September-October App Submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KillaCam

KillaCam
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent in my AADSAS app in the middle of September and had my final letter of rec recieved in the beginning of October. I have within this last week been received some "complete" emails from schools. I am assuming the pre-december interviews are a far reach but what sort of timeline should I likely expect in receiving interviews?

I have a 3.85 science and overall GPA, 22 AA, 23 TS, and 20 PAT and consider myself (like everyone else says/believes) in good standing with ECs, experiences, and Letters.

Schools applied to: UoP, Columbia, UCLA, UCSF, Maryland, Pitt, UPenn, USC, NYU

Just interested on opinions from those who have heard of others in this situation or know from personal experience about late app submissions and interview timelines. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Finally, a thread for Sept. and Oct. submitters.. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I have similar stats, and similar schools applied to. I'd also be interested to hear some insight about late apps.

i didnt apply late, but my app got complete in late sept. my stat isnt good as yours, but heard from one school already.

your stats are good. dont worry too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
The last part of my AADSAS application, my DAT scores, were mailed on 9/10. I have not heard back from any of the schools that I have applied to. However, I have received and invite from two of my instate schools. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for creating a thread for us late folks!

i sent in my app like beg september, it was completed in like mid sept. I sent in app fees to the schools and some have said my app is complete, 2 have not. My stats are 3.71 gpa and science gpa. 23AA/ 24TS/ 17 (i know) PAT. One school sent me an invite about 3 days after my app was complete but havent heard anything from anyone since

uclaDDS why didnt you apply earlier? (btw ur stats are sick)

Thanks... It's a long story. As an understatement, I was extremely busy this summer...

Hey guys, another late applicant here. Thanks for starting this thread... let's keep each other updated! My mailing date was 10/8.

app complete 9/3 and have only heard from 2 schools, which were rejections other than that I'm still waiting as a bum for at least 1 interview.... My stats are on the lower side of everything so i guess this was expected, especially with a late submission

Well I don't know how much of help I can be because I am a URM but my mailing date was 9/17 and I heard from schools starting about a week ago,so there is still hope guys!:luck:

Well I don't know how much of help I can be because I am a URM but my mailing date was 9/17 and I heard from schools starting about a week ago,so there is still hope guys!:luck:

you probably have amazing stats to go along with your well rounded app.

you probably have amazing stats to go along with your well rounded app.

Well if you call a 3.45and a 17AA amazing then be my guest. I will say though that I do have a very wide range of extracurriculars, research exp and shadowing though.

My understanding for later applicants is that it depends greatly on the school. Minnesota says that if you want to be seriously considered, you need to get everything in before Sept 1. You also hear of people having a lot of success for early fall submission dates. I'll keep looking at the thread, i'll be very interested to see what happens for you guys

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally, a thread for Sept. and Oct. submitters.. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I have similar stats, and similar schools applied to. I'd also be interested to hear some insight about late apps.

holy moly...you're stats are stellar! I don't think you have much to worry about...they'll pick your right out of the flock and even if the schools were near full--they'd definitely want to meet you (just my opinion, but i think you're an outstanding applicant)

holy moly...you're stats are stellar! I don't think you have much to worry about...they'll pick your right out of the flock and even if the schools were near full--they'd definitely want to meet you (just my opinion, but i think you're an outstanding applicant)
Thanks. I hope you're right.

Well, you'll all feel better after seeing my mailing date, Oct 22! I actually submitted much earlier but one of my LOE's was late and none of the schools will review my app until it arrives (with the exception of one non-AADSAS). Unfortunately I don't have the most amazing stats to recommend me, cGPA 3.75, s3.70 AA20, TS21, PAT20. Well, if anyone gets any interviews please tell, because i would really like to have an idea of how long i'll have to wait before hearing something myself.

Well, you'll all feel better after seeing my mailing date, Oct 22! I actually submitted much earlier but one of my LOE's was late and none of the schools will review my app until it arrives (with the exception of one non-AADSAS). Unfortunately I don't have the most amazing stats to recommend me, cGPA 3.75, s3.70 AA20, TS21, PAT20. Well, if anyone gets any interviews please tell, because i would really like to have an idea of how long i'll have to wait before hearing something myself.
Mine was 10/22 too... :/ All we can do is hope for the best. Where did you apply?

submitted oct 1. just getting confirmation from schools now and requests for secondary applications. 27ts/25aa/22pat. hoping for interviews.

Ya good to know there are more people out there that submitted late like me. Took the dat on sep. 7 and it got mailed out on 10/1. I haven't heard from any schools you mentioned but I sent my UCSF / Penn secondary on 10/5....both schools have cashed the checks. I have been getting app. complete emails sporadically ever since the 1st and have only heard back from nova/unlv. Do you guys know how strict columbia is on the 3 science LOR because I'm debating if I should mail the check? I know some schools like maryland don't care about their LOR requirement of 1 biology / 1 chemistry.

