UOP Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey check your ADDSAS status!!! Mine just went from completely BLANK to OFFER MADE!!!!!! OMG!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
same here!!!! see you in JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!! so happy right now!

Members don't see this ad :)
me too!!!!!!!!! praying that aadsas didn't mess up . . .

I'll be there! Offer Made!

Congrats to all of you! I just checked AADSAS...offer Made! Today is the best day ever! :D

mine got changed too!!! I want to go to UOP but i need to do major thinking! i also got accepted into my state school - UMDNJ.

BUT CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!! WE DID IT

Hello future classmates!
Was anyone else offered the 30k. That's like some delicious buttercream icing on my cake. <3

Members don't see this ad :)
30k for me also! Making my decision really tough...

Wow, congrats! I was under the impression the scholarships were merit/stat based. I'm sure you are just as deserving as anyone else, but there are definitely other applicants with higher raw stats. Anyone know what criteria they base the scholarships on?

Wow, congrats! I was under the impression the scholarships were merit/stat based. I'm sure you are just as deserving as anyone else, but there are definitely other applicants with higher raw stats. Anyone know what criteria they base the scholarships on?

Haha, yeah my stats suck and I have no idea why I got one. If anyone knows the criteria, I would be curious too.

I think they look at your life experiences more than just straight up stats.

Aha!! Oh yeah that Dean's Scholarship (30K) definitely is sweet!!:cool: yea I dont think that it was entirely merit based, since I know some of you have higher stats than I do.... probably based on a number of factors--life experiences, LOR's, along with DAT

I'm hoping that I can still keep it even if I do Air Force HPSP.... we'll see!!:xf:

Congrats you guys, now enjoy the free time you have, cause trust me , next year this time it won't be pretty. :D

armorshell said:
Too bad the world ends in 2012...

At least I won't have to repay my loans!

Congrats you guys, now enjoy the free time you have, cause trust me , next year this time it won't be pretty. :D

Thanks for the heads up....looking forward to the challenge.

agreed..... man, life sucks right now!!!
best time= the acceptance till dental school starts!! enjoy it all to the max...

Offer made!

OFFER ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!

San Francisco here i come baby!

Congrats to all

I'm hoping that I can still keep it even if I do Air Force HPSP.... we'll see!!:xf:

I actually asked about this already and it ends up getting applied to someone else if you do the HPSP. There may be a few tiny costs the HPSP doesn't cover and they will apply your scholarship to those costs but the bulk goes to someone else.

Aha!! Oh yeah that Dean's Scholarship (30K) definitely is sweet!!:cool: yea I dont think that it was entirely merit based, since I know some of you have higher stats than I do.... probably based on a number of factors--life experiences, LOR's, along with DAT

Since it cant go toward HPSP...I will split it with you 50 50 if you tell them to give it to me!! That's a win win, right? ;)

Offer made!

OFFER ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!

San Francisco here i come baby!

Congrats to all

Yes after being away for 7 years, it's gonna be a home coming party for me:love:

Class of 2013 baby! Can't wait to meet you guys next summer! Is there a facebook group or something yet? Congrats to everyone!

UCSD for BS/MS in biology, still working there in a lab. what school(s) did you go to? are you from SF too?

No graduated from SDSU a year ago. Are you going to UOP for sure? If yes then I'll see you there.

hey so i got the letter. the first thing they say is that i need to get a B in the remainder of my classes. I am going to get an A , A, B, and then this class were i screwed up on the midterm, which is weighted as much as the final. ( I screwed up b/c I was in san francisco on their interview! ha) Is this rule set in stone @ UOP? like one B-/C+ and i lose my spot!? Which would suck.

Does anyone who currently goes their *cough amorshell* it seems like, no anyone who had below a B and still got in??

thanks

Last edited:
Well guys, as awesome as UoP is, I'll be going to UNLV next fall so there will be one more 30k scholarship for one of you lucky folks.

wow, i'm pumped. it was very difficult to care about finals week this week, or anything else for that matter. Has anyone actually gotten mail about this yet?

Well guys, as awesome as UoP is, I'll be going to UNLV next fall so there will be one more 30k scholarship for one of you lucky folks.

oh no G!!! Why!!! Of well, wish you the best over there!!!!

hey so i got the letter. the first thing they say is that i need to get a B in the remainder of my classes. I am going to get an A , A, B, and then this class were i screwed up on the midterm, which is weighted as much as the final. ( I screwed up b/c I was in san francisco on their interview! ha) Is this rule set in stone @ UOP? like one B-/C+ and i lose my spot!? Which would suck.

Does anyone who currently goes their *cough amorshell* it seems like, no anyone who had below a B and still got in??

thanks

can any1 help me out :(

ugh this this killing me, One class to ruin all my hardwork!?!? ha it is one of the ones say they say to take.

So by taking their advice I am going to lose my spot? Wonderful

oh no G!!! Why!!! Of well, wish you the best over there!!!!

Haha, I know I know, but for me and my family UNLV was the logical choice. I loved UoP though, if I was just a single guy I would be there in a heartbeat.

that's ok. good luck at UNLV, there definitely are a lot of married people with kids there it seems. The more single hotties at uop the better. haha jk.

I'm just wondering, is this a one time only or renewable on yearly basis scholarship? can anyone clue me in?

Put me down on the attending list. See you guys in July!

I'm just wondering, is this a one time only or renewable on yearly basis scholarship? can anyone clue me in?

It's 30k total, paid off as $2,500 per quarter to your student account for 12 quarters.

Just got my Acceptance Letter today!! SOOO EXCITED!!!

Here is what I am looking for!

I took a huge break from SDN after my DATs as I was hounding this site months and months up until my test.
First congrats to everyone. I recognize a few names. Last I remember Peerless couldn't make up his mind between UOP and UCSF :) . UOP was/is my top choice, so I hope to meet you all when DS starts.