Averaging around 8 on TBR passages: Postpone?

Started by moto_za
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moto_za

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am almost done with the TBR passages (bio, chem, ochem, and physics) and my average for each subject based on the books scale is around an 8. I have about 3 weeks left to study. Should I postpone or take the test?
 
I am almost done with the TBR passages (bio, chem, ochem, and physics) and my average for each subject based on the books scale is around an 8. I have about 3 weeks left to study. Should I postpone or take the test?


TBR seems pretty much right on for me when it comes to PS, I was averaging 10-11s in the books and it is what I was getting on AAMC practices.

With that said, I'd go ahead and take AAMC 3R if you are pretty close to being done with your content review (which I hope you are only 3 weeks from test day) before rescheduling.
 
TBR seems pretty much right on for me when it comes to PS, I was averaging 10-11s in the books and it is what I was getting on AAMC practices.

With that said, I'd go ahead and take AAMC 3R if you are pretty close to being done with your content review (which I hope you are only 3 weeks from test day) before rescheduling.

Thanks for the response! How did your bio/ochem scores compare?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Never used those, but do the amcas official mcats.... there are 10 of them. costly, but.... see where you stand there before you make a decision.
 
take some practice tests and see.

although you're only getting 8's, if you are learning from your mistakes and are not going to make them again, you may do well on the aamc's.

take 2-3 tests. if it's not where you want it, postpone.