University of Washington Class of 2014!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkpari27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all who got into uw!!

Members don't see this ad.

boooyah!!!!!

my first post too I believe

omg I'm soooooooooooooo jealous!!! Did you get a call from Kathy today?
I've got my phone literally on me at all times waiting on her call

Members don't see this ad :)
omg I'm soooooooooooooo jealous!!! Did you get a call from Kathy today?
I've got my phone literally on me at all times waiting on her call

I second this. I am immensely jealous and I have also been checking my phone constantly.... Ughhh. do you guys know how many they accepted today?

Yup she called 9:15 this morning..i was still half alseep thought i was dreaming for a sec! lol

Yup got my fingers crossed. Does anybody have an idea about how many they call each week?

I don't think they have a set number of people they call each week. If I remember correctly they meet on Thursday to decide the fate of applicants.

my friend just got the phone call this morning..so seems like they call a few people each morning

my friend just got the phone call this morning..so seems like they call a few people each morning

Really? I really really want to get that phone call... =( I'm starting to doubt myself and doubt how my interview went, etc. I just hate how there's no telling how long I'll have to wait to find out. I hope I don't get rejected. Omg. So stressed.

I got her call yesterday morning as well, and just received the letter today. Thought they said that they would make decisions in Jan. I was shocked receiving the notification. Anyhow, it is a great surprise! :)

I got her call yesterday morning as well, and just received the letter today. Thought they said that they would make decisions in Jan. I was shocked receiving the notification. Anyhow, it is a great surprise! :)

Congrats!

So, I read somewhere on SDN that the UW committee meets every other week on Thursdays? Is this true? Because if so, and assuming they didn't meet the first week of interviews, that would mean they're meeting tomorrow. :xf:

they said only a few exceptional applicants would get pre-January invites. Congrats to you guys for sure!

Yes it is true, like I said above. However, this is what they did last year and they may have changed. I hope something good happens for all of us, I am tired of being a slave to email, aadsas, and my phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious when you all sent in your secondaries. I didn't get mine until late October. I applied in August.

It would be a dream come true to go to UW SoD. My parents went for nursing and pharmacy and I grew up in snohomish county my whole life. Is it so wrong to want to be a husky?

It would be a dream come true to go to UW SoD. My parents went for nursing and pharmacy and I grew up in snohomish county my whole life. Is it so wrong to want to be a husky?

Not at all. I'd like to be one too. =( I am desperately hoping I'll get in.

This is my top choice too. I want to be here when the Mariners go to the World Series :xf:.

This is my top choice too. I want to be here when the Mariners go to the World Series :xf:.

LMAO I've accepted that this won't happen in my lifetime. I think the Seahawks have a better chance of getting back to the superbowl, since their management actually wants to win. They need to implode the mariners, except for Safeco, which is such a great ballpark. Also bring back the sonics!
Eh... such is the life of a Seattle sports fan : /

LMAO I've accepted that this won't happen in my lifetime. I think the Seahawks have a better chance of getting back to the superbowl, since their management actually wants to win. They need to implode the mariners, except for Safeco, which is such a great ballpark. Also bring back the sonics!
Eh... such is the life of a Seattle sports fan : /

I actually think the Mariners are in better shape than the Seahawks are at the moment, thanks to a much improved front office and management. I predict a playoffs appearance within the next 3 years.

Agreed, bring the Sonics back. At least we have Husky Basketball!

Tim Ruskell, the GM of the 'Hawks is going to resign, and if Holmgren takes over as the GM, they can hopefully get back to respectability.

The Mariners are in decent shape and should make a playoff push in 1-2 seasons.

I'm pretty peeved about the Sonics, especially since their young nucleus of Durant, Westbrook and Green are finally getting some wins. In 1-2 years they'll be one of the top teams in the West, as long as Durant stays. Wish they were playing in Seattle though

I got the call from Kathy!

I got 4 acceptances on Dec 1st and I think UW should be a no-brainer for me. I was accepted to UW, Tufts, Case Western, and PITT...

See everyone who got in this fall :D

Has anyone taken MICROM 412 or 442? I need to take one of these to fulfill the microbiology requirements and am wondering which one is better. I'd like to take 442 because it's offered in the winter so I can get it out of the way, but I don't have a strong microbiology background and am worried that I'll be lost in the class.

Has anyone taken MICROM 412 or 442? I need to take one of these to fulfill the microbiology requirements and am wondering which one is better. I'd like to take 442 because it's offered in the winter so I can get it out of the way, but I don't have a strong microbiology background and am worried that I'll be lost in the class.

Its been a couple years since I took the class, but I think for 412 you have to spend a ridiculous amount of your own time in lab plus the designated lab times. I would just take the med bac lecture.

Its been a couple years since I took the class, but I think for 412 you have to spend a ridiculous amount of your own time in lab plus the designated lab times. I would just take the med bac lecture.

