Anyone already heard from northwestern, duke or u of pittsburgh??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephilosphy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused: I'm anxiously waiting

Members don't see this ad.

In the sticky GRE/acceptances thread, one member wrote on 10/12/09 that she had heard from NUPT (this is last year's cycle). Looking back at the edits to my post in that thread, I heard on or slightly before 10/27 last year for NU. It looks like my PTCAS mailing date was Oct. 6. The girl who heard on 10/12 was about a week or two before me in mailing hers.

Hope that helps?

Usually PITT sends the first round of acceptance letters (or emails I should say) around Christmas break. When I was applying I got the acceptance email on December 26th, which made for a perfect late Christmas present!

Members don't see this ad :)
It really helps! My PTCAS mailing date was Oct.19th. So I think I still have a long time to wait.

I applied to Pitt too... They emailed me on Oct. 14 (even though my app had been sent 9-12 and then again on 9-28) to let me know they had my stuff.

I'm not looking to hear til after the December 15th deadline.

Ugh... Waiting sucks!

I was notified today (Oct.25th) that northwestern had received all my stuff.......................................Hopefully I would get the good news soon.:)

Northwestern notified me that they had received all my app materials on Sept 28th... haven't heard anything from them since... very nervous/anxious

but I haven't heard of anyone getting acceptances/denials from them yet... I know they received over 800 apps this year so its gonna take a while

I also heard from duke at the end of sept that they had received all my app materials and Anita told me they were expecting close to 1000 apps almost double last years application cycle so it may take a while.

Last edited:
A friend of my and I got accepted to Northwestern today! We received notification that they had our materials in early september though

A friend of my and I got accepted to Northwestern today! We received notification that they had our materials in early september though

Congratulations!! I am really glad to hear they have started to notify people hopefully I'll hear from them soon then. Do you mind sharing you stats like GPA and GRE you and your friend had??

Congratulations!! I am really glad to hear they have started to notify people hopefully I'll hear from them soon then. Do you mind sharing you stats like GPA and GRE you and your friend had??

Thank you! She currently has a 3.9 and I have a 3.6. We got about the same on the GRE which was 570v 770q and 5 on the analytical writing. I had about 130 observations hours from three different locations, both inpatient and outpatient. As far as extracirriculars I work about 20 hours a week, exec board for my sorority and several other health-related school organizations. I'm not sure what the rest of her stats were. Hope this helps and good luck!

Heard from Jane Sullivan today, the Associate Chair for Recruiting and Admissions, that they will send out acceptances until early December. They will send out about 160 acceptances and have only sent out 50 so far. So don't worry if you haven't heard yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from Jane Sullivan today, the Associate Chair for Recruiting and Admissions, that they will send out acceptances until early December. They will send out about 160 acceptances and have only sent out 50 so far. So don't worry if you haven't heard yet!

Thank you very much for this helpful information!!!

I was notified this Monday that they got all my stuff, so I still have to wait. right??? So nervous~~~:luck:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:still waiting

I know, it's the worst. I haven't heard a word from Pitt or Duquesne... But, I have an interview at Chatham next weekend.

After visiting Chatham, as long as I get accepted there, that's where I'm going!

After visiting Chatham, as long as I get accepted there, that's where I'm going!
Oh man!!! They must have made a good impression on you! It's a great program, ay? <-- Im not canadian, btw

I am also waiting to hear from Northwestern... my advice to you would be to stay patient. Looks like you submitted your application a little later than most so you may not hear for a while. They will continue to give acceptances until mid December in the order they are received. They received mine on September 17th and I have not yet been told of my status.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:still waiting

I am also waiting to hear from Northwestern... my advice to you would be to stay patient. Looks like you submitted your application a little later than most so you may not hear for a while. They will continue to give acceptances until mid December in the order they are received. They received mine on September 17th and I have not yet been told of my status.

Oh, actually I called them yesterday, and I was told that I might be able to hear from the result at least 1~2 weeks later.

They're currently reviewing applications that were verified by PTCAS around Oct.7 ~8. And mine was verified on Oct.12nd.

So it does make sense

Oh man!!! They must have made a good impression on you! It's a great program, ay? <-- Im not canadian, btw

They did! We'll see how the interview process goes and then I'll have a better idea on their whole program with problem based learning.

It'd still be nice to have choices though... I want to go and visit Pitt (because who knows, maybe THEY'LL have a bigger impression!!) but, I am missing the open house thanks to my Chatham interview... May have to schedule something otherwise to go check it out.

It'd still be nice to have choices though... I want to go and visit Pitt (because who knows, maybe THEY'LL have a bigger impression!!) but, I am missing the open house thanks to my Chatham interview... May have to schedule something otherwise to go check it out.
I thought having choices would be great, it actually makes it tougher to decide where to go, now that I have two. And I totally agree, If you are going to spend three years at one place, you gotta like the fit of the school you are attending. You should schedule a tour at Pitt.

Anyone else already heard from the program? (northwestern)

I have still not heard from Northwestern yet. I called them today to see what was going on since I expected to hear pretty soon (I submitted very early back in September). Had a very long conversation with the admissions lady who was very nice and informative...
She they told me they have given one round of offers thus approximately 50 people. The applications go through in groups based on the dates they are received. They like to review applications and give offers in groups so they keep the numbers where they want them. They hope to get a second round of offers out to the next group next week. They do biweekly review board meetings to try and make decisions. So she said to probably look for the next offers to be on the 15th and 29th(approximately). She said don't count on those to be the EXACT dates but somewhere around there. And then in December they begin to meet more frequently and will be giving out offers every week until the last day is December 15th.
hope that helps someone else waiting:)

I have still not heard from Northwestern yet. I called them today to see what was going on since I expected to hear pretty soon (I submitted very early back in September). Had a very long conversation with the admissions lady who was very nice and informative...
She they told me they have given one round of offers thus approximately 50 people. The applications go through in groups based on the dates they are received. They like to review applications and give offers in groups so they keep the numbers where they want them. They hope to get a second round of offers out to the next group next week. They do biweekly review board meetings to try and make decisions. So she said to probably look for the next offers to be on the 15th and 29th(approximately). She said don't count on those to be the EXACT dates but somewhere around there. And then in December they begin to meet more frequently and will be giving out offers every week until the last day is December 15th.
hope that helps someone else waiting:)

It's a very helpful information!!!!

Thank you very much!:laugh:

by "Admissions lady" do you mean Jane? She's awesome. I'm meeting with her tomorrow to go over what some of us students will be presenting at the open house in January. (she's my advisor too)

I don’t remember if I got her name… probably was her if she is the one that usually answers calls regarding admissions. She was very helpful to anxious students like me waiting to hear if I got in. Hopefully
I will be there to see what you and the other students present at the open house in January:)

by "Admissions lady" do you mean Jane? She's awesome. I'm meeting with her tomorrow to go over what some of us students will be presenting at the open house in January. (she's my advisor too)

Does anyone know if they contact you either way? Meaning, do they contact you right away even if you don't get in?

I know that their method of contact if you are accepted is a phone call and if you are not a letter in the mail... but i do not know how much longer they take to contact you if you are not accepted.

Does anyone know if they contact you either way? Meaning, do they contact you right away even if you don't get in?

Does anyone get notified today by NUPT??:(

I haven't heard anything yet.

I was waitlisted last year and they notified me via e-mail in mid-December. I know acceptance is a phone call, don't know about rejections.

Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking did you then end up getting in to NW off the waitlist? or where did you end up going to school?

I was waitlisted last year and they notified me via e-mail in mid-December. I know acceptance is a phone call, don't know about rejections.

Does anyone get notified today by NUPT??:(

I haven't heard anything yet.

Sorry, I should have posted my response here. I submitted my application through PTCAS on September 21st, and it was mailed on October 13th. I received a phone call from Northwestern with the acceptance on November 11th.

