What's the craziest thing you've heard a person do to get into med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muffeoniv

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my friend's told my about this kid who started a clinic in Africa and had interviews at Harvard ect.

what's the "craziest" thing you've heard?

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friend's told my about this kid who started a clinic in Africa and had interviews at Harvard ect.

what's the "craziest" thing you've heard?

I sure hope the person started the clinic in Africa not to "get into med school" but to actually help people (and having it be a boost to their application is just a plus).

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, there's this legend about this kid named Muff, though no one's ever seen him and lived to talk about it. Word has it that he made so many contributive threads on some mythical pre-medical website, that he got accepted into Ross University on his first try. I don't have all the details, but to me, that's some pretty CRAZY stuff.

Yep. I actually started a clinic on the MOON to study and treat moon-related diseases. I hope this helps my chances...

Well, there's this legend about this kid named Muff, though no one's ever seen him and lived to talk about it. Word has it that he made so many contributive threads on some mythical pre-medical website, that he got accepted into Ross University on his first try. I don't have all the details, but to me, that's some pretty CRAZY stuff.

My first thought was to respond like this. ^

Brilliant minds, my friend.
:highfive:

I thought about going this route as well.

muffdiver needs to take some time away from sdn. (s)he needs to realize the vast number of useful threads that already exist on this site; learn how to Search; and think twice before creating new threads that serve no purpose.

Yep. I actually started a clinic on the MOON to study and treat moon-related diseases. I hope this helps my chances...

Pshhh, I started a clinic on Venus using the sulfur in the air and the lighting storms to power my generator that I created using toothpicks, carpenter glue, my cat's pajamas, and paperclips just so I could get into medical school. And I'm just a freshman...booyah!

this girl had an academic dishonesty a below average gpa and an alright MCAT and her parents bought the med school a new wing+library. She got accepted.

My first thought was to respond like this. ^

Brilliant minds, my friend.
:highfive:

:laugh:

president-chest-bump.jpg

muffdiver needs to take some time away from sdn. (s)he needs to realize the vast number of useful threads that already exist on this site; learn how to Search; and think twice before creating new threads that serve no purpose.

:laugh:. Bolded for emphasis.

Members don't see this ad :)
The craziest thing I ever did to get into med school was take the MCAT...

i had to like mudkipz

I talked up SDN so much in one interview and haven't hear back from them. What the heck man? I mean I've browsed for so many hours...doesn't that count for anything?

who the flying F%&^ is this muff dude, why is every one talking about it?

who the flying F%&^ is this muff dude, why is every one talking about it?

Because he literally sucks worse than Herbert Hoover; president during the great depression and inventor of the vacuum cleaner. He doubly sucks. On a side note, HH was my great great great great great uncle once removed or something like that.

Last edited:
This kid is on a ROLL for useless threads.

NO ONE disturb him...this could be Guinness stuff, right here.

...and how many times did you do that, noshie? ;)

:laugh: Um... Just a few times... You know... The normal amount of times that most people take it... It looks like five, but its really almost like taking it twice... Really...

^ That is what I should be saying in my interviews to downplay how many times I have taken that life sucking test... :p

:laugh: Um... Just a few times... You know... The normal amount of times that most people take it... It looks like five, but its really almost like taking it twice... Really...

^ That is what I should be saying in my interviews to downplay how many times I have taken that life sucking test... :p

Nosh,

I remember reading your MD apps a few months ago and rooting for you. Never got to say congrats! You are going to be a doc :)

Happy for ya girl!

I took it 6 times. Scored 4. Once in 2008...in my interview I found myself saying, "oh, that was before I was really sold on the whole pre-med track." Twice in 2009. Raised 2 points then dropped 1. Actually applied, but got rejected. 3 times in 2010. Two voids. One because I wasn't ready, second because I ran out of time in 2 sections. Third time, score! And I finally got my 30+. IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

Nosh,

I remember reading your MD apps a few months ago and rooting for you. Never got to say congrats! You are going to be a doc :)

Happy for ya girl!

Aww, thank you! :) How has everything been with you?

I took it 6 times. Scored 4. Once in 2008...in my interview I found myself saying, "oh, that was before I was really sold on the whole pre-med track." Twice in 2009. Raised 2 points then dropped 1. Actually applied, but got rejected. 3 times in 2010. Two voids. One because I wasn't ready, second because I ran out of time in 2 sections. Third time, score! And I finally got my 30+. IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

I should have clicked the "do not score" button a few times... Or checked the box (I took two MCATs on paper!). Congrats on beating the 30 ceiling! And I see you had an interview, I’m sending you good luck for an acceptance!

Who HASN'T started a clinic in Africa these days?

Even Weezy and Terrell Owens have started clinics.

Pshhh, I started a clinic on Venus using the sulfur in the air and the lighting storms to power my generator that I created using toothpicks, carpenter glue, my cat's pajamas, and paperclips just so I could get into medical school. And I'm just a freshman...booyah!

Still unless you have a 45 MCAT and 4.8 I think you had better go DO or Caribbean. I mean did you win the Nobel Prize yet?