2010-2011 University of Central Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

My top choice also :) Are you in state or out of state?

Members don't see this ad :)
Out of state. You?

In state. The campus is actually 6 miles away from my house haha. I hear they have roughly 90 seats for our class, which should be great :) I have yet to submit my AMCAS though.

This program is/is going to be amazing. I was just down at the campus walking around last week. The facilities are stellar. I'm hoping that the lack of the 40x4x40 will give some of us a fighting chance. Best of luck to us all!

Is anyone else having problems paying the fee? I submitted the fee and then it was declined. I logged into my bank account and saw that two transactions: one paying UCF and another one paying me back almost instantly. This is weird. Any advice?

everyone is having the same problem. they posted an announcement that they are trying to fix it.

I called earlier today and the guy just told me to wait it out.. so, we shall see lol.

The fee process is fixed. I just submitted my secondary, fee, and picture. Everything went through fine.

Now I just get to be nervous for like 2-3 months, lol.

was able to submit over the weekend, although status still says hold for information. Anyone got same?

was able to submit over the weekend, although status still says hold for information. Anyone got same?

Yup.. and I submitted my app, paid and sent them my LOR's, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok my status changed to LOR 3/1 meaning they are waiting for 1 more letter from me til my file is complete. I just sent it in the final letter today, hopefully that status changes soon. :) how is everyone else doing on the status of their apps?

ok my status changed to LOR 3/1 meaning they are waiting for 1 more letter from me til my file is complete. I just sent it in the final letter today, hopefully that status changes soon. :) how is everyone else doing on the status of their apps?

Yea, me too.. but I sent them all of my letters o_O they counted one of my character reference letters as a faculty letter, since she was one of my teachers.. but i did research with her for months, so i was using her letter as one of my character reference ones.. ah well, i just called. hopefully they change it soon so my application can be complete -.- lol.

I submitted my "supplemental application package" this past weekend and sent the letters via AMCAS yesterday evening. On UCF's website, it says my "supplemental application package" is complete, but that was the status before I submitted the LORs. Does UCF send an email confirmation when the entire application is complete (letters and all)?

I submitted my "supplemental application package" this past weekend and sent the letters via AMCAS yesterday evening. On UCF's website, it says my "supplemental application package" is complete, but that was the status before I submitted the LORs. Does UCF send an email confirmation when the entire application is complete (letters and all)?

I didn't get one. Just call tomorrow and make sure they have your secondary and all your letters. Although, the guy who usually answers the phone doesn't seem to excited to be there =P haha.

I didn't get one. Just call tomorrow and make sure they have your secondary and all your letters. Although, the guy who usually answers the phone doesn't seem to excited to be there =P haha.

Yeah, I'll call them tomorrow. But on the secondary application, will it say something different than just "supplemental application complete" if you finished the app AND they received the letters?

Yeah, I'll call them tomorrow. But on the secondary application, will it say something different than just "supplemental application complete" if you finished the app AND they received the letters?

Once they have everything, it just says "File complete.. ready for review". Good luck!!

Everything is in for me, but I'm worried because I had a letter from my supervisor automatically set to go to them, and when AMCAS sent out letters on the 25th, they got it and counted it as a peer letter. So I have my 3 faculty letters in, the professional letter and 1 peer letter are counting as my 2 peer letters. Should I just submit an extra letter from a 2nd peer to cover this?

I guess I should call and ask.

Yea, me too.. but I sent them all of my letters o_O they counted one of my character reference letters as a faculty letter, since she was one of my teachers.. but i did research with her for months, so i was using her letter as one of my character reference ones.. ah well, i just called. hopefully they change it soon so my application can be complete -.- lol.

Where on the dashboard does it tell you how they designated the letters?

My status was complete the other day, today i just received an email from them confirming my complete file. Also said about how long review should take, about 2 weeks, and just the criteria about interview process should you be given one. :)

My status was complete the other day, today i just received an email from them confirming my complete file. Also said about how long review should take, about 2 weeks, and just the criteria about interview process should you be given one. :)

Same here.. hope we make the cut!! :thumbup:

It gives you a fraction under letters received. It should be 3/2 to be complete if you sent single letters. 3 for professors, 2 for the character reference/peer reviewers.

hmmm...I got an email stating "Thank you for providing all of the information that we need to review your application", but on the dashboard, I see nothing at all about letters.

