***Official UCSF c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone received the emails for background check yet?

Members don't see this ad.

^ I got it done, but now I don't know who the "third party" is to forward the report to... it requires a first and last name

^ I got it done, but now I don't know who the "third party" is to forward the report to... it requires a first and last name

thanks for the reply! did they send you the instructions after you turned in your deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dentdent12, I think I'm leaning towards SF because it was initially my first choice and I want to stay in norcal; however, the high specialty of UCLA dent students is so luring.

i interviewd at ucsf last week, went through the typical aadsas changes (application complete/under review, invited for interview) now a week later, it changed to application complete/under review again. just wondering if anyone knows anything about this type status change, specifically reverting back to that status. i know i am freaking out about 'nothing' but i hope this properly illustrates how badly i want to get into ucsf. anyone else experience this and get in? also, how does aadsas notify or change the status for rejections? do they simply state rejected or something of that nature? thanks......:xf:

Everyone gets that status change after interviewing. If you got in you'll get a call from the Dean before anything else changes. He called me around 8pm PST a couple weeks ago

Everyone gets that status change after interviewing. If you got in you'll get a call from the Dean before anything else changes. He called me around 8pm PST a couple weeks ago

When did you interview?

Never mind. Looks like you interviewed Nov. 1.

Last edited:
My status changed to "under review" too. I interviewed on Jan. 6.

My status changed to "under review" too. I interviewed on Jan. 6.

ok cool and still no word huh? well they said if you dont hear anything thats still good....so we'll see.

just got the call from Dean Featherstone 6:00PM .... i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they say that today would be the last day for acceptances until February? Congratulations btw

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news davidae85?

@maygyver: haven't heard back. I'm dying to know. Haha. It's okay. I'll just apply again. Dentistry is my calling.

@maygyver: haven't heard back. I'm dying to know. Haha. It's okay. I'll just apply again. Dentistry is my calling.

Ah, did you hear back from any other places? That's a good attitude to have though.

How many days do January 25th acceptances get to respond?

Not sure about that but I know that today was their last interview for this cycle and everyone should know whether they are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected by the end of february at the latest.

oh great! no more new people added to the pool of potentials... :)

I've been waiting for months now since my interview. I sure hope all this anxiety stricken waiting period pays off.

Just accepted to UCSF! interviewed Jan 13th! :)

I think we should start a facebook group for those who have been accepted and are planning to attend! (I didn't see one on facebook so am assuming no one has created one yet)

How many days do January 25th acceptances get to respond?

I had my interview on the 24th and they told us that if you are accepted during Jan. you have 30 days. All those accepted after Jan have 15 days to give your deposit.

Also, they told us that I guess they are a little behind in the selecting process -- so our group won't hear back until mid to the end of Feb.... so nervous....

I think we should start a facebook group for those who have been accepted and are planning to attend! (I didn't see one on facebook so am assuming no one has created one yet)

Congrats! You were accepted this morning? Phone call?

fyi, James Betbeze (Admissions Director) created a group, which you can find by searching "UCSF Dentistry Class of 2015"

have you guys heard of the recent budget cut proposed by Gov Jerry Brown??? Hes proposing to cut $500 mil from the UC education systems budget! I don't know what UCSF has to say about this but I believe it will undoubtedly increase our tuition! the price difference between attending a UC and a private institution may possibly become practically negligible ):

Hey dentdent12, I think I'm leaning towards SF because it was initially my first choice and I want to stay in norcal; however, the high specialty of UCLA dent students is so luring.

I wouldn't factor the specialty rate diff between those two schools if I were you. Specializing is mostly up to you. Plus, Phase II match just ended on Monday and I can only think of 2 people who didn't match. UCSF dominated this year (including yours truly!! :) ). Not sure bout UCLA but both schools are "specializing machines".

Go where ya wanna live for 4 years...IMO

PDiz

Congrats to those that got into UCSF! My parents just bought an apartment building near campus and I wanted to offer the apartment up for a fellow dental student.

There is only one vacant apartment right now and is currently being renovated.

It is a one bedroom apartment located near the corner of Parnassus and Stanyan and is 1 block away from the N Judah stop. 5 minute walk to campus.

If you or anyone you know from class is interested, please let me know.

I will try to get some pictures.

you can email me at [email protected], PM is probably not a good way to contact me as I don't come here as often.

Last edited:
Just got into UCSF!!! Can't wait to meet you guys in the August!!

Just got the call as well and I will be attending UCSF!!

I got a rejection letter by email from UCSF!!

congrats on the acceptances!

did anyone who got an acceptance call today interview pre-december?

i didnt get the rejection email and interviewed way back on october 18th, but still didnt hear from them yet

congrats on the acceptances!

did anyone who got an acceptance call today interview pre-december?

i didnt get the rejection email and interviewed way back on october 18th, but still didnt hear from them yet

I'm in the same boat but I interviewed at the end of January... :scared: what will our fate be?? :confused:

Got the acceptance call today :D!!! Interviewed on Jan 27. Super excited to meet everyone!!! :thumbup:

have you guys heard of the recent budget cut proposed by Gov Jerry Brown??? Hes proposing to cut $500 mil from the UC education systems budget! I don't know what UCSF has to say about this but I believe it will undoubtedly increase our tuition! the price difference between attending a UC and a private institution may possibly become practically negligible ):

bad news :cry:. is the decision final or does anyone know when the proposal will become a fact? I'm thinking I should call UCSF dental and see what they can say about it before I put my deposit down!

Got the acceptance call today :D!!! Interviewed on Jan 27. Super excited to meet everyone!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations!
I also interviewed on Jan 27th as well - thought the phone calls will be coming in towards the end of Feb, but I guess it has started already for some of you! :thumbup:

bad news :cry:. is the decision final or does anyone know when the proposal will become a fact? I'm thinking I should call UCSF dental and see what they can say about it before I put my deposit down!

prolly something you should do if price was a big factor in you deciding to go to SF.

I got an email today saying that I am on the alternative list. I also got a number indicating my position on the list. It's kind of a big number... does that mean I have no chance? :scared:
How likely is that one from the waiting list gets an admission?

I got an email today saying that I am on the alternative list. I also got a number indicating my position on the list. It's kind of a big number... does that mean I have no chance? :scared:
How likely is that one from the waiting list gets an admission?

In case you didn't see it, someone posted in the other thread that UCSF got up to about 20 on their waitlist last year.