Averaging around 8 on TBR passages: Postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am almost done with the TBR passages (bio, chem, ochem, and physics) and my average for each subject based on the books scale is around an 8. I have about 3 weeks left to study. Should I postpone or take the test?

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking of TBR, I was doing chem this week and it was going fine, until I hit acid base chemistry. Let's just say that I was harassed pretty badly.

I am almost done with the TBR passages (bio, chem, ochem, and physics) and my average for each subject based on the books scale is around an 8. I have about 3 weeks left to study. Should I postpone or take the test?

TBR seems pretty much right on for me when it comes to PS, I was averaging 10-11s in the books and it is what I was getting on AAMC practices.

With that said, I'd go ahead and take AAMC 3R if you are pretty close to being done with your content review (which I hope you are only 3 weeks from test day) before rescheduling.

TBR seems pretty much right on for me when it comes to PS, I was averaging 10-11s in the books and it is what I was getting on AAMC practices.

With that said, I'd go ahead and take AAMC 3R if you are pretty close to being done with your content review (which I hope you are only 3 weeks from test day) before rescheduling.

Thanks for the response! How did your bio/ochem scores compare?

Members don't see this ad :)
Never used those, but do the amcas official mcats.... there are 10 of them. costly, but.... see where you stand there before you make a decision.

take some practice tests and see.

although you're only getting 8's, if you are learning from your mistakes and are not going to make them again, you may do well on the aamc's.

take 2-3 tests. if it's not where you want it, postpone.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but are you guys using the older versions or the 2009? Just wondering how good the older ones are to use.