***Official UCSF c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidae85

Canine Style
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im so excited that I decided to get this started a little early... Ill bump it up when it gets close to Dec 1st.....:D

Members don't see this ad.

And it begins...

Members don't see this ad :)
davidae, uop > ucsf ?

hahah.... I actually like both schools immensely, but my interview at UOP is post-December, so I'm rooting for USCF likes theres no tomorrow.

Besides, that thread was asking people their personal preference for the school they would like to get into. Just cause I listed uop first doesnt mean I hate ucsf. Its just a personal preference to want to go to uop a tad bit more than ucsf.

lol

Last edited:
hahah.... I actually like both schools immensely, but my interview at UOP is post-December, so I'm rooting for USCF likes theres no tomorrow.

lol

Don't you think it's kind of (not sure what word to use right here) to start an acceptance thread pre-dec 1?

Dont you think I kind of dont give a (dont know what word to use here) what you think. This forum is free for all to use in a respectful way,

Besides, I noticed from past years threads that people do start these threads before acceptance day.

i was being sarcastic since that thread's title seemed so pretentious IMO: "Best dental school?" .... who the heck asks thats.... All dental schools are great in their own way and so I found that thread absurd. i dont believe ranking dental school's in a generalized way.

I guess my cynicism was too dry for anyone to pick up on it. You guys should really stop reading into what everyone says.

May - someone's being a bit too harsh to the OP. At least this thread will keep all things UCSF unified come Dec 1st. Think of it as "pre-cleaning" so that a bunch of UCSF threads don't flood the forums on Dec 1st, because we all know that people will want to make their own threads about each school they all got accepted into. Pre-mature? A little bit, but it was going to be made sooner or later.

Think of it as "pre-cleaning" so that a bunch of UCSF threads don't flood the forums on Dec 1st, because we all know that people will want to make their own threads about each school they all got accepted into.

And also people like me who will make threads about schools they didn't even apply to. Lol

UCSF!!!!! Come on.... I want a blank NOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i feel like ucsf took me out to a nice breakfast and lunch and even a slice of pizza afterwards and didnt even call me. i feel used.. time for a scalding shower.

WOOT WOOT!!! See y'all in the fall!

why hasn't this been bumped?

UCSF c/o 2015!!! Here I come!!!

BTW, randomfilipino, I think I briefly spoke with you at the Nov 1 interview. You were the guy from Texas who studied Design right?

Is that it?
Is UCSF done with all Pre-December interview acceptances?

I was waiting at my phone all day today
Feel really depressed right now

It seems like not as many people were accepted, I counted 6 by username in this thread

Anybody know if they'll continue tomorrow?

Is that it?
Is UCSF done with all Pre-December interview acceptances?

I was waiting at my phone all day today
Feel really depressed right now

It seems like not as many people were accepted, I counted 6 by username in this thread

SAME HERE...i'm so sad now...

Anybody know if they'll continue tomorrow?

i feel like ucsf took me out to a nice breakfast and lunch and even a slice of pizza afterwards and didnt even call me. i feel used.. time for a scalding shower.

i feel the same way minoh87...:/ i'm so sad...

but congrats to all of those who got acceptances!

redchesus: yeah, we sat across from each other during the presentations right?

Last edited:
redchesus: yeah, we sat across from each other during the presentations right?

LOL that's right, we did! I guess I wasn't totally paying attention to my surroundings once we were in that room... nerves...

Congrats future classmate (if you choose UCSF)!

Yes!!! Class of 2015 :love: So happy I almost cried when the dean called.

UCSF babyyyy! got a call from the Dean, too. super excited!
Now do i choose LA or SF? :confused:

UCSF babyyyy! got a call from the Dean, too. super excited!
Now do i choose LA or SF? :confused:

wow those are two tough choices...because they're both really good schools. congrats for having one very hard decision to make!

so you all received a phone call post 4PM yesterday. i wonder what time they stopped phoning/if they've extended invitations to all already

I decided to call admissions, and they confirmed that the next round of acceptance calls will be in January.

Therefore all December acceptances have been given out for now.

Im want to jump off a bridge now.....

I decided to call admissions, and they confirmed that the next round of acceptance calls will be in January.

Therefore all December acceptances have been given out for now.

