyone who can be of any help to me!

I received an email today from Dr. Kluender saying that they needed some forms filled out prior to an interview. My question is, does everyone who meets the general requirements get an interview? What is the interview/acceptance rate? The reason I ask is that most schools have you send in the app fee and additional forms PRIOR to even inviting you.

To be honest, I'm really shocked to have even heard from them. I'm from Florida and applied super late.

When did you hear from them? I just got an email about how they have recieved my application (I applied late too). I'm pretty sure they don't invite many people to an interview.

I just heard from them today. They said I needed to contact them to schedule an interview for January or February, and fill out the appropriate forms (residency, etc) before I came for the interview.

I just wanted to see if I really even have a shot, or if it is a hopeless trip. Colorado is my first choice (except for tuition purposes), so I'm very excited. :love:

Also, I didn't hear ANYTHING from them prior to this email.

I've actually heard of this alot from Colorado. When I interviewed there, one of the D2 students we had lunch with basically said your exact situation, except it was like in February. She never sent in her app fee or any other forms but then she got an email saying that she was invited for an interview, all she had to do is to send in her app fee, etc. She had already been accepted somewhere else (She was from Pennsylvania I think, or somewhere back east i know. Out of state for sure at least.) and was planning on going to her accepted school, but she went to the interview anyway, liked it a lot, got accepted, and ended up attending there. So more luck to ya and hopefully you'll get accepted!

colorado does not interview that many people. If I remember right about 2000 people apply, they interview ~250 and their class size is 52 or 54 i dont remember exactly. ~35 of the slots are filled by in state residents. So you are left with 18 slots, which I can assure you will be mostly filled by WICHE students. I am not trying to be negative but you arent WICHE, although your GPA is killer and your DAT is good (QR=so-so) your not in the portion of students that gets accepted regularly based mainly on geography sorry. but based purely on numbers I would say that you are competing against 500-600 students for 3-4 slots. its your call if you wanna interview, but I would just in the event that you could be admitted. PM me if you have other Q's im attending next fall

colorado does not interview that many people. If I remember right about 2000 people apply, they interview ~250 and their class size is 52 or 54 i dont remember exactly. ~35 of the slots are filled by in state residents. So you are left with 18 slots, which I can assure you will be mostly filled by WICHE students. I am not trying to be negative but you arent WICHE, although your GPA is killer and your DAT is good (QR=so-so) your not in the portion of students that gets accepted regularly based mainly on geography sorry. but based purely on numbers I would say that you are competing against 500-600 students for 3-4 slots. its your call if you wanna interview, but I would just in the event that you could be admitted. PM me if you have other Q's im attending next fall

Hmmm.... I don't know why I thought Florida was a WICHE state. I'm surprised they invited Ninja9 to an interview. On predents, someone said they automatically reject you if you are not from a WICHE state. Maybe they like Ninja9 a lot?

Also, on predents, it says 1300 apply and there are 50 seats. 34 in state, 16 OOS. (Maybe pre-dents is outdated?)

Hmmm.... I don't know why I thought Florida was a WICHE state. I'm surprised they invited Ninja9 to an interview. On predents, someone said they automatically reject you if you are not from a WICHE state. Maybe they like Ninja9 a lot?

Also, on predents, it says 1300 apply and there are 50 seats. 34 in state, 16 OOS. (Maybe pre-dents is outdated?)

its a little outdated, those are the numbers that I remember them spitting out at the interview, but to be honest I pretty much blacked out for most of that time in my life :laugh: (so take my knowledge with that warning)

Yeah, they said the class was bout 54 people. 32 Colorado residents, about 16 WICHE, and about 5 or 6 Out of staters. So there is a chance, although smaller it isn't like Mississippi or South Carolina where they don't accept Out of state people period.

There are 52 students in each class. last year 1514 students applied. Off the top of my head I wanna say they gave around 300 interviews. In state takes up a little more than half of the students, but can vary from year to year. There are a lot of WHICHE state students accepted, but there are plenty of other states represented. And not all the students from WHICHE states get the scholarship. If you are giving an interview then it is up to you from that point to back up ur DAT/GPA and everything else in your application. This is why a specific school chooses you. Schools do not interview students they don't want to accept. Good luck to you on ur interview! And if you go to colorado you can ski ever day over Xmas break like ME: :D

Does anyone know how many seats are usually still open after the 1st for in state? I know they do interviews through March.

Thanks for all the advice guys/gals! I just confirmed my interview slot for January 8th. I figured I might as well since it is my #2 school (well, #1 for location, #2 for tuition, ;))

The reason I want to go to Colorado is because that is where I would like to practice and live after school. Hopefully this helps me out a bit. Like I said, I'm shocked as much as you all are!

