LOI/ What to do on Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalfairy12828

Reaction score
I am very blessed to be accepted to a great school that I will be very happy to attend. On the other hand, I can't help but be disappointed that I got waitlisted at my top school. :( It would be closer to home, less expensive, and has a great outlook on match rates. I'm not sure how many people come off the waitlist at this school, bc it seems like a lot of people got waitlisted and are in the same boat. I'm looking for advice on what to do. I don't really know what a LOI looks like or if I should even send one or just wait. I also don't know if I should respond to the waitlist email and express my interest? Please help I feel lost! Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am very blessed to be accepted to a great school that I will be very happy to attend. On the other hand, I can't help but be disappointed that I got waitlisted at my top school. :( It would be closer to home, less expensive, and has a great outlook on match rates. I'm not sure how many people come off the waitlist at this school, bc it seems like a lot of people got waitlisted and are in the same boat. I'm looking for advice on what to do. I don't really know what a LOI looks like or if I should even send one or just wait. I also don't know if I should respond to the waitlist email and express my interest? Please help I feel lost! Thank you
is your top school public or private?

Members don't see this ad :)
then you must know that public waitlists move slower than private
you have no choice but to pay your deposit and trust the process...
I’ve heard that this waitlist doesn’t move really at all sadly. I figured as much. Do you think a letter of intent would be smart?

I’ve heard that this waitlist doesn’t move really at all sadly. I figured as much. Do you think a letter of intent would be smart?
If you feel that’s the last thing you could do then send one. But do know that historically they don’t do as much as you think they would since they’re non-binding. You can find templates online or use GoogleBard/ChatGPT to give you some ideas.

if you think it will make you feel better, then do it
but i think adcoms know that all the IS people on the waitlist would kill to get in...

if you think it will make you feel better, then do it
but i think adcoms know that all the IS people on the waitlist would kill to get in...
I’m OOS if that makes a difference. It probably doesn’t and I’ll probably send one anyways to make myself feel better 😂 but I figured I would ask and thank you so much for the help!!! I really appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user
If you feel that’s the last thing you could do then send one. But do know that historically they don’t do as much as you think they would since they’re non-binding. You can find templates online or use GoogleBard/ChatGPT to give you some ideas.
That’s depressing but I see why. Thank you!!!

If you have something for an update, send that. Pay your other deposit as insurance for an offer, and be ready to give it up in case the WL becomes an offer. This happens routinely.

Reactions: 1 user