Is There a "No Score" Option at End of PCAT After You Are Done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

slatenator

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am pretty sure the answer to this is yes. I think I remember seeing this as an option on the October 2009 PCAT. Does anyone know this for sure. Is it at the beginning or the end of the test?

I got a 69% composite on the October 2009 PCAT and signed up to take it again in January 2010 but seriously don't know if I will have time to study more for it (haven't yet). However, i am already signed up and think it would still be worth $150 to see another "real" PCAT even if I didn't opt to score it or knew I wouldn't do better (or worse).

Has anyone here no-scored a test? Thanks again.
 
If you selected PharmCAS as a recipient and then no score the test, will schools still see that you took the test and didn't recieve a score? I suspect this might look bad
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you choose no score, no one will see it except for you and Pearsons.

Pretty sure your test wont be graded at all and there will be no history of you taking the exam. It basically becomes a practice test for 150 bucks where you dont even know how you do.
 
I just called Pearson to confirm this and you are right: schools will not know you have "no scored" the test even if you selected them or PharmCAS as a score recipient and you can use the no score option at anytime during the test.

Heck, with all the crazy stuff I saw on the Oct 09 PCAT in the Math and Chem section, I still think it would be worth $150 to see a real sample tests. I will brainstorm afterwards and take notes on what I saw.

With my current time studying, I don't know if I will go above a 69% (my last score) so this will probably be just be a "research" round.