You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 University of Central Florida Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Not I. Tomorrow will technically be 10 business days for me. I think I might go to the gym most of the day just to keep from obsessively checking 😉 The first week or so of July was very busy with secondaries and then nothing. I need a new hobby. Perhaps another volunteering gig. I don't need sleep 🙂
Not I. Tomorrow will technically be 10 business days for me. I think I might go to the gym most of the day just to keep from obsessively checking 😉 The first week or so of July was very busy with secondaries and then nothing. I need a new hobby. Perhaps another volunteering gig. I don't need sleep 🙂
I bet I'm more obsessive than you...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well it says 10-15 days so it may be another 5 days before it absolutely changes.
I know 🙂 In the end there is no absolute anyway, but I can hope!
So has anyone seen their status change from "file complete"??
still at file complete.
I've been complete for about 14 business days now...so anxious to here back from this school!
13 bd here. Same feeling 🙂
So no news??? Its been 7 days for me. I'm just wondering does your guys' status say under review or ready for review?
That's what mine still says.
I think the general concensus is that "under review" doesn't exist. I believe it should change from "ready for review" to "eligible for interview" or "uncompetitive." as far as I can tell no one has had a status change yet.
Even once it changes they won't call for interviews until mid-late August because they give 3 wks notice and the first interview date is sept 10th if memory serves.
the guy? You mean REL? i.e. admissions director of UCF COM!!!
REL posts on here too. But yes call MD admissions and talk to REL because he's amazing and he'll get on it right away. I know no one who is as efficient as him. lol.
I called and they told me to write an email because that is their fastest method of communication. Turned out that one of my letters wasn't uploaded onto AMCAS by my pre-med office so good thing I asked, but it took about 2 emails to clear it up, and REL was the person that replied to me. As of yesterday, my file is complete and ready for review and I received an email about that from REL as well. Now time to sit and be anxious for the next 9-14 business days!
As of yesterday, my file is complete and ready for review and I received an email about that from REL as well. Now time to sit and be anxious for the next 9-14 business days!
👍 Good luck!
It's been 13 business days for me..... I'm getting nervous, lol.
mine: File complete and ready for review on 7/6, still the same status
Well I guess I can stop being nervous then. Mine has only been in that status since 7/11
Well I guess I can stop being nervous then. Mine has only been in that status since 7/11
Man, a bunch of early birds! We should begin to receive information back from the AORTA tomorrow afternoon and then roughly weekly after that. At this point the responses will mostly be eligible for interview selection or not competitive (there shouldnt be too many of these). Eligible for interview selection is another "holding point" where the interview committee will review all in this category on a weekly basis as interview groups are formed. Over the course of the year this group will get large and all in this category will not be interviewed.
As noted, there is another week or so before the interview groupings begin since the initial interview day is the second Friday in September. Advice: It's a loooooonnnnnnggggg process with interviews from Sept-March.....pace yourself, dont get too high or too low....
Last edited:
Man, a bunch of early birds! We should begin to receive information back from the AORTA tomorrow afternoon and then roughly weekly after that. At this point the responses will mostly be eligible for interview selection or not competitive (there shouldnt be too many of these).
Awesome, thanks for letting us know!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Small pooled - Eligible for Interview!
Unfortunately as REL said, this is another holding process, but it feels good to get past the first step!
When did yours change? I just got home from work and I am afraid to look.
Just looked, no change for me. Better no news than bad news. 

Well I checked at 3, had to go somewhere, then came back again and checked at 4:30, so sometime in between then.
Yeah, they probably haven't gotten to your application yet because I'm sure they would've changed your status either way. According to REL, it looks like they check about every week.
Yeah, they probably haven't gotten to your application yet because I'm sure they would've changed your status either way. According to REL, it looks like they check about every week.
Yeah, I was hopeful that it would be this week since I was complete pretty much the day after you, but I can live with another week or so. 🙂
I have AP Chemistry training all next week anyway, so I'll be busy doing labs and grading papers. Hopefully it will keep me super busy! 👍
I have AP Chemistry training all next week anyway, so I'll be busy doing labs and grading papers. Hopefully it will keep me super busy! 👍
My status changed too. AORTA-Eligible for Interview! Woot!
I know it's just a holding spot, but it's nice to be another step closer.
Much 😍 for UCF.
I know it's just a holding spot, but it's nice to be another step closer.
Much 😍 for UCF.
My status changed too. AORTA-Eligible for Interview! Woot!
I know it's just a holding spot, but it's nice to be another step closer.
Much 😍 for UCF.
Whoo hoo!!! My status changed to "AORTA - Eligible for Interview" too!! So psyched!! Hoping for some more good news =]
Just submitted my secondary today....Of course my status is "holding for MCAT score" ah! This is my top choice school-I would love to have completed undergrad AND med school at UCF!! I HATE waiting for my MCAT score!!! GOOD LUCK to everyone applying- I really hope we can form an amazing UCF COM Class of 2015!!! 🙂
Hey, this is my first post. I have been reading all the threads and decided to finally register. my status just changed to AORTA - ELIGIBLE FOR INTERVIEW SELECTION 🙂. I submitted Jul 11th, completed status Jul 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I checked mine yesterday and it says the same thing.
I believe we'll all be like that for a little while. I think the first round of interview invites goes out mid-late august. We just have to hold tight.