Ya good to know there are more people out there that submitted late like me. Took the dat on sep. 7 and it got mailed out on 10/1. I haven't heard from any schools you mentioned but I sent my UCSF / Penn secondary on 10/5....both schools have cashed the checks. I have been getting app. complete emails sporadically ever since the 1st and have only heard back from nova/unlv. Do you guys know how strict columbia is on the 3 science LOR because I'm debating if I should mail the check? I know some schools like maryland don't care about their LOR requirement of 1 biology / 1 chemistry.
I'm hoping Columbia's not too strict on their lor req. I only sent two science profs. If you really want to go there, you might as well give it a shot.

First notification my app. was complete was received on 10/8. Got interview invite from UNLV today... but it's not pre-December interview. It's in February.

Dang!!! FEBRUARY! well, looks like I might be applying again next year, and suddenly I'm feelin a little sick. Especially after reading Doc Toothace's stats on how almost 80% of enrollees had interview's before Dec, and 95% had interviews before or during Feb! But, at least I now know that I should hear something from UNLV in a couple of weeks, thanks

any good news here?
smile.gif

4.0 non sci
3.8 sci
3.91 cum
20aa/20ts/22pat
dat scores mailed 9/17
interview at usc and case western

Dang!!! FEBRUARY! well, looks like I might be applying again next year, and suddenly I'm feelin a little sick. Especially after reading Doc Toothace’s stats on how almost 80% of enrollees had interview’s before Dec, and 95% had interviews before or during Feb! But, at least I now know that I should hear something from UNLV in a couple of weeks, thanks

Reading the previous posts from last year's UNLV thread, I'm pretty sure I got one of the last interview days, if not the absolute last. And they only have 25 students per interview and they only interview Fridays. My interview is the last friday of Feb. and they stop doing interviews in Feb. :( I hope you get that email really really soon.. at least by the end of next week.

I'm hoping Columbia's not too strict on their lor req. I only sent two science profs.

I sent two science LOR's as well and received an interview. Im sure you will get an interview with your stats

Application mailed: sept 10th
Schools applied: NYU, Upenn, columbia, harvard, UB, BU, Indiana
Interview: UB on Dec 2nd
Application under review: schools except UB

I added Columbia and UPenn to my designations in late August...mailed on Sep 3 and Sep 10, respectively. Haven't heard back from either since then, with the exception of "application complete" notifications/check cashed.

Hopefully we all hear something soon...

Hey guys!
Don't lose hope just yet.
I took the DAT on 8/30 and it wasn't sent out til 9/24.. and I got an interview invite today! To Temple. All is not lost!

Hey guys!
Don't lose hope just yet.
I took the DAT on 8/30 and it wasn't sent out til 9/24.. and I got an interview invite today! To Temple. All is not lost!

Congrats! What's your interview date?

Congrats! What's your interview date?

November 4th. I was hoping for a mid Nov. interview as I'm not ready yet, but at this point, any interview is better than none. I'll just suck it up.

i sent in my app like beg september, it was completed in like mid sept. I sent in app fees to the schools and some have said my app is complete, 2 have not. My stats are 3.71 gpa and science gpa. 23AA/ 24TS/ 17 (i know) PAT. One school sent me an invite about 3 days after my app was complete but havent heard anything from anyone since

nice grades! can I ask which school you heard back from?

with a mailing date of 11/10/2010!!! Take heart if your stats are good you will get there, maybe not on December 1st, but the most important thing is to be part of a dental class come August:)

Do I have chance with my DAT being aa:21, pa:21, ts:21, and having applied at oct/19?

So I received my first interview invite from Columbia today via email. Seems some schools are faster than others. Mailing date was 9/24 and last letter was received 10/15. :thumbup:

So I received my first interview invite from Columbia today via email. Seems some schools are faster than others. Mailing date was 9/24 and last letter was received 10/15. :thumbup:
]

Congrats KillaCam! Got an interview notice from Columbia today as well.:thumbup: first one.

congrats!! did you get a pre-dec interview? did they have any left? :)

I FINALLY GOT AN INTERRRRVIEWW!! YES! YES! YES!
I had given up of getting any interview this year and then finally my status on AADSAS changed for Loma Linda. It says that I'm invited for an interview but I have to wait until I get the letter in the mail to choose my interview date. For those that have been getting interviews from LLU lately, what dates have been available? Considering it's the weekend I probably wont be receiving this letter until mid- next week.... so I want to get an idea of what dates I should be expecting.

overall GPA and sceince GPA: 3.85

DAT: 22AA/23TS/20PAT

Totally excited and get to go back to NYC soon!

Do I have chance with my DAT being aa:21, pa:21, ts:21, and having applied at oct/19?

I think you have a chance... I know of people who applied later than you who got in with similar DAT scores. but what about your GPA, ECs, etc?

I think you have a chance... I know of people who applied later than you who got in with similar DAT scores. but what about your GPA, ECs, etc?

GPA: 3.4
EC: 4 years tutoring chemistry at my university and 1.5 years of research. But none dental related:(

any good news? it has been pretty quiet on my end.... though I did happen to stumble upon a loma linda rejection =/. Kinda weird since I'm a christian/involved in the community, but at least they offer a reason after January if you would like to know.

Do you guys know how many people are interviewed at Loma Linda for the 95 spots??