Im want to jump off a bridge now.....

aww David! Hang in there...maybe we'll be included in the Jan batch? :xf: I am crossing my fingers, legs, and toes that it happens...

once I gather my composure and courage again, I'll call them to ask about when they'll be updating of other students statuses...unless someone beats me to it

aww David! Hang in there...maybe we'll be included in the Jan batch? :xf: I am crossing my fingers, legs, and toes that it happens...

once I gather my composure and courage again, I'll call them to ask about when they'll be updating of other students statuses...unless someone beats me to it

Hey, would you happen to know the date or week for the next batch of acceptances? My interview is near the end of January and was hoping that I would be considered for the next round of acceptances.

more likely the beginning of January, so you'll be competing for the third round of acceptances....

more likely the beginning of January, so you'll be competing for the third round of acceptances....

i still haven't had the guts to call the office...maybe later this afternoon if I get off of shadowing early enough...

p.s. how are you holding up?

Fellas,
Just to share my personal experience. Last year, I had their 1st interview of the cycle in Oct, and they told me there hasn't been a decision made on my file on Dec 1st. According to admission, it's a good news because I wasn't rejected or waitlisted and the school is still interested in me. So, I still have a really good chance when it comes to 2nd or 3rd wave of acceptance.

With that conversation and e-mail I had with the school, I still thought I had high hope of getting into the school and I kept on having that hope. However, a good number of people on SDN and who knows how many people outside of SDN were also in my shoe last year. I believe none of us SDNers and 5 people I knew outside of te SDN forum got in afterward in 2nd or 3rd round, we're all either denied or placed on the waitlist when they finalized the class in Feb. I think 2 people ended it up getting in off the waitlist because they're like #2 and # 5 on the waitlist. Of course, that's only like...15+ people, not an accurate representation.

Guys, I am not trying to be a dxxk but don't keep your hope too high for UCSF if there hasn't been a decision made for your application, espeially after the 2nd round of accepctance on Jan 15th.

Look at it this way, if they really like you, why wouldn't they take you NOW if there are still spots open on Dec 1st? Why is the school still interviewing other highly quailified applicants and accecpting other people 2 days after their interviews if they like you? Not going to lie, few of us were pretty upset the fact that the school made us wait for an additional 2-3 months before making that decision of waitlist or denial.

So honestly, the best thing to do here is to focus on other school interviews/offers first and to kind of drop UCSF to the back of your mind. If it's meant to be, it'll happen later on as a surprise. Just don't be putting all your prayers and hope into UCSF as this moment. I can't describe how big of a disappointment it was for some of us last year who made all the way to the final cut and only to be denied in late Feb.

wait, peerless, you're not at UCSF? I could have sworn you were...

EDIT: Wait nmind, I lookd at your predents, you're UoP, please ignore... how do I delete this?

Fellas,
Just to share my personal experience. Last year, I had their 1st interview of the cycle in Oct, and they told me there hasn't been a decision made on my file on Dec 1st. According to admission, it's a good news because I wasn't rejected or waitlisted and the school is still interested in me. So, I still have a really good chance when it comes to 2nd or 3rd wave of acceptance.

With that conversation and e-mail I had with the school, I still thought I had high hope of getting into the school and I kept on having that hope. However, a good number of people on SDN and who knows how many people outside of SDN were also in my shoe last year. I believe none of us SDNers and 5 people I knew outside of te SDN forum got in afterward in 2nd or 3rd round, we're all either denied or placed on the waitlist when they finalized the class in Feb. I think 2 people ended it up getting in off the waitlist because they're like #2 and # 5 on the waitlist. Of course, that's only like...15+ people, not an accurate representation.

Guys, I am not trying to be a dxxk but don't keep your hope too high for UCSF if there hasn't been a decision made for your application, espeially after the 2nd round of accepctance on Jan 15th.

Look at it this way, if they really like you, why wouldn't they take you NOW if there are still spots open on Dec 1st? Why is the school still interviewing other highly quailified applicants and accecpting other people 2 days after their interviews if they like you? Not going to lie, few of us were pretty upset the fact that the school made us wait for an additional 2-3 months before making that decision of waitlist or denial.

So honestly, the best thing to do here is to focus on other school interviews/offers first and to kind of drop UCSF to the back of your mind. If it's meant to be, it'll happen later on as a surprise. Just don't be putting all your prayers and hope into UCSF as this moment. I can't describe how big of a disappointment it was for some of us last year who made all the way to the final cut and only to be denied in late Feb.

