Haven't heard back about anything from schools. WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanu0915

Reaction score
Date of submission: Mid-July
Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
21AA/18TS/20PAT
State of Residence: Ohio

Undergrad Attended: Ohio State University
Major: Psychology
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: Around 500 hours of shadowing various dentists
Volunteering Experience: Volunteering with a no-kill dog shelter for about 3 years, volunteering with a club called Hearts for the Unhoused at OSU, volunteering with the pre-dent club ~600 hours over 4 years of undergrad
Employment: Worked as a dental assistant/ receptionist for about 1 year, worked as a hygiene assistant for 6 months,
Other Extracurriculars: I have been dancing for 13+ years, was manager and fundraising chair for the competitive dance team at OSU, outreach chair for MannMukti (a club to raise awareness for South Asian mental health and mental health overall, part of the Hearts for the Unhoused club, I am a first-degree black belt in TaeKwonDo and am an instructor, was part of two dance teams, part of the Pre-Dental club (obvs lol),
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Worked at OSUCOD at a front desk, and attended several info sessions for dental schools
Relevant Honors or Awards: Not really, just the dean's list and 2 scholarships :(
LOR type and strength: 2 dentists and 2 science professors and I know they are very strong, one of them graduated from the dental school I want to go to recently
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:
Had to retake 2 classes due to hospitalization which caused my science GPA to plummet.

I know my GPA isn't the highest, but I just wanted to see if I should even expect an interview lol. I haven't heard back from any schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: Mid-July
Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.15
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 21AA/18TS/20PAT
State of Residence: Ohio

Undergrad Attended: Ohio State University
Major: Psychology
Minor: None
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: Around 500 hours of shadowing various dentists
Volunteering Experience: Volunteering with a no-kill dog shelter for about 3 years, volunteering with a club called Hearts for the Unhoused at OSU, volunteering with the pre-dent club ~600 hours over 4 years of undergrad
Employment: Worked as a dental assistant/ receptionist for about 1 year, worked as a hygiene assistant for 6 months,
Other Extracurriculars: I have been dancing for 13+ years, was manager and fundraising chair for the competitive dance team at OSU, outreach chair for MannMukti (a club to raise awareness for South Asian mental health and mental health overall, part of the Hearts for the Unhoused club, I am a first-degree black belt in TaeKwonDo and am an instructor, was part of two dance teams, part of the Pre-Dental club (obvs lol),
Have you volunteered/shadowed/attended events at any dental schools? Worked at OSUCOD at a front desk, and attended several info sessions for dental schools
Relevant Honors or Awards: Not really, just the dean's list and 2 scholarships :(
LOR type and strength: 2 dentists and 2 science professors and I know they are very strong, one of them graduated from the dental school I want to go to recently
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags: Had to retake 2 classes due to hospitalization which caused my science GPA to plummet.

I know my GPA isn't the highest, but I just wanted to see if I should even expect an interview lol. I haven't heard back from any schools.
school list?

Just addressing your home school, that's your best chance to get an interview, and unless things have changed, they like screening everyone early with a relatively early deadline. They do know who you are, so I'm not sure why you haven't gotten a call from them. But that low GPA probably signals to me that you're probably going to get an II but probably not in a high-priority cohort.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just addressing your home school, that's your best chance to get an interview, and unless things have changed, they like screening everyone early with a relatively early deadline. They do know who you are, so I'm not sure why you haven't gotten a call from them. But that low GPA probably signals to me that you're probably going to get an II but probably not in a high-priority cohort.
Thank you for being honest, it just sucks not hearing back anything. I would rather get a rejection now than no response for a while and then a rejection and waste my time not thinking of a plan B.

Thank you for being honest, it just sucks not hearing back anything. I would rather get a rejection now than no response for a while and then a rejection and waste my time not thinking of a plan
very very few schools send out rejections...

A.T Still
OSU
Rutgers
Touro
Western U
Augusta Georgia
South Carolina
UIC
Midwestern Illinois
UNLV
Oregon
California Northstate
not an awful list because there are not any huge reaches, except for the obvious geographical issues with western, unlv, oregon, cal northstate...

not an awful list because there are not any huge reaches, except for the obvious geographical issues with western, unlv, oregon, cal northstate...
i think you had better OOS alternatives in the midwest region...

Thank you for being honest, it just sucks not hearing back anything. I would rather get a rejection now than no response for a while and then a rejection and waste my time not thinking of a plan B.
What if you got an interview, but it was scheduled for February? There are fewer seats available then, so your chances are not zero but smaller. Plus you could get put on a wait list up until orientation. That state of limbo is not a great alternative. Not disagreeing with you.