BS/MD Complete Program List

Fedekz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I decided I would make a BS/MD program list, complete with all the programs, and their requirements. THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE YET, actually, it's about 1/6th of the way done, but I decided to put up what I have, so it can help someone out now, and I will continue to update it daily.

Information is taken from

A.M. Ilyas, MD. 2002. Medical School from High School. Writers Club Press.

Jason Yanofski, Ashish Raju. 2000. From High School to Med. School. Xlibris Corporation.

As well as other online sources that I haven't used yet (information was on schools I haven't gotten to yet)

Legend:

UGI = Undergraduate institution
MS = Medical School
COM = College of Medicine
SOM = School of Medicine
HS req. = High School requirements

Tuition is based on the years of 1999 and 2000

1.)
UGI - University of South Alabama
MS - University of South Alabama COM

Alabama residents
UG Tuition $2841
MS tuition $7000

Non-residents
UG tuition $5481
MS tuition $14000

Length - 8 years
# of students - 15
HS req. - GPA 3.5/4.0 minimum, 28 ACT minimum.
MCAT req. - Must achieve a score above the national average.
Once accepted, students must maintain a min. cum. GPA of 3.5, BCPM of 3.4

2.)
UGI - University of California - Riverside
MS - University of California - Los Angeles SOM

California residents
UG tuition $3747
MS tuition $10128

Non-residents
UG tuition $13551
MS tuition $19932

Length - 7 years
# students - 24
HS average - GPA 3.73/4.0 SAT of 1327
MCAT req. - MCAT is required; however, not defined.

3.)
UGI - University of California - San Diego
MS - University of California - San Diego SOM

California residents
UG tuition $9804
MS tuition $10324

Only California residents of eligible

Length - 8 years
# of students - 12
HS req. SAT score of 1450 ACT of 32.GPA of 4.0/4.0
Once accepted, there is no minimum MCAT.

4.)
UGI - University of South California
MS - University of Southern California Keck SOM

California residents
UG tuition $22200
MS tuition $32266

Only California residents are eligible (apparently)

Length - 8 years
# of students - 20
HS average - SAT of 1500, and weighted GPA of 4.2
Once accepted, student must achieve a minimum MCAT score to continue onto MS, MCAT score is not defined.

5.)
UG - University of Connecticut
MS - University of Connecticut SOM

Connecticut residents
UG tuition $5398
MS tuition $9375

Non-residents
UG tuition $13916
MS tuition $21320

Length - 8 years
# of students - not defined
HS req. Note: preference is given to Connecticut residents. SAT score of 1300, ACT of 30, GPA of 3.5/4.0, top 5% of HS class
Once accepted, students must achieve a minimum MCAT score to continue onto MS, MCAT score is not defined.

6.)
UG - George Washington University
MS - George Washington University SOM

Washington, DC
UG tuition $30500
MS tuition $30500

Length – 7, or 8 years (2 programs)
# of students – 10
HS req. – SAT scores of 650 math, and 710 verbal, ACT of 32. SAT II req. in writing, math, and a science. GPA of 3.7/4.0. HS rank in top 5%
Once accepted, students must achieve a minimum MCAT score to continue onto MS, MCAT score is not defined

7.)
UG – Howard University
MS – Howard University COM

Washington, DC
UG tuition $9390
MS tuition $16950

Length – 6 years
# of students – 10
HS average – GPA of 3.7/4.0 SAT of 1300. HS rank within top 5%.
Once accepted, students must achieve a minimum MCAT score to continue onto MS, MCAT score is not defined

8.)
UG – University of Florida
MS – University of Florida COM

Florida residents
UG tuition $1480
MS tuition $9684

Non-residents
UG tuition $8136
MS tuition $27335

Length – 8 years
# of students – 12
HS req. SAT scores are required, minimum is not defined. You must be a sophomore at University of Florida to apply.