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing this story. I feel like now I could be certain to just move on, and pretend UCSF never even happened.

I was really hoping for a January acceptance, but seems like this is very unlikely. :(

I guess Ill be applying for the third time next year since I was rejected from practically everywhere else....

hey, don't give up hope, you stil have your UOP interview and that's a GOOD SIGN.
Like I said, the 15 or so people on SDN and people I knew, we're not really a good and accurate representation of the applicants last year who were stuck in your situation now. Who knows, maybe other people get in during 2nd or 3rd rounds. Keep up your positive attitude and just focus what's ahead of you

hey, don't give up hope, you stil have your UOP interview and that's a GOOD SIGN.
Like I said, the 15 or so people on SDN and people I knew, we're not really a good and accurate representation of the applicants last year who were stuck in your situation now. Who knows, maybe other people get in during 2nd or 3rd rounds. Keep up your positive attitude and just focus what's ahead of you

hey peerless, you're awesome--thanks for always sharing your experience with us. I think a lot of us who didn't hear back from UCSF Dec 1st...were pretty disappointed. I'm pretty shaken up from it, but like you say...if it's meanto be/if it's yours...it will happen/be yours.

pick LA guys!

some of us didn't get an interview from UCLA! haha

i'm completely kidding
just jealous you guys have done so well for yourselves

congratulations!

pick LA guys!

some of us didn't get an interview from UCLA! haha

i'm completely kidding
just jealous you guys have done so well for yourselves

congratulations!

LOL! I agree!

those two individuals have two really tough decisions to make. both schools are located in really nice cities and parking sucks for both cities. they're almost comparable!

I looked at old thread from last year about the waitlist at UCSF. No one got in after Dec 1st.

If you interviewed before Dec 1st, then they won't reject you, or accept you. Then the class fills up and you don't get in.

While everyone is waiting after Dec 1st for the second round of acceptances, they are interviewing new people. These people that they interview after Dec 1st, get in like 1-3 weeks after their interview. While everyone pre-dec 1st, hears nothing and has to wait. This shows they are not interested in pre-dec 1st interview people.

Not good :/ I had my hopes up

The ucsf class of 2014 is studying for finals now, including myself. So in an effort to procrastinate I've created the following chat to answer any questions that you might have about the school or first year.

http://tinychat.com/ucsf

How many days (30 or 45) do accepted students get this year from UCSF to decide?

I looked at old thread from last year about the waitlist at UCSF. No one got in after Dec 1st.

If you interviewed before Dec 1st, then they won't reject you, or accept you. Then the class fills up and you don't get in.

While everyone is waiting after Dec 1st for the second round of acceptances, they are interviewing new people. These people that they interview after Dec 1st, get in like 1-3 weeks after their interview. While everyone pre-dec 1st, hears nothing and has to wait. This shows they are not interested in pre-dec 1st interview people.

Not good :/ I had my hopes up

We were in a tinychat room with a 1st year D student at UCSF and he says this isn't true. Although it may appear that no one was accepted post-Dec 1st (of those who interviewed pre-dec) from SDN, he said that there are classmates that were accepted in Jan/Feb from those that interviewed before Dec 1st. So you're not completely out of the game, but it's true that you will be competing with the other round of interviewees.

I hope that's true...but now there are only so many seats left for all of us :(

The email I received said I had 30 days...But it took me two seconds.:)

LOL! I like how you changed your SDN username! congrats on your acceptance. hopefully a few more of us will be in your shoes come the new year!

LOL! I like how you changed your SDN username! congrats on your acceptance. hopefully a few more of us will be in your shoes come the new year!

Thanks!...It has definitely been a long road for all of us. From my understanding I think only about 60 of the class has been filled. I think they will wait the 30 days to see who accepts and declines their offers and will then start offering more students acceptances. You'll be in my shoes soon. Might just be a few more weeks. Good Luck, it will happen.

it better happen, or someones gonna have to say hello to my little friend......

haha..jk

you've never seen scarface????

one of the best movies of all time

you've never seen scarface????

one of the best movies of all time

i've heard of the movie, but I haven't seen it...haha. maybe i'll add that to my things-to-do-after-an-acceptance-preferably-ucsf list.......c'mon ucsf!

i don't know why but despite what was said on this thread...i'm still being hopeful of an acceptance post dec. it doesn't hurt to be hopeful, right...??i hope not...