Sorry, I should have posted my response here. I submitted my application through PTCAS on September 21st, and it was mailed on October 13th. I received a phone call from Northwestern with the acceptance on November 11th.

Thank you! Would you mind to share your stat?

I just posted them on the main sticky. The basic numbers though are: overall GPA: 3.76, pre-requ. GPA: 3.43 and my GRE is Q 760, V 530, and A 4.5.

If UConn accepts me in mid December, I'm 99% certain I will decline the spot at Northwestern so someone on the wait-list can count on getting that spot.

for those that got accepted to northwestern, were you contacted about a background check form??

thanks

DV -

I'm a first year there now and we never were, but we did the background check at our orientation. I remember them saying that they were including that as part of the application process, but I'm not sure if that's before or after you're accepted.

hmm. thanks dancefuture. are you from chicago? are you looking forward to the winter :) :) i grew up there, and now live in cali so if i get into northwestern i don't know if i'll wanna return to the weather. ahaha

i was wondering about the background thing, because they asked for it, and of course it's not on the website, so it may be something that happens after a preliminary acceptance? (fingers crossed)

I just got my acceptance email from Pitt. I literally did this face: :wow:

I honestly didn't think I would get accepted since I applied around the same time as some others who've been accepted.

I have until Jan. 20th to send in my deposit/acceptance, so I think I'm still going to wait to see what Chatham says in December.

Holy crap. I actually got an acceptance!!!

I honestly didn't think I would get accepted since I applied around the same time as some others who've been accepted.

I have until Jan. 20th to send in my deposit/acceptance, so I think I'm still going to wait to see what Chatham says in December.

Congrats!

I didn't hear from anything yet:luck:

DV - I have always lived within an hour of Chicago...this fall has been great thus far, still no snow. As long as I don't have to drive, I don't mind the winter :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! seems like yesterday we started talking about Vision 2020 now we will be PTs eventually. How's it feel that even though it's not your first choice, you're in at least to a program.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! seems like yesterday we started talking about Vision 2020 now we will be PTs eventually. How's it feel that even though it's not your first choice, you're in at least to a program.

I know! I still am really considering Pitt -- I hate to completely say no with never visiting, ya know? It was my original #1 because it's Pitt and we'd be classmates! Yay!!! =D

I know! I still am really considering Pitt -- I hate to completely say no with never visiting, ya know? It was my original #1 because it's Pitt and we'd be classmates! Yay!!! =D

Child please!!!!! I did not apply to Pitt. I wouldn't stand a chance against everyones stats. I didn't even want to apply to any ranked school because of my stats.

Child please!!!!! I did not apply to Pitt. I wouldn't stand a chance against everyones stats. I didn't even want to apply to any ranked school because of my stats.

Haha! I could've sworn you did!! (I thought there were 2-3 people on here...) I must be going crazy. ;)

Is anyone still waiting on Northwestern? I was wondering if they may give out all there acceptances before they even look at all the applications. I know a lot of people have already found out i just don't know how many spots they have left.

Is anyone still waiting on Northwestern? I was wondering if they may give out all there acceptances before they even look at all the applications. I know a lot of people have already found out i just don't know how many spots they have left.

I am also still waiting on Northwestern... I talked to the admissions office last week and it she said they still have plenty of spots left and a lot more applications to go through... I have been pretty annoyed with NW in this whole process. I have been pretty screwed over and they don't seem to care to give all applicants a fair chance. PM me if you would like to know more.

My supplemental fee was just deposited yesterday &#65288;11.26&#65289;by NUPT. It was already a whole month since they sent me a confirmation email (10.25). :(

markelmarcel-- did you apply and get accepted to Northwestern too, or just Pitt? I was accepted to both and am trying to decide between the two and am stuck. Both have their open houses on the same day and are great schools.

Ahhh any advice?

I also received an interview from Duke today and that is the first I've heard from them since I applied in September...if that helps anyone looking for something about Duke on this thread