Woot! Just got my "under review" email. I'll be checking daily and praying to see "eligible for interview." This is my 1st choice school especially since my husband was just transferred to Orlando.

If I recall from my previous application, and REL can confirm if it is still the case, if they want to out right reject you they will do so in 10 days to about 2 weeks but if you don't hear anything back in 10 days after being reviewed you are still in the considering for any point in this cycle. Doesn't mean you'll get an interview right away but that you will continually be considered against other apps.

Yes, the email I received said your status would be changed to "Not Competitive" or "Eligible for Interview."

I'm just nervous and excited at the time. My status still says File is complete, so lets see where this goes.

is there any essays? thanks! :)

would someone mind posting them? :p

would someone mind posting them? :p

Sure, here you go:

Please provide a 1-2 page essay to help us understand "who" you are. Include what you can contribute to your class, the medical profession in general, as well as descriptions of significant events or circumstances that have shaped your character. Please also include information about your family, personal interests, hobbies, travels, and specific goals you may have achieved. This essay should be different than your AMCAS Personal Statement.

Smaller ones:

Please provide information about clinical medical volunteering, shadowing, or medical work experiences that are NOT included in your AMCAS application. (Please leave blank if there is no additional information)

Please provide information about community service that is NOT included in your AMCAS application. (Please leave blank if there is no additional information)

Please provide information about research experience that is NOT included in your AMCAS application. (Please leave blank if there is no additional information)

Please provide information about teamwork experience that is NOT included in your AMCAS application. (Please leave blank if there is no additional information)

Please provide any additional information about leadership experience that is NOT included in your AMCAS application. (Please leave blank if there is no additional information)

Please provide information about unique, high-level accomplishments that are NOT included in your AMCAS application. (This area may be left blank)

Please provide information regarding hardships that you might have overcome that are NOT included in your AMCAS application. (This area may be left blank)

Please provide any information that you would like the UCF COM Medical Student Admissions Committee to consider that has not been addressed in your AMCAS application. (This area may be left blank)

Does UCF screen for secondaries? I have been verified since June and haven't receive anything yet.

Does UCF screen for secondaries? I have been verified since June and haven't receive anything yet.

UCF does screen once verification has occurred. The dashboard should provide you with your status. If it has been several days since your file was verified and your dashboard does not have a status (you can select the status for a definition), you need to contact the admissions office.

It is quite long, but most of it is not mandatory. However, while I was annoyed at first it allowed me to update with research and shadowing information that I didn't have the beginning of June. Saves a lot of update emails.

Also, as for screening, I believe they screen out anything below a 24 MCAT and 3.0 gpa per the secondary instructions.

My status is still at File is complete - ready for review. Anyone get any new update on their status?

I take it your status is now eligible for interview? :) I'm still at "Complete- Ready for Review" since about the 8th.

Same...it's approaching 10-14 business days though, so I am hoping to hear something soon!

Hello everyone! I recently submitted my primary and secondary applications to UCF, and I am just waiting for an update on my letters. It says 3/0 saying that I have no character reference letters, but I had at least 6 letters sent to AMCAS with 2 of them being character references although one of them may have been counted as a faculty letter by mistake. Does anyone know of how to get this changed or how they designate the letters?

Hello everyone! I recently submitted my primary and secondary applications to UCF, and I am just waiting for an update on my letters. It says 3/0 saying that I have no character reference letters, but I had at least 6 letters sent to AMCAS with 2 of them being character references although one of them may have been counted as a faculty letter by mistake. Does anyone know of how to get this changed or how they designate the letters?

I had the same problem. Just call them tomorrow and ask the guy to change it for you. Make sure you tell him which are your faculty letters and which are your character reference letters. Within minutes, I got my completion email. Hope I helped! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.