University of Nevada Las Vegas Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenextdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, let's get this thing started!

I checked my AADSAS at 7 am this morning and it said "offer made"!

Who will be joining me at UNLV next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Just checkEd aadsas as well and got the offer. So far it's the only one I've heard from but unlv is definatly one of my top two choices.

Only Nevada residents accepted first round, all oos will know jan15

Members don't see this ad :)
My AADSAS status just changed to "OFFER MADE."
WoooHoooooo!!!!:soexcited:
I'm so EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!:clap:
This feels so good! Now I can go back to my normal life. Not having to worry about this anymore is such a big change!

Who else got an acceptance from them?!

Good Luck to You ALL:thumbup::thumbup:

I'll be there in September

I was just accepted too!

Congratulations!

So do they so infact give phone calls? Or do they do emails, snail mail, combinaton of some? Just wondering cause I'm just going off of aadsas for now.

I called them this morning, even though I already saw it on AADSAS, just so I could hear them say it. :) I don't know if they call everyone but they do send out a letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the offer made and UNLV is one of my top choices. It all depends on Penn and UoP but congrats everyone UNLV is a great school!

So excited to be going to this school!! By far the best school in the country! Cant wait! Now time to PARTAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm in. So glad I no longer have to wonder all the time. UNLV rocks!!!

+1

UNLV is a great school, loved it every time I've been to the campus!

Do you guys know if we're going to be getting stuff in the mail as well or is it just aadsas?

Haha, awesome! I like maroon. I also like to think I look good in dark red. At least we aren't brown. I remember the first years this year are brown.

when i was at the last saturday clinic i heard a faculty member say they heard it was going to be Navy Blue. too bad cause that would have been sharp ;). imagine how nice that would have been ---> navy blue scrubs with the white UNLV SDM emblem embroidered onto it.

Yeah at the interview they said maroon. I just hope that the maroon is more of a dark red than a purple-red. I liked the dark brown, too bad I wasn't a year earlier.

Well, I guess I'll be changing my font to Maroon soon!
It's really not that bad. I hate two scrub colors with a passion:
-Brown
-Light Green
I can live with pretty much anything else.

I thought we were going to vote on what scrub color we wanted? Oh well Maroon is cool. Guess i gotta go buy me some Maroon colored Chucks!

Maroon works for me--- what do you think about getting a maroon car to match

btw, where is everyone from? and is there a unlv sdm group?

Offer Made, I'm iin!!!!

I understand we're going to be busier than busy, but I'm excited by the opportunity to go snowboarding...Any one else?

Ha! I got to be the first person to check the little "attending" box on predents.com for UNLV.

Already? Nice! I'll be with you there in a few days.

So you chose UNLV over UoP? Not that I wouldn't do the same if UoP accepted me (which they haven't, yet :)), but I was just wondering your reasons.

Already? Nice! I'll be with you there in a few days.

So you chose UNLV over UoP? Not that I wouldn't do the same if UoP accepted me (which they haven't, yet :)), but I was just wondering your reasons.

Honestly, I freaking loved UoP and if it were just based on school vs school, I would have chosen UoP. But I get resident tuition at UNLV and I have a wife and kid so living in SF just isn't as great of an option for us as Las Vegas, with all of the crappy housing in SF and the high cost of living. It's all good though, I loved UNLV too so I'll be just as happy. Plus a dentist is a dentist, regardless of where the school is.

Congrats fellow UNLV acceptees!

I hate to do this to you guys, but I'm a little torn between UNLV and NYU. I'm leaning UNLV because I honestly feel like I'll get more clinical experience. It seems UNLV allows their students to do certain procedures that would be sent to residents at other schools (molar root canals, IV sedation, etc). I also like how UNLVs curriculum is set up to correlate between subjects.

Pros for NYU are that they too have a good program, with potentially good opportunities for research and specialty programs. Plus I love NYC and have family there.

Can anybody comment as to what they think set UNLV apart and why they're choosing UNLV?--Aside from cost or the fact that you live in Vegas.

Thanks for any input!!! Sorry if this is the wrong thread for my question, but I wanted to hear from people that interviewed at UNLV.

Honestly, I freaking loved UoP and if it were just based on school vs school, I would have chosen UoP. But I get resident tuition at UNLV and I have a wife and kid so living in SF just isn't as great of an option for us as Las Vegas, with all of the crappy housing in SF and the high cost of living. It's all good though, I loved UNLV too so I'll be just as happy. Plus a dentist is a dentist, regardless of where the school is.

G you traitor!! haha just giving you a hard time. UNLV is a great shool and you made a good choice. You can't go wrong with either UOP and UNLV so I wish you all Rebels the best in VEGAS!!!!

Only Nevada residents accepted first round, all oos will know jan15

forgive my naive question but why jan 15? i keep hearing about second round of interviews but is that some sort of special date?

forgive my naive question but why jan 15? i keep hearing about second round of interviews but is that some sort of special date?

lol that is a little clueless....

Jan 15 is the end of the 45 day period people have to respond and submit a deposit for their acceptance....

Not trying to throw this thread into something totally different but does anyone know how strict the "Maintain a B Average" policy they have? Are they likely to revoke an acceptance or are the pretty lax with that little "requirement". thanks.

I doubt they would revoke your acceptance for just one C. I think they just don't want people to think they can just scrape by and graduate with all C's now that they have been accepted.

I haven't heard that from anywhere, but that's what makes sense to me.

:( i was totally lied to! they were like we didn't accept OOS so call Jan 15.....gosh..

Let me congratulate all of you on being accepted to UNLV SDM. I will be graduating from UNLV in May and I am very happy with the education I have received here. There are some things I could complain about but I think it is like that everywhere. Overall, it has been a great experience and you should all be excited to start.

If any of you would like to ask questions about good places to live or places to avoid or anything at all, feel free to pm me. We actually have a pretty sweet condo in Henderson (15 minute commute) that we might be renting out if anyone is interested let me know. We will be moving in May...... You may want to try to move here in May in order to be here the required time to establish residency. Some people in my class moved here later and they ended up paying an extra semester of out-of-state tuition.

Good luck to everyone and again, Congrats!!!

by UNLV SDM group, do you mean a facebook group or something? :)

born and raised in las vegas right here :cool:

Just started a Facebook Group so we can all get to know each other a little before class starts.

So I'm just wondering: where will you guys be living/where are you guys looking for apartments? I'm OOS and don't know what areas I should be looking at for apartments.

So I'm just wondering: where will you guys be living/where are you guys looking for apartments? I'm OOS and don't know what areas I should be looking at for apartments.

ya im also wondering the same thing. are there any places near the d-school that are safe?