2010-2011 NYU Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

I've always wanted to be on the first page of one of these threads. I hope NYU reciprocates my love for them.

I've always wanted to be on the first page of one of these threads. I hope NYU reciprocates my love for them.

You're getting off to a great start! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
so whats it like living in NYC anyone???
the only downside to this place is I probably wont be bringing my car =(
but i'll probably forget all about it in midst of all the excitement in nyc. right?

so whats it like living in NYC anyone???
the only downside to this place is I probably wont be bringing my car =(
but i'll probably forget all about it in midst of all the excitement in nyc. right?
With the subway system you won't need a car in New York City. Even in the outer boroughs getting around is generally pretty easy if you don't have a car. If you're going to live in the city, you're probably better off without a car.

With the subway system you won't need a car in New York City. Even in the outer boroughs getting around is generally pretty easy if you don't have a car. If you're going to live in the city, you're probably better off without a car.

yea i figured it would just be an expensive burden.

When is NYU going to move up in the rankings!!!!

I am sick and tired of it being ranked lower than top 20. I just don't know why NYU doesn't just do more research to get more NIH funding so it can move up in the rankings?!

Also, what is the deal with the renovations. What is happening and can we get a progress report?

regardless of its ranking, people still recognize nyu as a a very prestigious med school.

I have a question to anyone who goes to NYU...
Is their a community type feel between students and faculty?? what about the rest of nyu? does the med school do anything with the rest of NYU

love bumpin <3

Hey Everyone!

I'm going to be applying for the next cycle and NYU is my top choice. For those of you who have already applied (or applied and have been accepted in the past), is there any advice that you can give? Or anything that you would suggest getting started on early?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Good luck with your applications!

going through the process now...i'll get back to you :)

Watching America's Got Talent Auditions in NYC. I'm thinking, "How bomb would it be to go to medical school there?"

Let's roll people!

Members don't see this ad :)
haha NYC oh em geeeee

the only -ve's i've heard about nyu is
1. apparantly the anatomy lab sucks, in that its old and stingy.
2. the dorms, but i think they have a new building now.

Still, going to med school in NYC would trump that in my book, haha. :p

i couldnt agree more. lets hope nyu shows us love.

Yup anatomy labs aren't so great. But then again, most anatomy labs aren't so great. So it's hard to give them low points on that.

SO excited, even to just apply to NYU!

Good luck, everyone

:rolleyes: I did my undergrad in NYC, and worked hard like all of us premeds did. I honestly didn't find myself having any time to really go out on the town, and I can't imagine the situation improving in med school. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

Good luck, everyone

:rolleyes: I did my undergrad in NYC, and worked hard like all of us premeds did. I honestly didn't find myself having any time to really go out on the town, and I can't imagine the situation improving in med school. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

dont worry i'll force you :)
here's to hoping we all get in:xf:

Good luck, everyone

My best friend knows a guy who's in his 4th year of med school at NYU. He told her it's been the most fun he's ever had. Apparently he said he went out even more than he did as an undergrad! :thumbup:

nope but this is good cuz i dont have all my letters yet :p haha

any1 get this secondary yet?? what r they doing over there...

secondary is out, received an email.

question: on the course requirements section (or that section for any school), which would be better to list--an A in an enligsh course that i took in high school for which i received community college credit, or an AP class for an english class that i took in high school for which i received credit from my UG institution? (they're actually the same class)

^^^basically the issue is whether I should put down an A from a CC or an "AP" from my UG. any help appreciated.

got the secondary! yay!

Last edited:
:)

Under required coursework they ask for 6 credits of each sci subject.

However, NYU SOM's actual requirments are 1Year + Lab. Any idea whether we leave the labs out if they're separate from the class? or add one of the two in the third space?

I would suggest writing Course name + Lab in the space but that leaves those of us with different grades in lab and lecture out of luck...

:luck::luck::luck:

Received and submitted. Now back to sleep its only 7 am here in the west

sweeeet i got the secondary today too,

the course thing is confusing me too..

do we put only the courses we have taken or also the ones we are planning to take before matriculation? (cuz i havent taken english yet)

thanksss

secondary is out, received an email.

question: on the course requirements section (or that section for any school), which would be better to list--an A in an enligsh course that i took in high school for which i received community college credit, or an AP class for an english class that i took in high school for which i received credit from my UG institution? (they're actually the same class)

According to the FAQ page, AP credit is acceptable, but Community College credit is not recommended.

http://admissions.med.nyu.edu/faqs

hope this helps!

the girlfriend woke up for work and the 1 year old who lives above me likes to stomp up and down from 630-7

haha well to make u feel better i was up till 4 last night and my dad made me get up at 8 to go renew my drivers license.
...he also did this to me yesterday..

According to the FAQ page, AP credit is acceptable, but Community College credit is not recommended.

http://admissions.med.nyu.edu/faqs

hope this helps!

Well, for Boston University neither is recommended. Online courses nor international schools (except Canadian 4 year universities) aren't recommended either.

"Acceptable" does not sound too hot either. Whoever is planning for future applications should stay away from AP credit as well.

submitted! :D

love me love me say that you love me.... nyu

darn i haven't gotten anything yet...does nyu screen for secondaries?

darn i haven't gotten anything yet...does nyu screen for secondaries?

No, they don't screen. But I haven't gotten it either. Maybe they're sending it out in batches by who was verified first?

Okay that makes sense since I was verified in late June. Thanks loua

haha well to make u feel better i was up till 4 last night and my dad made me get up at 8 to go renew my drivers license.
...he also did this to me yesterday..

That sucks. Reminds me of last week when I had people over and apparently woke my dad up at 2am, he gets back by waking me up at 530 and convincing me I'm late for an appointment and then says just kidding once I'm out of bed.

any one know if it really matters whether I submit NYU secondary like now versus in couple weeks.

One their site it says they won't start sending interview invites till September. Even though it's consider rolling application not sure if it really matters if we submit now...

trying to prioritize all those secondaries

That sucks. Reminds me of last week when I had people over and apparently woke my dad up at 2am, he gets back by waking me up at 530 and convincing me I'm late for an appointment and then says just kidding once I'm out of bed.

haha TRUST NO ONE!

Secondary received today. I was verified by AMCAS on 6/14, so verification has nothing to do with NYU sending secondaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.