9.)
UG – University of Miami
MS – University of Miami SOM

Florida
UG tuition $21350
MS tuition $25670

Must be a Florida resident

Length – 6, or 7 years
# of students – 20
HS req. SAT score of 1360, 1270 for the 6 year program, and 7 year program, respectively; or ACT of 31 or 29 (6, 7 year program). SAT II subject tests in English, Math, and one Science.
Once accepted, students must achieve a minimum MCAT score to continue onto MS, MCAT score is not defined, students must also maintain a min. cum GPA of 3.4, and 3.2 BCPM.

10.)
UG – Illinois Institute of Technology
MS – Finch University of the Health Sciences-Chicago Medical School

Discontinued

11.)
UG – Illinois Institute of Technology
MS – Rush Medical College

Illinois
UG tuition $17500
MS tuition $27120

Length – 8 years
# of students – undefined.
HS req. Must be a sophomore at the IIT, and demonstrate an interest in engineering and medicine.
No MCAT requirement.

12.)
UG – Northwestern University
MS – Northwestern University Medical School

Illinois
UG tuition $23562
MS tuition $30417

Length – 7 years
# of students – 40
HS req. SAT or ACT required, no minimum score defined. SAT II (in mathematics IIC, chemistry, writing) required. Avg. student had an SAT over 1500.

13.)
UG – University of Illinois at Chicago
MS – University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine

Illinois
UG tuition for state residents $3138
MS tuition for state residents #16294

UG tuition non-resident $9414
MS tuition non-resident $39826

Length – 8 years
# of students – 60
HS req. Must be a Illinois resident to apply. SAT score of 1240 or ACT score of 28 minimum. HS rank in the top 15% minimum req.
Students must maintain a GPA of 4.5 (out of 5.0) and take the MCAT during their junior year; however, it is not a factor for promotion to MS.

14.)
UG – Indiana State University
MS – Indiana University School of Medicine

Indiana
UG tuition $1782
MS tuition $13245

Length – 8 years
# of students – 10
HS req. Must be a Indiana resident. SAT score of 1200 or ACT score of 27, minimum req. GPA of 3.5/4.0 minimum. Must have lived in a federally designated area that is not metropolitan or is designated as a rural census tract.
MCAT is required, and you must achieve a score equal to the mean of the previous year's matriculating class, and maintain a 3.5 GPA.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The USC program is not only for California residents. And the IIT program with Rosalind Franklin (formerly Finch) is now defunct.

I find that the MSAR is a much better, current resource for BS/MD programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
The USC program is not only for California residents. And the IIT program with Rosalind Franklin (formerly Finch) is now defunct.

I find that the MSAR is a much better, current resource for BS/MD programs.

Wow, I have the 2009-2010 MSAR and completely forgot about the BS/MD program section. I'll be sure to update everything with the information in there. Thanks!

Both USP and Gannon have BS/DO programs that you apply for in your freshman year. I don't know if you want to include those.

YCP has a program with PSU, I believe.
PSU has a program with Jefferson, I believe.

This website has a pretty extensive list of med programs and links to their admission websites under the 6/7/8 year med programs section.

This website has a pretty extensive list of med programs and links to their admission websites under the 6/7/8 year med programs section.
There is a good list there, however there is no reason to use a consulting service. Use the website for its list and nothing else or be extremely careful.

Yeah, the website does have a pretty good list, I shared with a couple of my high school friends interested in ba/md programs, thanks John!

Also, I used a similar service from a different website that used to offer essay/interview help for accelerated med programs and I got into the USC and BU program a couple years ago, so I personally think they can be worth it.

They didn't write my essay or anything for me, but they made suggestions about the wording of the essay and helped me emphasize important medical experiences I had in the right way to show why I want to be a doctor in my essay more effectively. They also helped me out with the interview...I just felt more ready come interview time.

The website I used, acceleratedmd.com does not exist anymore though, so a few of my high school friends who wanted to use it can't anymore.

That being said, do be careful with these types of services. Don't depend on them to definitely get you into a program, be wary of definite guarantees of getting you into a program, and make sure to email the people 1st and find out what services exactly you're going to get before you make any payments if you choose to use their service at all.

Last edited: