Dat done :d 7/02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhk5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
so i'm really excited to be done!! and i'll give a complete breakdown...and just ask if you have any questions, pm or thread

dun dun dun...
BIO 24
GC 29 :D
OC 25
PAT 23
RC 21
QR 21

NS 26 (99.9%)
AA 24 (99.9%) HOLLA!

right before my exam was when the game was ending (RIP brazil) and i randomly walked into (surprise!) dentist's office to watch and was almost late to my exam..
so the people there was nice and everything was good. the lady who walked me in was like...you're gonna be a cute dentist (cuz im short i guess lol). during my break i thought i failed science and pat so i started freaking out.. anyways...

I started studying four weeks ago...i used kaplan, barrons, achiever, topscore. overall, achiever killed my spirit. kaplan was good for starting somewehere, esp if you have no science background. topscore, definitely useful. and the ordered dat is good too, especially for qr, gc, and oc.

BIO -- SOO many random questions i don't even know where to begin. But I recommend Cliff's... although I'm surprised I didn't get any taxonomy or genetic engineering (a lot of people from last few days had q's from chapter 18-21 Campbell book). But know general evolutionary trends in animal body plans. EDIT: a lot on microtubules, microfilaments and such so brush up on that!

GC -- I thought this was going to be my lowest science score but it wasn't :laugh:. Topscore and Kaplans is good enough for this. Achiever takes it to whole another level, i think it's unnecessary..

(edit) OC-- Oops, how could I forget Orgo?? I think Kaplans is sufficient for this, most of the reactions were from like 1 semester of class, nmr and ir straightforward, aromatic easy, nothing really tricky in this section. Be sure to know stereochemistry of reactions, such as adding KMO4, cold, to double bonds --> add's two OH, cis.

PAT -- I remember in my first Kaplan test I got a 13...so very happy with this score..the angles were easier than I thought, same with folding, a few TFE and keywholes way out there. Topscore and Kaplan was too easy for this.

RC -- SO HAPPY about this score...english is my 4th language. my passages were easy, telomeres, genetic engineering, and aging so i had a good background on the topics. i made a "map" of the paragraphs and it helped.

QR -- Didn't finish it, calculator helped TONS, no delay or anything. I tried to do all the easy calculators and then go back to superwordy problems. and some p-value problem that was confusing (even though I took Stat).

Bio/ GC/ OC/ PAT/ RC/ QR
achiever scores (with 1.5x the time :p)
17/ 16/ 17/ 15/ 17/ 15
17/ 18/ 15/ 15/ 18/ 13 <--lol

topscore scores
21/ 19/ 20/ 21/ 21/ 21
20/ 18/ 21/ 22/ 22/ 23
22/ 20/ 23/ 21/ 20/ 22

[edit] people asked so... I'm studying Honors in Biology, Middle Eastern Studies, and Chemistry at a state university and cGPA = 3.98, science GPA is 4.0 and I've shadowed, done gateway, and volunteered at a dental clinic :D
so far my top schools are columbia and umdnj :xf:

HAVE A FUN FOURTH of JULY WEEKEND!!! PEACE!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow.. congrats man.
u murdered the sciences...
I'm so so not ready for Bio :(
I'm crossing my exam will have many molecular cell bio/physio/genetics stuff on it.. i hate plants and taxonomy :((((
did u get to memorize everthing in the biological diversities chapter for cliff's? omg... i'm like... :(

Very well done, sir! I hope you get columbia.. or maybe you could just save me a spot in umdnj :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Ibracadabra: no I'm not a memorizer, but I tried to make sense of the body plan evolution. I didn't have anything about Protists, fungi...or any animals or taxonomy in fact...but something about a lobe-finned fish...there were several "common theme" in evolution of animals questions though

duodenum: I have never used destroyer :/

and LOL i'm not a dude :)

amazing :). I was totally worried I would never have enough time to study.. DAT on the 28th.. but look how well u did with 4 weeks! I started a while ago.. but nowhere close to enough.
How did u study/ practice for RC? Any strategies?

Seems like the average for this cycle is going to be really really high!

You go around every thread posting this and everyone says its flawed logic yet people like yourself won't quit saying it. The average will not be different from what it was last year because there is much more to the average than people who post on here that got high scores.
But to the OP, great job...you nailed it

Awesome scores!

Can you explain what you mean by body plan evolution? are you talking about dueterosomes/protosomes?

Also, did you have multiple questions that asked about microfilament/tubules? I can't think of what they could possible ask about that for more than one question??

yea there were at least 3 questions on it, one about the cell cycle (G, S, M) another involving a cell process, another about cytokinesis --and which cytoskeletal parts are involved in each.

as for body plan...i dont want to give away the questions...but they were about fish evolution, archenteron, protosome..

also know where the cell bodies and tails of afferent and efferent neurons are..and types of neurons in white and gray matter in spinal cord and brain..and cells in the skin layer and membranes and structures involved in respiration