Still on NYU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJO20

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to see who else is in the same boat waiting for NYU to give them some hint of where we stand. As of now every time I call I get the same response that they do not tell where you stand on the waitlist and that you have up to the first day of orientation (Aug 14th ?) to be accepted. Now I consider myself to be a patient person, but I think its ridiculous that they won't say where I stand. If I am # 230 then I can move on with my life and start looking for a job. If i'm #5 then maybe I can start getting my hopes up and get prepared for the first day of school. Please let me know if anyone else is going through all this bull**** and we can share our pain together.
Mike

Members don't see this ad.

hi there,

You are not alone, I am in the same situation. I know it's frustrated to wait like this, but I wouldn't tell us where we stand. Are you planning to reapply this year? If you still want to go to NYU, just let them know that. They will forward your application for next year, w/o going thru AADSAS.

It seemed like there are a few from this forum who still on NYU wait list. Keep in touch.

sincerely,
futuredds

Dear Mike,

you and I as well as few others share the pain of waiting. although it is frustrating not to know where we stand on the wait-list, we have to understand that schools usually dont tell the applicats where they stand. this is the same policy for both medical and dental schools (according to my schools advisor) and i really disgree with such policy.

in terms of how much time we have, i was told we have until first day of achool (8/25) to get accepted. my suggestion to you is to start looking for a job and re-applying.. a 2nd plan has never hurt.

good luck to you..

Waiting Comet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I am still on the wait list for BU and school starts this Monday.....I realized that I need to move on with my life...I have re-applied and I am positive next year I will get in. I gave them my DAT scores really late.....

Don't give up....if you guys don't get in this year, there is next year. Its worth the wait...but enjoy your life....because its short.

All the best!

Hi Guys,
I'm on the NYU wait list as well. I share your pain.:mad: As far as I know NYU hasn't taken anybody off the waitlist, but I've been told people can get accepted up until the first week of school. Hope we all get in.

Hi Guys,

am in the same boat, it is definitley a stressful process. I've been waiting forever on the waiting list for Case western... the school has started already so I gave up on this year but there is always next year I guess :(

Hi Guys,

I too am having fun with the whole waitlist experience (but at Tufts and Temple). Do you guys plan on re-applying for 2004? If yes, what can a waitlisted student do to get a better shot at gaining admission for next year?

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping you all will be willing to let me know (more or less)what kinds of scores you submitted to NYU for both your cumulative GPA's as well as DAT's? I ask because so many have been waitlisted and so I'm trying to get an idea of what the application pool is generally like for NYU. I do understand that this is private info, however, I figured since a forum like this is around ... well, you know.

Thanks,

Worrywart Saumya77 :confused: