Vote: Separating IV Dates from Running List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shall we separate the dates list from the running interview list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ariee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As there seems to be concern about the dates list on the IM official IV thread 2009/10, I thought it be best if we all officially voted.

Earlier some people didn't want dates but the majority did. We compromised to keep the dates list below the running list negotiating on the cubersomity of adding dates on another thread vs. adding dates period...

If you've got any concerns, drop a line here. Just trying to be fair :)!

The poll closes on 10/01/09. Votes from usernames that subscribed before today will not be counted (manually by me).

"You can satisfy some of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hehe..not complaining..only suggesting ;)..I really have no issues with either of them. I did agree with the poster on that thread though, that having the dates on a different thread would just keep it clean, as basically we are posting the same dates repeatedly, with a few additions.

But whatever works for the forum - honestly, no issues at all :).

P.S. I definitely agree with keeping the dates though, either on the original thread or another...it has helped me tremendously to plan my interviews, even from places I am eventually hoping to get calls from :)

I vote yes just because of how large the posts are getting, and they will continue to get. My only concern is that the dates thread won't get updated as frequently. But then again, I don't really see that much utility in the dates thread, so my concern is very limited.

Members don't see this ad :)
I check the thread on my phone alot and it is a major pain to scroll forever and ever to see the most recent post.

I can't believe we have a thread about the structure of another thread!

Compromise: what if we keep the interview dates in that thread, but not at the end of each post. If a new school is added, that person could grab the last interview dates list and add to it as a new post in the same thread? Complicated and I'm sure it would get dropped now and then, but we've got some savvy sdners on here to politely remind people and I think that might be better than having it as a whole different thread that people would completely forget about.

Haha, y'all are so awesome! I'm so happy this thread is at least fruiting some great discussion. Applebananna's I like your thinking, I think we're on to something here, but it could use some more thought...I think it would potentially work if the interview dates were updated at the top of each page at least...I don't know yet, more thoughts?

Definitely a thread intrinsic to Internists!

~Ariee :)

Hey guys,

Should I wait to separate the thread or just do it now? The poll closes in a week and there seems to be a 3 head leadway to separate?

Will wait for your thoughts!

Ariee

Hey guys,

Should I wait to separate the thread or just do it now? The poll closes in a week and there seems to be a 3 head leadway to separate?

Will wait for your thoughts!

Ariee

Wait until at least the weekend to see if more people vote.

Surely there should be a poll on this first.

You know, that's what physicians do, discuss things amongst a team and come to an agreeable compromise amongst all. I invite you to open up your own poll.

G'luck!
A

P.S. Everyone else, although I agree with chitown, I think we should separate up the threads sooner rather than later as the dates have already been dropped...

Last edited: