Dat Break-Down 11/10/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

widentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PAT - 23
QR -17
RC - 25
BIO - 22
GC -23
OC -23
TS -23

AA -22

Mini Breakdown -

RC - I got frapped, but I am happy with the score I got. I was very scared after the posts on here, but I feel I did well. Frap was a certain section that got a lot of heat on SDN because of the intense material and the difficulty of the questions. In prep like all of the other sections I utilized kaplan paired with the things that worked well for me on practice tests in order to get my highest scores.

BIO - This section covered some unknown material, but I feel like I did well for what the material covered. There was a pretty long string (4-5 questions) straight all about taxonomy, but I am sure this kind of stuff varries from test to test. Kaplan was effective in getting me prepared for this section, I just feel like I would have done more before test day.

OC - Wasn't my best subject in college, but I think that I performed well considering this circumstance. The kaplan books and in class did a good job as far as preparation, but again i wish i would have put more personal effort into raising my scores. I was satisfied with scoreing in the low twenties because I figured that was good enough. I wish that I had visited SDN before my test so I could have used some of the 27's on here as motivation!

GC - Haven't had this in 3 years so I am happy with the score. Some unknown material on here, but I feel like I did well for the study coverage I had. The main thing with the natural sciences section is that there is soo much material to cover, and so little appears on test day. I feel like you could study everything and still get lower scores due to what you focused on while studying. That said, just do as much as you can because the more that you put in the more you will get out.

PAT - This was what I thought to be the hardest section on the DAT, but one of my best. I think the extra reviewing helped. This section was easy to review and study because I thought it was fun. It is just like doing a crossword puzzle or something like that, so I think that if you look at PAT that way then it makes it a lot more fun.

QR - I just flat ran out of time. Poor time management, so I feel this score looks horrible next to all of the others

What will colleges think when they see such a large gap in scores?

I would like to be happy with my DAT performance, but I have been soo upset over the QR score as math is one of my better subjects

I prepared had, but I thought QR would be easier, due to the fact that I have performed well in all of my math classes, and I knew how to do all of the problems on certain practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't sweat ur QR score dude u scored a 22 on the test thats an amazing score along with ur TS which is better than average you should be celebrating your done with this exam and you did very well schools will look past the 17 it is known that the QR is a tough section by students and adcoms.......haven't seen anyone talk abt the FRAP test in a while guess its still in circulation.......would you mind telling what resources you used and what was the most helpful?

I think you should seriously consider a retake... a 17 in any section is a defiinite red flag to schools. Don't get too happy about your other scores either you might not be able to replicate them next time. Anyway good first try remember work hard and anything is possible

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to retake. Either the above poster doesn't know anything about DAT scores or they have a hard time judging when to attempt sarcasm.

Great scores. Since you're new to the forum you might not have noticed that everybody struggles with QR. A 17 is a good solid score in that section. Nobody will raise an issue with it unless they have a cutoff at 18 - which won't be common. Just check with the schools. Awesome work.

PAT - 23
QR -17
RC - 25
BIO - 22
GC -23
OC -23
TS -23

AA -22

Mini Breakdown -

RC - I got frapped, but I am happy with the score I got. I was very scared after the posts on here, but I feel I did well

BIO - This section covered some unknown material, but I feel like I did well for what the material covered

OC - Wasn't my best subject in college, but I think that I performed well considering this circumstance

GC - Haven't had this in 3 years so I am happy with the score. Some unknown material on here, but I feel like I did well for the study coverage I had

PAT - This was what I thought to be the hardest section on the DAT, but one of my best. I think the extra reviewing helped

QR - I just flat ran out of time. Poor time management, so I feel this score looks horrible next to all of the others

Should I re-take the DAT to improve my QR score?

What will colleges think when they see such a large gap in scores

I would like to be happy with my DAT performance, but I have been soo upset over the QR score as math is one of my better subjects

I prepared had, but I thought QR would be easier, due to the fact that I have performed well in all of my math classes, and I knew how to do all of the problems on certain practice tests.

What should I do? Any advice is welcome

what were your percentage breakdowns?

I think you should seriously consider a retake... a 17 in any section is a defiinite red flag to schools. Don't get too happy about your other scores either you might not be able to replicate them next time. Anyway good first try remember work hard and anything is possible

lol

Dude these scores are so solid, screw the 17 in qr! I'm sure you'll be fine and get several acceptances considering you have a decent gpa and some extracurriculars. Good luck with everything.

PAT - 23
QR -17
RC - 25
BIO - 22
GC -23
OC -23
TS -23

AA -22

Mini Breakdown -

RC - I got frapped, but I am happy with the score I got. I was very scared after the posts on here, but I feel I did well

BIO - This section covered some unknown material, but I feel like I did well for what the material covered

OC - Wasn't my best subject in college, but I think that I performed well considering this circumstance

GC - Haven't had this in 3 years so I am happy with the score. Some unknown material on here, but I feel like I did well for the study coverage I had

PAT - This was what I thought to be the hardest section on the DAT, but one of my best. I think the extra reviewing helped

Should I re-take the DAT to improve my QR score?

What will colleges think when they see such a large gap in scores

What should I do? Any advice is welcome

How is that possible? they give out fraps again???? I thought it was gone for good:scared:

great scores! dont bother yourself, dont retake, qr doesnt count for much.
i was wondering what you did to study/prepare for each section?
and what is "fraped" do they give you frappaccinos at the test or something lol.

good job man! - great scores - my distribution was similar

great scores! dont bother yourself, dont retake, qr doesnt count for much.
i was wondering what you did to study/prepare for each section?
and what is "fraped" do they give you frappaccinos at the test or something lol.

frapped is when they bum rush you with a frappuccino of a random flavor from starbucks and make you chug the whole thing in the middle of your exam. if you spit it out, take longer than 2 minutes to finish it, or throw it up they make you drink another one. if you refuse to drink it, they cancel your score. one poor guy next to me got frapped and threw up on the keyboard (good thing he didn't need the keyboard for anything) because he was lactose intolerant.

You should retake, when adcoms look at that 17, its going to be an automatic rejection.

By the way, Im just kidding...

But seriously, your smart enough to get a 22/23, you should be smart enough to know what your chances are of getting in even with that 17.

good job man! - great scores - my distribution was similar

frapped is when they bum rush you with a frappuccino of a random flavor from starbucks and make you chug the whole thing in the middle of your exam. if you spit it out, take longer than 2 minutes to finish it, or throw it up they make you drink another one. if you refuse to drink it, they cancel your score. one poor guy next to me got frapped and threw up on the keyboard (good thing he didn't need the keyboard for anything) because he was lactose intolerant.

It might be intended to be funny but I really don't see it. Will someone else make a little more sense or else Sarah Palin's fans will rule the world. :D

It might be intended to be funny but I really don't see it. Will someone else make a little more sense or else Sarah Palin's fans will rule the world. :D

it's a joke, dorothy. get with the program.

joke
–noun 1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him. 2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke. 3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

it's a joke, dorothy. get with the program.

Ah, a fellow with a sense of humor and a crude streak. Touche my friend, touche. Mon frere, Golf, if everyone else thought your answer was not the least obnoxious and that you actually did the asker a service. A million apologies, and may Vishnu shine upon your every sneeze that you make, and may Buddha bless your every fart, or whatever you believe in bless everything coming out of you, on both ends, oh Grand Poobah.

But wait....searching for how funny you are, I found this little gem about what other SDNers generally think of your FRAP posting, entitled, "EVERYTHING you needed to know about the FRAP". By the way, why DID you remove your original post? That was just a rhetorical question silly boy.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=651914

Then again, I can be totally wrong in judging your awesome sense of humor. To everyone else, I apologize for wasting your time reading this. I just thought the guy asking what "frapped" meant was legitimate because a lot of people do use that term quite often these last few months when referring to the DAT after they took it. I admit, I don't know what it is that they were referring to either, and would have liked to read the real answer.

Ah, a fellow with a sense of humor and a crude streak. Touche my friend, touche. Mon frere, Golf, if everyone else thought your answer was not the least obnoxious and that you actually did the asker a service. A million apologies, and may Vishnu shine upon your every sneeze that you make, and may Buddha bless your every fart, or whatever you believe in bless everything coming out of you, on both ends, oh Grand Poobah.

haha i have a crude streak, swisscheese? and i suppose you're quite proud of your sense of humor here, talking about the blessing of bodily wastes and such... im three shades of jealous, honestly - you have such a way with words. go find another way to build self-esteem besides picking fights in internet forums, cupcake.

I took the DAT a few months back, but just learned about this site from a friend, so that is why I think that I have the RC sections that I did.

I used the Kaplan Course to prep for the course, and I think that what the course mostly did was help me to stay on top of my preparation, rather than actually teach me anything new that I didn't already know in terms of material. They give you an outline so you can get all of your studying done in an organized way with a lot of old exams and questions that can help a person understand the type of material that is on the DAT

wheres the full breakdown?

Sorry for the extreme delay, I never realized how much my postings sucked until I went on recently during the application cycle and re read my posting

That said, the only materials I used were the Kaplan materials. I had no idea how many different things were out there and had heard good reviews of kaplan in the past from others who had taken it. I started the class with a diagnostic of 18AA 17 PA and 18 TS

From that I just followed the regement of the kaplan program and went through everything a few times but not too intense. I was in school when i took the course so i only put in about an hour a day for the first 3 months and then about 4-5 hours a day for the final month after school was out leading up to the test.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I feel like a jerk posting this so late but I figured better now than never!