Yeah crossing fingers here too. But I am glad I got past the initial screening. I was a bit worried.
Same here. 🙂
Same here. 🙂
Haha, me too.
Yay! Just got a call for an interview! Scheduled for Sept. 10th. I was totally not expecting it because my status online never changed to AORTA- Eligible for Interview or whatever that status is. It still said File Complete - Ready for Review when I checked my status like 10 mins before he called! Has anyone else heard today? Hope everyone hears soon! 😀

Yay! Just got a call for an interview! Scheduled for Sept. 10th. I was totally not expecting it because my status online never changed to AORTA- Eligible for Interview or whatever that status is. It still said File Complete - Ready for Review when I checked my status like 10 mins before he called! Has anyone else heard today? Hope everyone hears soon! 😀![]()
Wow, grats! Not heard anything here. Still crossing my fingers. Good luck on the interview! Would you mind giving stats?
Wow, grats! Not heard anything here. Still crossing my fingers. Good luck on the interview! Would you mind giving stats?
3.8 overall GPA, 3.60 BCPM, 3.96 AO, 27Q (9, 9, 9) (low MCAT, I know)
Submitted AMCAS: 6/15 Verified: 7/13 SS: 7/21
Let me know if you wanted to see something else or you can just look at my MDApps.

I've just finished submitting my AMCAS -- I know, slow on that but hopefully not too late. I want to be ready on my secondaries, so I appreciate someone earlier posting the essay questions for this school, but I read several posts about LORs -- do they require LORs specific to the secondary application? I'm confused about this. If I need to get some LOR writers lined up, I need to know and get rolling on this.
I've just finished submitting my AMCAS -- I know, slow on that but hopefully not too late. I want to be ready on my secondaries, so I appreciate someone earlier posting the essay questions for this school, but I read several posts about LORs -- do they require LORs specific to the secondary application? I'm confused about this. If I need to get some LOR writers lined up, I need to know and get rolling on this.
Pretty much to be complete, you're gonna have to have your 5 letters in.
Dear UCF,
I would just like to say that I appreciate that the secondary fee is $30 (not $105) and that the online application is very sleek and runs oh-so-nicely. Other schools could learn a thing or two from you!
kthxbai,
Me
+1. Very efficient process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's been so quiet here for over a week. Do you think they filled the 1st interview date in that one afternoon? I think we only heard from 2 people, but I guess there aren't too many of us on sdn.
Hey, guys. Quick question...as I do not remember from last year. While waiting for my AMCAS to verify (hopefully soon), I am working on the secondary application. Do guys know if there is a word/character limit for the smaller and main essays?
Thanks in advance for your help! And good luck to all!
Thanks in advance for your help! And good luck to all!
Hey, guys. Quick question...as I do not remember from last year. While waiting for my AMCAS to verify (hopefully soon), I am working on the secondary application. Do guys know if there is a word/character limit for the smaller and main essays?
Thanks in advance for your help! And good luck to all!
There is a 2000 character limit for the smaller essays and the main essay should be 1-2 pages. Mine was about 6,000 characters. I am not sure if it cuts you off past a certain point though. Good luck 🙂
Okay -- I live in Texas so I must be getting different information. I'm also non traditional so I don't have a committee packet from undergrad so I've gotten three LORs and according to most advice I've gotten that's all they want. Why do you say five LORs?
For non-traditional applicants, you can replace up to 3 professor letters with 3 supervisor letters. You still need 2 character letters.

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K