Thanks for the response. So 412 has a lab component? Seems like a lot for a 3 credit course. Hopefully others might have some input.

I personally recommend 442. 412 is a little boring and dry (it doesn't have a lab component...neither do). 442 will actually help you (slightly) for dental school but it also might be slightly harder than 412. There are also more lecturers for 442 and Dr. Cookson (the main guy) is awesome. Dr. Leigh (412) on the other hand is a bit boring.

Sorry about the misinformation. I was thinking of 411.

It doesn't have to be 412 or 442 to fulfill the micro requirement. If you're looking for the easiest micro class to take, I'd say 301 (unless you've already taken it).

ARGGGG I just about lost my mind when I got the UW interview survey email. Man I really wanted that to be an acceptance

411 was one of the tougher classes I took but it's a little overhyped. Just make sure to talk to the TAs/Kendall during the lab sections and make sure you understand everything.

Is 442 manageable for someone who's only taken 301? I've graduated so I will only be taking one class.

Is 442 manageable for someone who's only taken 301? I've graduated so I will only be taking one class.

Definitely doable. You might be at a slight disadvantage for not having micro 410 but 301 will be good enough. You just have to memorize a lot of stuff (what bacteria causes what disease, symptoms, mode of transmission...). By the way how does taking classes at the UW work after you graduate? Do you have to get permission/apply?

Definitely doable. You might be at a slight disadvantage for not having micro 410 but 301 will be good enough. You just have to memorize a lot of stuff (what bacteria causes what disease, symptoms, mode of transmission...). By the way how does taking classes at the UW work after you graduate? Do you have to get permission/apply?

Thanks for the response. You register as a nonmatriculated student (http://www.outreach.washington.edu/nondegree/register/steps_nm.asp) the first day of class.

hey! I got my phone call from Kathy on Dec 1st around 10:30am! Cant wait to start! good luck to you all!

What are you guys GPA and DAT score? I really really want to get into UW Dental.

take 442 will prepare you better for dental school. i have helped dental students out with studying from what i learned in that class regardin antibiotics an bacteriology.

BUt for all who havnt heard yet dont sweat. UW is natoriously delayed on filling its class. most attending students didn't hear until well after january first from what i have learned from students and last year they were only half filled come spring quarter. ANd besides it doesn't matter when you get accepted just that you do!

Good luck to all!!!

i have a friedn with 3.3ish and 19 and got in adn another with 3.8ish and 23 that didn't. its a whole package thing not just scores.

But mine are 3.74 and 22.

great course. starts from scratch. so doesnt matter your previous course work. of course it helps, but wont hurt you too bad. as long as you study and dont fall behind. Tests are straight forward and directly from power points. 2-3 questions from each leacture and are exactly as writen in notes, no surprises. Just study and youll do fine. if not you probably will have dificulty in dental school

What are you guys GPA and DAT score? I really really want to get into UW Dental.

GPA- 3.6; DAT- 21AA/20TS/21PAT

UW really looks at the whole package from what I've heard from other dental students. Obviously the stats are a big part of the application, but UW is good about looking at your entire application.

Anybody heard anything from UW recently?

When do they start inviting more people for interviews?

Hey! I just got an email inviting me to interview at UW! I called Kathy immediately but I had to leave a voicemail. Hopefully they get back to me soon! I want to interview there ASAP!

Congrats to all those who are already in! It is my dream school!

Hey, congrats everyone. This is my first post to accompany my first interview coming up at UW... I've been reading this site for a while and thought it was about time I contribute. Anyone else going to the interview on the 21st? Really hoping it goes well, love the school and the city.

Hey, congrats everyone. This is my first post to accompany my first interview coming up at UW... I've been reading this site for a while and thought it was about time I contribute. Anyone else going to the interview on the 21st? Really hoping it goes well, love the school and the city.

21st of Dec? Wow, didn't know they were doing interviews so close to Christmas. Good luck! I love Seattle - hope to stay here. :xf:

I hope I can get an interview before Christmas, but there are probably full. I will shoot for the earliest one available after the holidays. Good luck to everyone!

I hope I can get an interview before Christmas, but there are probably full. I will shoot for the earliest one available after the holidays. Good luck to everyone!

Kathy will tell you, and it's very true for UW, that they don't make the majority of their decisions in December. My guess is that they've MAYBE filled up half of the class, but they interview through February and still have many spots available. Unlike many dental schools, they don't make the majority of their decisions on Dec. 1st. So if you have a December/January interview, you will still have a good chance to get in.

Good luck in your interview.

Kathy will tell you, and it's very true for UW, that they don't make the majority of their decisions in December. My guess is that they've MAYBE filled up half of the class, but they interview through February and still have many spots available. Unlike many dental schools, they don't make the majority of their decisions on Dec. 1st. So if you have a December/January interview, you will still have a good chance to get in.

Good luck in your interview.

I have an interview for the 21st as well! YES! Any comments on what the interviews were like? Any sneak questions? Thanks for the help!