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice guys/gals! I just confirmed my interview slot for January 8th. I figured I might as well since it is my #2 school (well, #1 for location, #2 for tuition, ;))

The reason I want to go to Colorado is because that is where I would like to practice and live after school. Hopefully this helps me out a bit. Like I said, I'm shocked as much as you all are!

Thanks again!

Hopefully it goes well.

Quick question, how long until after they received your application did they contact you for an interview? Was it through e-mail? As you can see from my other posts, I'm a late applicant too. Even later than you.

My app was sent 11/06 I believe, and they contacted me 12/14 for an interview.

Hope this helps, good luck!

the school had a faculty retreat on monday and a copy of this forum messages was distributed to all faculty. one of my mentors who attended the meeting said that the administration did not want to hear any bad things about the school (which are actually true). she mentioned that most of the faculty are unhappy and are thinking of retiring or leaving. The school administration only wants money. She said things were much better before they had this dean who makes a lot of money and wants to turn this school into a private school.

Nvm.

Last edited:
I'm also a 3rd year student at CU. The school is in financial trouble and is looking for alternative "state" funding. By state I mean Peoples Republic of China. They were given a school tour a couple of months ago. I will give more detail later but I'm late for my Mandarin class

donut-box540.jpg

Last edited:
this place sucks... i started clinics this week and found out they have starting a new international felloship program to make more money. they will b enrolling 5 foreign traned dentist who will be assisting and working in the lab and at the end of the year will be given a certificate. the cost 60K. It is being run by a faculty who was caught with a married ISP student in the parking lot two years ago.......i would be careful if i was a female applicant. one of the new faculty from the army is dating a married second year ISP student. This whole place is in a mess!!!!!!

I'm just a second year with zero experience in the clinic, so I cannot comment on the complaints listed by the upperclassmen. We (some of the 2nd years) have tried fighting the required Vital Source (digital books) fee with little success. That is obviously about money, so I imagine some other things are around here. One of our professors recounted how the school was on the verge of being shuttered by the State back in the '80s (I think?), so they made a deal with the legislature to send all the students out to community clinics (ACTS program) in their 4th year. These clinics got free quasi-dentists and the school got free instruction. That was about money.

What is not about money, though, honestly? I wonder what percentage of present unhappy in-state students at Colorado, had they known what they know now, elected to pay twice as much tuition + moving their family or away from them + buy/selling homes, spouses having to find new jobs, etc. to go to another school. I wonder what percentage of current in-state applicants will go out-of-state even if accepted to Colorado based on what they now know. I'm out-of-state non-WICHE, so any takers?

My guess is most people will take the advice of what the majority of people seem to suggest on SDN and the majority of dentists on Dentaltown have recommended: go to the cheapest school, suck it up, and have fun being a dentist.

I think unhappy students anywhere should voice their opinions and try to change the situation as well as share their experiences with future students. For most students, though, it's just as much about money as it for the schools, and few students would be willing to take a $100k+ (2x tuition for 4 years) gamble to attend an out-of-state school that might or might not have just as many unhappy customers.

Honestly, I was ready for dental school to suck worse than anything has ever sucked in my life before. Suck suck suck, your life will suck for 4 years straight. I was reading these boards, reading Dentaltown, and so many people were talking about subjective grading, meaningless classes, clicky classmates, scummy neighborhoods, expensive apartments, etc. etc. Fortunately, my first 2 years have been great! So, I guess that means that if I get out of here with only the last 2 years sucking then I've only had half as much suck as most other dental students seem to have! Even paying out-of-state, that sounds good to me.

Last edited:
^By any chance were you the 2nd year who helped give the interviewees a tour of the school last Friday? I absolutely LOVED the school. Coming from out-of-state as well, I felt very welcome by all the faculty and students there. I don't know about the inner workings of the school, but from what I saw, all of the students seemed pretty happy....except one girl who was mouthing at us to "turn around and run" or something to that extent. :eek:

Ninja9, no I wasn't helping with tours, but you might have seen me up in the sim clinic around noon practicing a little (I was the one in blue scrubs with a mask and loupes on:laugh:). Well from one out-of-stater to another, best of luck! I've really enjoyed my time at CU so far and do not regret my choice to pay a little extra to come here!

Ninja9, no I wasn't helping with tours, but you might have seen me up in the sim clinic around noon practicing a little (I was the one in blue scrubs with a mask and loupes on:laugh:). Well from one out-of-stater to another, best of luck! I've really enjoyed my time at CU so far and do not regret my choice to pay a little extra to come here!

Great description, now I know exactly who you are! ;)

Well, at least it's nice to hear some positive things about the school amidst the many less than optimistic perspectives.