From one PT program to another

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

o.arroyo.b

Reaction score
So I’m currently in my first semester at a PT program in NC. I’m originally from FL but it was me and wife’s 5-year-plan to move to NC, so applying to schools in NC made sense. To make a long story short, we found out we were expecting our first baby a few months before I started in January. I did research and found that University of St. Augustine accepts transfer credits, which would be amazing since my in laws live in Daytona. Our main concern right now is being around family (for obvious and financial reasons), which got me thinking about possibly transferring credits.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this? Would I have to re-apply through PTCAS to USAHS, get accepted, and THEN submit for transfer of credits? Or will they outright accept me since I’m already in an accredited PT program? I’m trying to avoid losing more time since I’m 32 years old, but at the same time, I’m kinda willing to restart since I’m still only in the first semester.

Members don't see this ad.

So I’m currently in my first semester at a PT program in NC. I’m originally from FL but it was me and wife’s 5-year-plan to move to NC, so applying to schools in NC made sense. To make a long story short, we found out we were expecting our first baby a few months before I started in January. I did research and found that University of St. Augustine accepts transfer credits, which would be amazing since my in laws live in Daytona. Our main concern right now is being around family (for obvious and financial reasons), which got me thinking about possibly transferring credits.

My question is, does anyone have any experience with this? Would I have to re-apply through PTCAS to USAHS, get accepted, and THEN submit for transfer of credits? Or will they outright accept me since I’m already in an accredited PT program? I’m trying to avoid losing more time since I’m 32 years old, but at the same time, I’m kinda willing to restart since I’m still only in the first semester.
First, congratulations!

Second, it's hard for us to know since the university may have specific policies about transferring. Not all credits transfer due to differences in curriculum. If you are in good standing, you can ask your curriculum dean. You may have more flexibility once you get to clinical rotations.